Univ of Missouri forced to hire "diversity chief" at $235,000 a year

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
More waste paid for by the missouri taxpayers. Students should be studying useful subjects not courses in diversity!!

Mizzou will now require ‘diversity intensive’ courses for graduation

march 24 2016 Still reeling from last year’s student protests, the University of Missouri
took action this week on two more diversity demands, hiring a chief diversity officer and requiring students to complete diversity-themed courses.

The College of Arts and Science at Mizzou announced Wednesday that undergraduates will now have to complete three credit-hours of “diversity intensive” (DI) courses in order to graduate, saying the courses will focus on “understanding differing social groups” and “will explore at least one form of social inequality, broadly defined.”

The various diversity initiatives being pursued at Mizzou will be overseen by Kevin McDonald, who was appointed Wednesday to serve as the university’s first Chief Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer. McDonald, who previously served in a similar role at the Rochester Institution of Technology, will receive a starting salary of $235,000 to fill the position created in response to the demands of student protesters.

Ironically, they are no worse than a thousand other similar institutions. But honestly, what self respecting white man would have any interest in enrolling there? Maybe if you are a "legacy," or have a full boat...but to actually pay for it and spend 4 years there? Pull out my fingernails first.

A week or two back, Mizzou announced that enrollment had dropped like 20% since they caved to the protesters last year. This will just make things worse.

PC/Identity Politics has long been a profitable cottage industry, both politically and financially.

No parent that cares about their children's education is going to send their child to that hot mess

Colleges need to end all diversity courses and all african-american studies BS. In fact get rid of all these arts and humanities courses and teach STEM ONLY.

I am already diverse. I clean the kitchen, shower, snow from the drive, and do the laundry. That is when I am not cooking or sitting here doing nothing such as this. How much more diverse would "they" have me to be? Oh yes, and I also scratch the dogs ears!

HOWEVER.....I fully support this and all the Missouri protests. Why?

My favorite major college football team is the South Carolina Gamecocks....a rival of Missouri. And Missouri DID have great teams in 2013/2014...edging out the Gamecocks by 1 game for the SEC East title.

Then came the protests....and UM football tanked to dead last place in the SEC now.

Their long time coach Gary Pinkel...and great winner....RESIGNED haha!!! He said fuck this shit.

SO....carry on Mizzou!!! Get racial and social justice on campus!!! Major football recruits LOVE attending colleges in turmoil! ALL GREAT COACHES are just dying to move their family and career to a campus in social turmoil.

Yay!!

Forum List

Back