Unions say Obama is destroying the foundation of the 40-hour work week

The reduction of hours will eventually be across the board.
Jobs will be lost to automation. They will be lost to businesses closing up shop. Jobs will be lost to consolidation.
All because of increased costs due to ACA.

That was going to happen anyway with or without ACA. People dont seem to understand times are changing. Most business owners are only looking out for themselves and their shareholders. Just wait until all jobs become totally commision or partly commision based.

Oh bullshit. Stop with the lib talking points.
BTW, commission based wages are an incentive for people to find ways to give THEMSELVES a raise.
Of course libs and unionists abhor the concept of productivity.
You bitch about full time employment disappearing yet you concede the notion that it may happen anyway? Come again?

You assume way too much. I have no problem with it at all. I'm not bitching about full time employment disappearing. I own a business. I already saw this coming 7 years ago.

I didnt know you were guaranteed 40 hours of work each week.

Nobody said 40 hours were guaranteed. But Obama is making sure they aren't even a possibility for many.

Do you think that the POTUS wants to harm people or do you think this may be an example of momentary discomfort to reach a better state for the American worker?

No, I think he's just a clueless numbskull who's knowledge of business and economics is zero. Couple that with his delusions of grandeur and epic narcissism... and this is what you get.

Doesn't matter if you do or don't because if you do, you learned nothing from them about success or business.

If you think healthcare is expensive now, it's about to start getting a whole lot more expensive. Employers are already getting socked with it. We've been getting letters from our insurance companies all year that costs are about to skyrocket. We haven't gotten 2014 premiums yet, it's coming soon. You think we're not going to pass that back to the employees you're just living in a dream world.

I understand you want other people to pay your bills, what I don't understand is how you think sucking the people dry who pay your bills isn't eventually going to harm you. It already is BTW, you're just not that observant. But it's about to become a lot more obvious. We'll see when you start to realize as medical costs skyrocket and the quality of care plummets at what point you start to realize that maybe it wasn't such a good idea.

Thats whats so great about our capitalistic system. You guys are very short sighted. Some smart company is going to take advantage and get all the customers by making their prices lower. The costs will go down very shortly so dont panic. Temporary pain for long term gain. I'm sure all you supposed business people understand that concept correct?

I would say that too if I didnt know any successful people.

Doesn't matter if you do or don't because if you do, you learned nothing from them about success or business.

If you think healthcare is expensive now, it's about to start getting a whole lot more expensive. Employers are already getting socked with it. We've been getting letters from our insurance companies all year that costs are about to skyrocket. We haven't gotten 2014 premiums yet, it's coming soon. You think we're not going to pass that back to the employees you're just living in a dream world.

I understand you want other people to pay your bills, what I don't understand is how you think sucking the people dry who pay your bills isn't eventually going to harm you. It already is BTW, you're just not that observant. But it's about to become a lot more obvious. We'll see when you start to realize as medical costs skyrocket and the quality of care plummets at what point you start to realize that maybe it wasn't such a good idea.

Thats whats so great about our capitalistic system. You guys are very short sighted. Some smart company is going to take advantage and get all the customers by making their prices lower. The costs will go down very shortly so dont panic. Temporary pain for long term gain. I'm sure all you supposed business people understand that concept correct?

Your knowledge of business is zero, but here's a chance to show you know a billionaire in business. Tell him what you said about slashing margins to build sales and ask him why that's a very, very bad idea. If you can't get an answer with more business knowledge then you have, then you've shown yourself to be a liar. I'm not calling you a liar, I'm saying I don't know if you're lying or not. But I will shortly.

Last edited:
Nobody said 40 hours were guaranteed. But Obama is making sure they aren't even a possibility for many.

Do you think that the POTUS wants to harm people or do you think this may be an example of momentary discomfort to reach a better state for the American worker?

No, I think he's just a clueless numbskull who's knowledge of business and economics is zero. Couple that with his delusions of grandeur and epic narcissism... and this is what you get.

The sky is not falling chicken little. Read your history. You dont want to be on the wrong sided of this one.

Your knowledge of business is zero, but here's a chance to show you know a billionaire in business. Tell him what you said about slashing margins to build sales and ask him why that's a very, very bad idea. If you can't get an answer with more business knowledge then you have, then you've shown yourself to be a liar. I'm not calling you a liar, I'm saying I don't know if you're lying or not. But I will shortly.

I already said what some random poster may think of my truthfulness is not really of any concern to me. Are you familiar with how insurance works? Your post seems to indicate no. How do you think Walmart has become so huge and powerful? They did exactly what you think is a bad business practice.

Last edited:

I already said what some random poster may think of my truthfulness is not really of any concern to me. Are you familiar with how insurance works? Your post seems to indicate no. How do you think Walmart has become so huge and powerful? They did exactly what you think is a bad business practice.

OK, it's confirmed, you're a liar

I'm not trying to contradict what you are saying. I'm just saying youre wrong. People choose to do business in certain ways. You assertion that everything is going down the toilet because of higher taxes on business owners is ridiculous. There is a reason i only listen to wealthy business owners. You start buying peoples opinions you usually end up with their lifestyle

Just exactly what is your interest in supporting Obamacare? Expect to get it free off the backs of other taxpayers. do you?..Have a few relatives who are mooching off you and when Obamacare kicks in, you can finally get them the hell out of your house?
Or may be a couple boomerang kids you are sick of having gobble up a weeks worth of groceries by Tuesday of each week?
Either way, like I said, those who support Obamacare do so because they believe there is something in it for THEM..

My interest is in making sure people in our nation have health care. All of my family is employed or own businesses. it doesnt make sense that we didnt have this in place. Suck it up for the betterment of our nation. We can iron out the wrinkles as we go.

You wrote" nation have health care"... Again how many people do you think that WANT and NEED and are Legally able to but don't have health care?

Once again I must simplify this I think... 46 million was what Obama used to pass Obamacare.
YET do you understand the below FACTS???

1) Nearly 18 million of the uninsured lived in households with annual incomes above $50,000 -- over half of them (9.7 million) in households with incomes that exceed $75,000 annually.
They don't want nor need health insurance as they pay less then $1,000 out of pocket per year!
CRISIS OF THE UNINSURED: 2009
YET to pass ACA this number was fraudulently used to make up the 46 million!

Subtract from 46 million the 18 million and you get 28 million.

2) 14 million that say they are uninsured DON"T KNOW they are covered by Medicaid!
http://coverageforall.org/pdf/BC-BS_Uninsured-America.pdf
The Census never told them they qualified for Medicaid and so these 14 million are counted as uninsured.
Wrong. Subtract from 28 million the 14 million covered by Medicaid leaves 14 million
AGAIN did you know this? Do you think the "YES" voters knew this? Of course not obviously because if they would then they
would have come to the same conclusion I did... subtract 14 million from 28 million leaves 14 million!

3) But Obama counted 10 million in his "46 million" that WERE NOT citizens!!!
Income, Poverty and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2009 - Income & Wealth - Newsroom - U.S. Census Bureau
Subtract from 14 million the 10 million NOT citizens
leaves 4 million!

So all the billions of words about ACA,health care totally WASTED as there are less then 4 million that want and need health insurance!
For $20 billion a year they each get a $5,000 a year premium!

Where to get the $20 billion? Tax lawyers 10% of their $270 billion they get from causing the $850 billion a year in "defensive medicine that
90% of doctors attest they waste doing duplicate tests, etc.!!!

As hard as it is to believe, your posts are becoming dumber and dumberer. You are thoroughly ignorant regarding economics, capitalism, business, and the world in general.

Last month, leaders of three of the largest labor unions sent a scathing letter to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA),
warning that if the problems with the insurance program are not addressed,
the new health care law will “shatter not only our hard-earned health benefits,
but destroy the foundation of the 40-hour work week that is the backbone of the American middle class.”

Why Organized Labor Is Organizing Against Obamacare | The Fiscal Times

So why the name "Affordable Care Act" if there are no jobs that can "afford care"???

Oh, those lying scumbags a.k.a unions. Until they learned the obamacare will interfere with THEIR benefits they were not only perfectly fine with ruining the 40 hour week for Americans, they actually stood by that and helped obama be reelected - and prevented the repeal of this crap.

As hard as it is to believe, your posts are becoming dumber and dumberer. You are thoroughly ignorant regarding economics, capitalism, business, and the world in general.

And yet every insurance under the sun has taken this same progression. Life and auto started out expensive and went down. The smart companies that lowered the prices got all the customers and are billion dollar giants today. You simply are not thinking with your business cap.

Why should democrats care about the cost, their plan is to make evil rich republicans pay for it.

I wonder if those billionaires Asclepias claims to know are conservatives or libs..
If they are libs, of course asclepias will give them a hall pass.

And yet every insurance under the sun has taken this same progression. Life and auto started out expensive and went down. The smart companies that lowered the prices got all the customers and are billion dollar giants today. You simply are not thinking with your business cap.

Those other insurance offerings are in markets which foster COMPETITION and CHOICE...neither of which are part of ObamaCare's one size fits all with centralized price controls format.

But thanks for trying...albeit in a most feeble manner.

Actually I already have my medical taken care of. i think its the necrotic part of our society that wishes people to not have access to affordable health care that constantly live in fear something new is going to hurt them.

So who are the 'wishers'? Identify them!
Is there single person you can quote that has stated they wish others to have no health insurance?
Your argument is rapidly running out of gas because the utter vapidity of your posts is evident.

You for one. If this was a pressing issue why didnt you right leaning people already have a plan in place under Regan and Bush administrations?

It never was a pressing issue. Once again, the federal government ignored the laws of unintended consequences.
What they created was a thousand pages of new bureaucracy, utterly confusing regulations, 16,000 new IRS jobs and countless other new federal employees...PLUS, the law gives The Secretary of Health and Human Services absolute authority to do whatever she or he pleases.
Your side decided there was a crisis. And in keeping with the lib mantra, you ran wailing to government to hand you another taxpayer funded giveaway. You cheered like little school girls when it passed. Now you must live with the consequences. And you are now all pissed off because people are attempting to reverse the "King's" edict.

That was going to happen anyway with or without ACA. People dont seem to understand times are changing. Most business owners are only looking out for themselves and their shareholders. Just wait until all jobs become totally commision or partly commision based.

Oh bullshit. Stop with the lib talking points.
BTW, commission based wages are an incentive for people to find ways to give THEMSELVES a raise.
Of course libs and unionists abhor the concept of productivity.
You bitch about full time employment disappearing yet you concede the notion that it may happen anyway? Come again?

You assume way too much. I have no problem with it at all. I'm not bitching about full time employment disappearing. I own a business. I already saw this coming 7 years ago.
Nice try. That doesn't wash.
Look, if this what you want, write a check. Leave those who don't want this crap out out of it.

I think Barry is an illiterate in regards to business and economics, and a true believe in Big Government. His policies are utopian blather which cause a great deal of harm in the real world.

Interesting point of view. I thought we should strive to be as utopian as possible instead of the American worker continuing to get the shaft. I think after the dust has settled we will see a more informed American worker and lower healthcare costs.

Yes, full transparity along with warm, fuzzy snuggles.

Sure glad we passed it before we knew what was in it.

Last edited:

The problem YOU have NO knowledge of evidently is called Medical Liability RATIO!
And the reason you don't is obviously you have NO KNOWLEDGE of how insurance financing works!
The Average health insurance company pays the claims submitted to them.
80%!!! 80%!!! DO YOU READ THIS???
Is what the AVERAGE insurance company pays out in claims of ALL THE PREMIUMS PAID IN!!
Do you understand???
So competition is not the issue! If 80% goes out in claims that leaves 20%
4% is the average net profit BEFORE TAXES which means 16% for salaries,etc.!

So you tell me where the squeeze can be from some clever company as you suggest and ONE more issue!
Dummy it is called RESERVES!!! YOU have to be able to have the money to pay the claims so if there are NO profits,
no reserves...no company! "Smart company" does NOT exist with the current insurance regulations by STATES which control the
premiums and again if 80% of premiums go out in claims... smart ass... TELL ME WHERE IT WILL come from???

And suddenly the 'nuts are siding with big Labor, just so they can bash Obama again.

How utterly unsurprising.

You stupid fuck.
The Unions have figured out that our Half White President lied about this.
You are black, aren't you?

What country are you from, again? Why are you on an American msg board?

I'll ask you again moron, his "supporters" have figured what a shit law this is...why can't you?

Forum List

Back