🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Univ of Louisville "Core Values" #5: NO GUNS; Agree/Disagree?

Yeah, I suspect we'll get spanked pretty good this year by UL in FB. We got Stoops brother as the new head coach so we may turn it around and get back to some mediocre bowl games in a year or so! We should smoke UL in BB this year in Rupp. UK is loaded.

So is U of L. It is going to be interesting, for sure.

I was stationed at the embassy in Moscow when U of L faced KU for the first time in what? 50 years? I watched the game on the feed from trans Star.....I thought they were going to have to call out the National Guard!

Hey, I didn't grow up there, but I lived there for several years. STILL to this day, when they play "My Old Kentucky Home" at the Derby - I get choked up.......

That's UK not KU. But I get what you mean.

So is U of L. It is going to be interesting, for sure.

I was stationed at the embassy in Moscow when U of L faced KU for the first time in what? 50 years? I watched the game on the feed from trans Star.....I thought they were going to have to call out the National Guard!

Hey, I didn't grow up there, but I lived there for several years. STILL to this day, when they play "My Old Kentucky Home" at the Derby - I get choked up.......

Yeah, my bad...I was thinking about my Wife when I wrote that - she got her first degree from KU.....easy to get them mixed up. Both pretentious, self-righteous schools....:lol:

Yeah, my bad...I was thinking about my Wife when I wrote that - she got her first degree from KU.....easy to get them mixed up. Both pretentious, self-righteous schools....:lol:

:eusa_angel:

No guns for the law abiding = easy prey for criminals.
No way to soundly argue otherwise.

[

You completely ignored the point of my post to spew your useless blather, the same blather you spew every time a gun thread comes up.

I dont care about suicides. Accidents happen with everything. As for murders, most are done by career criminals who happen to have a weapon because they are criminals.

No, most murders are people who get into domestic arguments with spouses, family, neighbors, friends and that guy at the bar who insisted on wearing his Green Bay jacket at a Bears Bar.

There is no hoarde of criminals out there ready to rob you. If you are killed by a gun, it will most likely be by someone you know.

[

Which shows that laws such as this, as long as the facility is not truly secured are basically worthless and quite silly. The only people who would respect such a law are law abiding citizens. People with malice aforethought don't care that the gun they have on them is now illegal (if it wasnt already).

Gun free zones without a secure perimeter and armed security to back up said zone are basically meaningless.

Again, most gun deaths are not because of "Malice aforethought".

Most of the 31,000 gun deaths are

19,000 suicides
800 Accidents

11,000 murders, about 80% of them where the victim knows his killer.

If we were just talking about the murders committed by hardened criminals, we'd be talking about a very small number, compared to the number of otherwise blameless people who killed or died because there just happened to be a gun handy.

The suicide stat is meaningless.

Those people are not victims of a crime.

[

Which shows that laws such as this, as long as the facility is not truly secured are basically worthless and quite silly. The only people who would respect such a law are law abiding citizens. People with malice aforethought don't care that the gun they have on them is now illegal (if it wasnt already).

Gun free zones without a secure perimeter and armed security to back up said zone are basically meaningless.

19,000 suicides
800 Accidents

If we were just talking about the murders committed by hardened criminals, we'd be talking about a very small number, compared to the number of otherwise blameless people who killed or died because there just happened to be a gun handy.

Every police agency and court in the country will disagree with you. But you knew that. You did know that, right?

[

You completely ignored the point of my post to spew your useless blather, the same blather you spew every time a gun thread comes up.

I dont care about suicides. Accidents happen with everything. As for murders, most are done by career criminals who happen to have a weapon because they are criminals.

No, most murders are people who get into domestic arguments with spouses, family, neighbors, friends and that guy at the bar who insisted on wearing his Green Bay jacket at a Bears Bar.

There is no hoarde of criminals out there ready to rob you. If you are killed by a gun, it will most likely be by someone you know.

Show the numbers if you want to make a claim like that.

19,000 suicides
800 Accidents

Every police agency and court in the country will disagree with you. But you knew that. You did know that, right?

Suicide is not a crime attempted suicide is.

But then again I have yet to see anyone stand trial for attempting suicide.

[

The fact that it could happen is enough for me.

Until Joe blowhard can absolutely 100% guarantee that I or my wife will never be the victim of a violent crime I'll keep my gun.

Until Joe blowhard can absolutely 100% guarantee that I or my wife will never be the victim of a violent crime I'll keep my gun.

There are no guarantees in life. We do the best we can. Walking through life in abject fear is no way to live. And a gun is not going to take that fear away. If anything, it will make an incident that much more likely to occur. There are better coping mechanisms for paranoia than guns.

There are no guarantees in life. We do the best we can. Walking through life in abject fear is no way to live. And a gun is not going to take that fear away. If anything, it will make an incident that much more likely to occur. There are better coping mechanisms for paranoia than guns.

Then don't own one. Skull's gun is in no way affecting your life.

Gun control is ALL ABOUT fear. Fear of an inanimate metal tube that goes BANG!

Forum List

Back