🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Univ of Louisville "Core Values" #5: NO GUNS; Agree/Disagree?

It does not advocate against the 2nd Amendment. It advocates that thugs are not welcome. Or perhaps you can explain why a College Football player would need a gun in school, on the field or in the locker room.

Further most colleges it is illegal to have a firearm on campus.

HUH??

We have a right to life and to defend the same.

So what does being a thug or being in school has anything to do with it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Try teaching a group of college basketball players for a semester and you might figure it out.

Utah students hide guns, head to class

Yes, it really is. Always will be as long as UK resides in the state.

UK is Kentucky's land grant university, and always will be. And yes, it gets more state funding that U of L primarily because of that fact. The fact remains that U of L is growing faster, and is one of the only universities that has had two major national sports championships in the same academic year. UK has not done this. Stay tuned for this year.

I distinctly remember Joe B. Hall referring to U of L as those "Black Birds" and Adolph Rupp stating that "No ****** will EVER play for me". I went to Louisville in the "lean" years when they couldn't win a pie eating contest.

Things change UK.....you'd do well to realize that. :lol:

Hey, Rupp wasn't racist. He didn't recruit black players because he was fearful of the crowds in the SEC. I was at UK during Pitino's first year, transferred to Texas after a couple of years. I remember listening to Cawood call the game during the 78 championship. But, UL is still second best in Kentucky.....Lol!!

I beg your pardon?

Haha!! I enjoyed watching UK whip UL in the 2012 FF. Congrats on the title last year. Hurts to say it. Hope we meet in the NC this year.

I suspect you weren't so thrilled at seeing U of L whip Kentucky's arse in football and basketball last year, nor, I suspect, will you enjoy them doing it all over again this year. :eusa_angel:

Yeah, I suspect we'll get spanked pretty good this year by UL in FB. We got Stoops brother as the new head coach so we may turn it around and get back to some mediocre bowl games in a year or so! We should smoke UL in BB this year in Rupp. UK is loaded.

Haha!! I enjoyed watching UK whip UL in the 2012 FF. Congrats on the title last year. Hurts to say it. Hope we meet in the NC this year.

I suspect you weren't so thrilled at seeing U of L whip Kentucky's arse in football and basketball last year, nor, I suspect, will you enjoy them doing it all over again this year. :eusa_angel:

Yeah, I suspect we'll get spanked pretty good this year by UL in FB. We got Stoops brother as the new head coach so we may turn it around and get back to some mediocre bowl games in a year or so! We should smoke UL in BB this year in Rupp. UK is loaded.

So is U of L. It is going to be interesting, for sure.

UK is Kentucky's land grant university, and always will be. And yes, it gets more state funding that U of L primarily because of that fact. The fact remains that U of L is growing faster, and is one of the only universities that has had two major national sports championships in the same academic year. UK has not done this. Stay tuned for this year.

I distinctly remember Joe B. Hall referring to U of L as those "Black Birds" and Adolph Rupp stating that "No ****** will EVER play for me". I went to Louisville in the "lean" years when they couldn't win a pie eating contest.

Things change UK.....you'd do well to realize that. :lol:

Hey, Rupp wasn't racist. He didn't recruit black players because he was fearful of the crowds in the SEC. I was at UK during Pitino's first year, transferred to Texas after a couple of years. I remember listening to Cawood call the game during the 78 championship. But, UL is still second best in Kentucky.....Lol!!

Cawood Ledford.......Now THERE is a blast from the past!! :lol:

Talk about "problems" though.....My Wife received her BSN from KU....God!! Those people!!!

Last edited:

So is U of L. It is going to be interesting, for sure.

I was stationed at the embassy in Moscow when U of L faced KU for the first time in what? 50 years? I watched the game on the feed from trans Star.....I thought they were going to have to call out the National Guard!

Hey, I didn't grow up there, but I lived there for several years. STILL to this day, when they play "My Old Kentucky Home" at the Derby - I get choked up.......

Psychopathic mass shooters love gun free zones.

I'd carry anyway and no one would ever know.

And if the idiot administrators at that college think that students aren't getting high then they're too fucking stupid to be in charge of a college.

And you’d be subject to a concealed weapons charge if discovered, even with a CW license, as most, if not all, states prohibit carrying a concealed firearm on school property.

And if the idiot administrators at that college think that students aren't getting high then they're too fucking stupid to be in charge of a college.

And you’d be subject to a concealed weapons charge if discovered, even with a CW license, as most, if not all, states prohibit carrying a concealed firearm on school property.

Big If.

Which shows that laws such as this, as long as the facility is not truly secured are basically worthless and quite silly. The only people who would respect such a law are law abiding citizens. People with malice aforethought don't care that the gun they have on them is now illegal (if it wasnt already).

Gun free zones without a secure perimeter and armed security to back up said zone are basically meaningless.

[

Which shows that laws such as this, as long as the facility is not truly secured are basically worthless and quite silly. The only people who would respect such a law are law abiding citizens. People with malice aforethought don't care that the gun they have on them is now illegal (if it wasnt already).

Gun free zones without a secure perimeter and armed security to back up said zone are basically meaningless.

Again, most gun deaths are not because of "Malice aforethought".

Most of the 31,000 gun deaths are

19,000 suicides
800 Accidents

11,000 murders, about 80% of them where the victim knows his killer.

If we were just talking about the murders committed by hardened criminals, we'd be talking about a very small number, compared to the number of otherwise blameless people who killed or died because there just happened to be a gun handy.

[

Again, most gun deaths are not because of "Malice aforethought".

Most of the 31,000 gun deaths are

19,000 suicides
800 Accidents

11,000 murders, about 80% of them where the victim knows his killer.

If we were just talking about the murders committed by hardened criminals, we'd be talking about a very small number, compared to the number of otherwise blameless people who killed or died because there just happened to be a gun handy.

You completely ignored the point of my post to spew your useless blather, the same blather you spew every time a gun thread comes up.

I dont care about suicides. Accidents happen with everything. As for murders, most are done by career criminals who happen to have a weapon because they are criminals.

Like I said you'd never know if I was carrying.

And colleges are for the most part private institutions. The state cannot ban weapons only the college can.

Well actually, I think this is probably a very necessary thing. Let's talk this through for a second.

73% of African-Americans are born out of wedlock and have no father figure around. That means that although most do as good a job as they can, women are raising their children alone. Unfortunately, most of these kids also are raised on urban streets and probably do not get the same basic moral direction early on as most of us received. The things that they see on 'the streets' are not the same as what I saw when I was young. So at some point you have to tell these young men the obvious if they want to succeed.

You have to tell them that if they want to succeed, they should not steal, not do drugs and not carry guns. The reason for NOT carrying guns in a football setting is obvious and has very little to do with the 2nd Amendment. Those that they know who carried guns were probably associated with gangs and/or drugs. Gangs are stupid and if you're a black teenager with a gun, you're going to be automatically associated with those gangs/drugs.

I agree with the coach and his posting of the sign. A tragic sign of the times where young men are not afforded good role models early on.

[

I dont care about suicides.

Probably because you've never had one in your family.

Accidents happen with everything.

That makes gun accidents okay, then. :confused:

As for murders, most are done by career criminals who happen to have a weapon because they are criminals.

Actually, most murders are committed by people known to the victims, very often a family member or close friend.

Like I said you'd never know if I was carrying.

And colleges are for the most part private institutions. The state cannot ban weapons only the college can.

U of L is a state college. Next.

Probably because you've never had one in your family.

That makes gun accidents okay, then. :confused:

Actually, most murders are committed by people known to the victims, very often a family member or close friend.

I have had one, and I blame the suicide-ee for it, no one else. He didnt use a gun either, he hung himself.

It doesnt make them OK, what id DOES NOT do is give you a reason to prevent me from owning one.

Most crimes are committed by people with existing criminal records, against people with existing criminal records. Im not shocked that criminals know each other and turn on each other, you shouldnt be either.

Forum List

Back