Unions in the US

Unions in the US

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Average pay of government union employees: 125K.......not to mention exceedingly lucrative retirement benefits that dwarf those of the private sector.

Not at all greedy to the k00ks..........

Geeze dude, you should have been a gov. union worker huh? That way your dream paycheck would match your fantasy 125K paycheck.

Fact is the average union worker of the gov makes $60,298. a year.

Union Workers Earn More Than Nonunion

365 x 8 =2920 x 20.65 = $60,298.

Now lets give you one of theor private sector gov. jobs. A Blackwater employee is getting an average $600.00 a day. OK, lets do the math.

600/8= 75. x 2920 = $219,000.

Oh, mah gawd!!! We better make Union workers out of the private sector in the ME, so we can save some money!!! Damn those private capaitalists ripping us off.

New day, new statistic... pulled from same old orifice. Good old skook, he's consistent, gotta grant him that.

WIDENING GAP

Average hourly wages:

Year Public Private

2007 $39.50 $26.09

2004 $34.72 $23.76

Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics

State, local government workers see pay gains

By Dennis Cauchon, USA TODAY
State and local government workers are enjoying major gains in compensation, pushing the value of their average wages and benefits far ahead of private workers, a USA TODAY analysis of federal data shows.
The gap is widening every year, rising by an average $1.02 an hour last year and $2.45 an hour over the past three years. The better pay and benefits for public employees come as private-sector workers face stagnant wages and rising unemployment.

State and local government workers now earn an average of $39.50 per hour in total compensation, reports the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). Private workers earn an average of $26.09 an hour.

State, local government workers see pay gains - USATODAY.com

Ooooooooooooooooooops!!!!:fu::lmao::fu::lmao::fu::boobies:

Average pay of government union employees: 125K.......not to mention exceedingly lucrative retirement benefits that dwarf those of the private sector.

Not at all greedy to the k00ks..........

125K?.... my salary has just gone up about 150%......another one who has no clue about what he says....

WIDENING GAP

Average hourly wages:

Year Public Private

2007 $39.50 $26.09

2004 $34.72 $23.76

are you refering to the WORKERS or the Management?......i know where i work we sure as hell dont make what your saying.....and i have met others from a few other agencies who wish they were paid as much as those in the PO make....

In economics, a monopoly (from Greek monos / μονος (alone or single) + polein / πωλειν (to sell)) exists when a specific individual or an enterprise has sufficient control over a particular product or service to determine significantly the terms on which other individuals shall have access to it.

Monopoly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:dig:

Thanks! WHo said you were totally worthless?

Unions do not have a monopoly on labor.

Of course they do. Try operating any unionized business and hiring anyone you want and negotiating their pay separately. You'll find out pretty quickly you are dealing with one provider.

Thanks! WHo said you were totally worthless?

Of course they do. Try operating any unionized business and hiring anyone you want and negotiating their pay separately. You'll find out pretty quickly you are dealing with one provider.

Unions do not have a monopoly on labor. Businesses can hire anyone they'd like, and fire as well. Just because some businesses agree to cooperative agreements with union members doesn't mean that the labor supply is a monopoly.

By that idiotic thinking one would conclude that every unionized company has a monopsony on labor.

Geeze dude, you should have been a gov. union worker huh? That way your dream paycheck would match your fantasy 125K paycheck.

Fact is the average union worker of the gov makes $60,298. a year.

Union Workers Earn More Than Nonunion

365 x 8 =2920 x 20.65 = $60,298.

Now lets give you one of theor private sector gov. jobs. A Blackwater employee is getting an average $600.00 a day. OK, lets do the math.

600/8= 75. x 2920 = $219,000.

Oh, mah gawd!!! We better make Union workers out of the private sector in the ME, so we can save some money!!! Damn those private capaitalists ripping us off.

New day, new statistic... pulled from same old orifice. Good old skook, he's consistent, gotta grant him that.

WIDENING GAP

Average hourly wages:

Year Public Private

2007 $39.50 $26.09

2004 $34.72 $23.76

Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics

State, local government workers see pay gains

By Dennis Cauchon, USA TODAY
State and local government workers are enjoying major gains in compensation, pushing the value of their average wages and benefits far ahead of private workers, a USA TODAY analysis of federal data shows.
The gap is widening every year, rising by an average $1.02 an hour last year and $2.45 an hour over the past three years. The better pay and benefits for public employees come as private-sector workers face stagnant wages and rising unemployment.

State and local government workers now earn an average of $39.50 per hour in total compensation, reports the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). Private workers earn an average of $26.09 an hour.

State, local government workers see pay gains - USATODAY.com

Ooooooooooooooooooops!!!!:fu::lmao::fu::lmao::fu::boobies:

Is it not a shame that nonUnion workers are all individuals without power and at the mercy of their Master owners? I really feel for their plight to struggle so hard day after day and not be fairly compensated with a living wage. Yet they chose to be powerless, weak in a ruthless Capitalist market place, adrift as Loser Loners. They have listened to the heart beat of the cons and stayed away from those bad bad Union collectives with a voice. They have set their sails for the horizon, and believe the world is flat and they will fall off the edge eventually, why just ask for a raise and you will find out.

Meantime the business owners have sold out their workers with stock options that suck off the profit blood of the worker like leech on hamburger, and hand it to the Elite who do nothing and contribute nothing to the economy or otherwise. The nonunion individual suffers through his life powerless as bills pile up, children's teeth go without braces, How he walks the floor in worry at the child's college education and future, and howls in pain through the night. Alone, Losers, powerless to change their fate.

So the solution isn't to join a collective with power and lawyers and lobbyists and clout, just like the corporations and Elite use against him. No, the solution is to be meek, be weak, and say nothing until the day they are canned. Then the lone gunman is riddled away with bullets by the police after he went berserk in the main lobby where he once worked. His family grieves, his neighbors say he was a good man, the corporation says where can we find another weak minded imbecile to replace him?

Unions do not have a monopoly on labor. Businesses can hire anyone they'd like, and fire as well. Just because some businesses agree to cooperative agreements with union members doesn't mean that the labor supply is a monopoly.

By that idiotic thinking one would conclude that every unionized company has a monopsony on labor.

you're both partially correct. it depends on how large your business is, what type of business you're in and what state you're in as each state has its own laws on the subject.

you're both partially correct. it depends on how large your business is, what type of business you're in and what state you're in as each state has its own laws on the subject.

Under no state law does a labor union have a monopoly on the labor market.

Sorry, that is incorrect.
In certain businesses you cannot hire anyone you want at whatever wages/benefits you individually negotiate. You are locked into the union agreement. That is ipso facto a monopoly.
If they were not monopolies, why would they need protection from anti trust laws?

In certain businesses you cannot hire anyone you want at whatever wages/benefits you individually negotiate. You are locked into the union agreement. That is ipso facto a monopoly.
If they were not monopolies, why would they need protection from anti trust laws?

Only to insure any negotiation does not become a monopoly in contract. Anti-trust laws refer to every company, union or not, so why would they need protection from Anti-trust laws?

Only to insure any negotiation does not become a monopoly in contract. Anti-trust laws refer to every company, union or not, so why would they need protection from Anti-trust laws?

I dunno. Why did they get such protection?

In certain businesses you cannot hire anyone you want at whatever wages/benefits you individually negotiate. You are locked into the union agreement.

Which industries and who are the "you" you speak of?

In certain businesses you cannot hire anyone you want at whatever wages/benefits you individually negotiate. You are locked into the union agreement.

dumb-and-dumber-1-1024.jpg

dumb-and-dumber-1-1024.jpg

of course you don't have an answer, so you just go to calling people dumb. If i stick around long enough, perhaps you'll call me a whore as well!

]

of course you don't have an answer, so you just go to calling people dumb. If i stick around long enough, perhaps you'll call me a whore as well!

This is the internet age. If you seriously ask a question like that you are a total moron. If you are just engaging in some kind of rhetorical move, you are an even bigger moron.

This is the internet age. If you seriously ask a question like that you are a total moron. If you are just engaging in some kind of rhetorical move, you are an even bigger moron.

So, you have no answer. Of course you don't Rabbi. As demonstrated earlier, you're a liar and a fraud. I expect no better - i just enjoy opportunities to remind myself and others.

So, you have no answer. Of course you don't Rabbi. As demonstrated earlier, you're a liar and a fraud. I expect no better - i just enjoy opportunities to remind myself and others.

My answer is that Google is your friend. Your question isn 't serious. If it is serious you're a bigger idiot than I thought. Which is saying something.

My answer is that Google is your friend.

In other words, you have no answer because you are a liar and a fraud. You'll just dig your hole deeper and deeper.

Just like a good conservatarian, rabbi.

My answer is that Google is your friend.

In other words, you have no answer because you are a liar and a fraud. You'll just dig your hole deeper and deeper.

Just like a good conservatarian, rabbi.

Sorry. You've proven yourself too stupid and/or dishonest to debate. On to iggy you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back