Unions say Obama is destroying the foundation of the 40-hour work week

And yet every insurance under the sun has taken this same progression. Life and auto started out expensive and went down. The smart companies that lowered the prices got all the customers and are billion dollar giants today. You simply are not thinking with your business cap.

Lecturing those of us who actually put our lives and our bank accounts on the line every day that OMG, if we just went after volume and ignored profit we'd be like the Waltons. Nobody ever thought of that before, cutting prices will lead to endless revenue and wealth! Why didn't we think of that? How do you do it? You've just revolutionized the field of business. Damn, amazing.

I am curious though how you get your head through doorways. I do have your ballad for you though:

Somebody once told me the world is gonna owe me
I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed
She was looking kind of dumb with her finger and her thumb
In the shape of an "L" on her forehead...

"She" of course is boedicca, but she isn't the only one making an "L" on her forehead...

Last edited:
And yet NOT one of acknowledged the role of the medical liability ratio as it relates to the $850 billion a year in defensive medicine CLAIMS that insurance/medicare pays !

Do you people understand that health insurance companies are regulated by states they sell in.
These states approve premiums.
If a company comes in and says we need to raise premiums the regulators FIRST question is "What is your medical liability ratio"!
Because if as the majority of companies experience i.e. 80% of their premiums go out in claims, why would the states refuse
the premium increases? They wouldn't because they are smart enough to know that the reserves the companies have to pay
claims COME FROM Profits! Profits pay taxes! Profits become reserves!

So again health insurance companies will go out business because THAT's What Obama wants! He said he prefers single payer which means no more health insurance payers! Do you people understand that?
Why else did ACA raise the minimum medical liability ratio to 85%???? When it already was 80%?
To cut out profits. To cause companies to drop out of health insurance!
ealth insurers, however, are far from thrilled with the rebate program, according to Robert Zirkelbach, spokesman for America's Health Insurance Plans, an industry trade group.

"MLR is the absolute wrong way to get health care costs under control," he says. "Instead of focusing on what the data shows is the real driver of rising health insurance premiums, which is underlying medical costs, it is capping health plan administrative costs, which have been consistent for about the last decade."

Reform Brings More Health Insurance Rebates | Bankrate.com

And yet every insurance under the sun has taken this same progression. Life and auto started out expensive and went down. The smart companies that lowered the prices got all the customers and are billion dollar giants today. You simply are not thinking with your business cap.

Lecturing those of us who actually put our lives and our bank accounts on the line every day that OMG, if we just went after volume and ignored profit we'd be like the Waltons. Nobody ever thought of that before, cutting prices will lead to endless revenue and wealth! Why didn't we think of that? How do you do it? You've just revolutionized the field of business. Damn, amazing.

I am curious though how you get your head through doorways. I do have your ballad for you though:

"She" of course is boedicca, but she isn't the only one making an "L" on her forehead...

Typically those that get emotional in their refusal to accept change end up being losers. You can write ballads, make a play, or any number of things in my honor. At the end of the day everyone will adjust even the Chicken Littles until they find something new to be afraid of and scream the sky is falling. When you supposed business owners make it big please inform me of your success. My guess is that day will never come because you guys lack the vision to make it big time.

Last edited:

Typically those that get emotional in their refusal to accept change end up being losers. You can write ballads, make a play, or any number of things in my honor. At the end of the day everyone will adjust even the Chicken Littles until they find something new to be afraid of and scream the sky is falling. When you supposed business owners make it big please inform me of your success. My guess is that day will never come because you guys lack the vision to make it big time.

Can you shut your trap already? You are no challenge thus you are incapable of issuing challenges. The Chicken Little here is you. These aren't "supposed" business owners, they're real business owners. Your anecdotes are no match for their experiences.

My guess is that the day will come that when you try to start your own business, you'll see how wrong you are.

As much as I appreciate your concern for my feelings, honey, I have a wife, I don't need a girlfriend. If I do need a hug though you'll be the first to know. We can hold hands and cry deep into the night. Don't hold your breath. In the meantime, can you give manning up and not worrying about my emotional state a shot? I'd appreciate it, sweetie.

You've shown you have no business knowledge at all and you were caught in a lie about knowing a billionaire, but I'll give you one serious response and you can show you at least have some business acumen.

Let's say you run a business with a 20% net margin and you cut your prices by 5%. A 5% price cut isn't going to get customers breaking down your door. But you just cut your profit by 25%. To get profit back to where it was for that 5% cut, you need to grow revenue by 33%. Think about what a sand dune you're walking up. One could argue in my numbers that fixed costs probably wouldn't go up at the same rate, but I'd point out that to get that sort of sales increase, you're going to need a lot of marketing/sales costs. If you don't tell anyone, you won't get the sales.

Now let's analyze who your new customers are. People who only care about price. Someone undercuts your price by a nickle they are gone, they aren't loyal. And what have you trained your own customers to do? Only measure you on price. You trained your good customers to expect and measure you on discounts, not service and they will bitch and moan when you try to increase price again. You get what you reward.

The reality is that you're advocating a policy that companies follow as they are fighting death to bring cash in the door. Other than a few massive retailers, competing on price is a losing proposition. All business people know businesses who tried what you say, and we all know businesses that shut their doors afterward. Not many know businesses that made your model to just market on price work.

No...The days of "you will comply" type government are over.
The American people see this is a disaster and have drawn the proverbial line in the sand..
If ACA was so popular and only a small percentage of the people were opposed, there would have been ,no extension for small business. There would have been no availability of exemptions for certain businesses. The unions would be falling in line on this. There would be very little opposition among democrats...And NO ONE even members of Congress who would be exempt
This is change for the benefit of government and the detriment for those who cherish their individual right to attempt to achieve and succeed.
This is all about government control of 1/6th of the US economy and thereby controlling the people.
I suppose you would be fine with the federal government doing other things to control you such as mandating tracking devices in all automobiles under the guise of taxing us per mile driven? Even though we now know the government has given itself the ok to spy on all of us..Is this what you mean by "people will adjust"?
You are truly a scary individual. You appear to have this undying need to have government in your life. Your mommy and daddy. And you know what's best for all of us, huh?

As much as I appreciate your concern for my feelings, honey, I have a wife, I don't need a girlfriend. If I do need a hug though you'll be the first to know. We can hold hands and cry deep into the night. Don't hold your breath. In the meantime, can you give manning up and not worrying about my emotional state a shot? I'd appreciate it, sweetie.

You've shown you have no business knowledge at all and you were caught in a lie about knowing a billionaire, but I'll give you one serious response and you can show you at least have some business acumen.

Let's say you run a business with a 20% net margin and you cut your prices by 5%. A 5% price cut isn't going to get customers breaking down your door. But you just cut your profit by 25%. To get profit back to where it was for that 5% cut, you need to grow revenue by 33%. Think about what a sand dune you're walking up. One could argue in my numbers that fixed costs probably wouldn't go up at the same rate, but I'd point out that to get that sort of sales increase, you're going to need a lot of marketing/sales costs. If you don't tell anyone, you won't get the sales.

Now let's analyze who your new customers are. People who only care about price. Someone undercuts your price by a nickle they are gone, they aren't loyal. And what have you trained your own customers to do? Only measure you on price. You trained your good customers to expect and measure you on discounts, not service and they will bitch and moan when you try to increase price again. You get what you reward.

The reality is that you're advocating a policy that companies follow as they are fighting death to bring cash in the door. Other than a few massive retailers, competing on price is a losing proposition. All business people know businesses who tried what you say, and we all know businesses that shut their doors afterward. Not many know businesses that made your model to just market on price work.

I could have sworn you were a female! I dont want to hold hands or hug you either way. just try to not get so tempestuous when you are wrong. Its bad for your blood pressure. Like i said before. Your thoughts on my business acumen and who I know are not relevant to me. You dont dictate what I have to prove. If you dont like what I say then you are free to disregard. You dont know what you are talking about and its evident. The fact remains that every insurance has gone through the same progression and there is no reason to think this will be any different. Youre just crying because you dont want it to be OK. You need something to moan and complain about.

No...The days of "you will comply" type government are over.
The American people see this is a disaster and have drawn the proverbial line in the sand..
If ACA was so popular and only a small percentage of the people were opposed, there would have been ,no extension for small business. There would have been no availability of exemptions for certain businesses. The unions would be falling in line on this. There would be very little opposition among democrats...And NO ONE even members of Congress who would be exempt
This is change for the benefit of government and the detriment for those who cherish their individual right to attempt to achieve and succeed.
This is all about government control of 1/6th of the US economy and thereby controlling the people.
I suppose you would be fine with the federal government doing other things to control you such as mandating tracking devices in all automobiles under the guise of taxing us per mile driven? Even though we now know the government has given itself the ok to spy on all of us..Is this what you mean by "people will adjust"?
You are truly a scary individual. You appear to have this undying need to have government in your life. Your mommy and daddy. And you know what's best for all of us, huh?

You are really clueless if you think the government already doesn't have control. Do you realize that most of the population pays for the privilege of being tracked already anyway? Onstar, computers and our cell phones and whatever other devices we have are basically marketed to us and keep track of our movements and buying patterns. For all your hype and noise you dont get both parties maintain this status quo. Unless you have plans to overthrow the government stop crying. You never had a right to individual freedom. That was something they sold you on. You cant do whatever you want to do. Thats why they have prisons. If you want anarchy move to another country.

I could have sworn you were a female! I dont want to hold hands or hug you either way. just try to not get so tempestuous when you are wrong. Its bad for your blood pressure. Like i said before. Your thoughts on my business acumen and who I know are not relevant to me. You dont dictate what I have to prove. If you dont like what I say then you are free to disregard. You dont know what you are talking about and its evident. The fact remains that every insurance has gone through the same progression and there is no reason to think this will be any different. Youre just crying because you dont want it to be OK. You need something to moan and complain about.

Calm down, it's just a political discussion. I'm sorry I made you so upset. Seriously, if you get that angry you should stay off message boards.

You are really clueless if you think the government already doesn't have control. Do you realize that most of the population pays for the privilege of being tracked already anyway? Onstar, computers and our cell phones and whatever other devices we have are basically marketed to us and keep track of our movements and buying patterns. For all your hype and noise you dont get both parties maintain this status quo. Unless you have plans to overthrow the government stop crying. You never had a right to individual freedom. That was something they sold you on. You cant do whatever you want to do. Thats why they have prisons. If you want anarchy move to another country.

If you're this upset on Monday, you're not going to make it through the week. Seriously dude, calm down.

If you're this upset on Monday, you're not going to make it through the week. Seriously dude, calm down.

Hey the Niners lost. I have a right to be upset.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
Are you lying again, liar? Of course you are, it's what you do. It's ALL you do.

I'll give you a medal if you can participate in the discussion instead of tagging around after me with one liners. :lol:

Stop lying all the time and you'll be amazed at how much more seriously people take any discussion with you.

I hope you dont think thats the reason I post? You seem to be the only one that thinks what you say actually means something to someone. :lol:

I'll give you a medal if you can participate in the discussion instead of tagging around after me with one liners. :lol:

Stop lying all the time and you'll be amazed at how much more seriously people take any discussion with you.

I hope you dont [sic] think thats [sic] the reason I post?

You have made it perfectly clear that you are not interested in any serious, honest discussion. Or perhaps it's just that you are incapable of same.

Forum List

Back