University of Missouri resigns amid racial tensions

Those brave football players risked their scholarships for a cause they believed in. They will see no monetary gain from this action but they risked great loss

It also highlights the great financial windfall the university gets from these unpaid players

Brave or not, they should all be EXPELLED from the University, with no trespass warnings issued, so if they set foot on the university property, they'll be immediately arrested. Same thing should go for the faculty members who walked off their job. Some people get fired from jobs just for being absent with good reason, let alone these guys not having any reason at all.

The students in their classes not being taught, should be the priority, not some delinquent jerks who treat education a bit too lightly. Also neglected here are those guys who would like to be on the football team and didn't get chosen, and who will treat the privilege with the respect it deserves. Likewise, are all the prospective teachers who would love to have those teaching jobs, and under the current circumstances, would properly remain in their classrooms teaching where they belong.

I suspect that many of the jackasses that were protesting were there on some kind of an affirmative action scholarship because of their race. Somebody else paying their bills.

That money should have been taken away from them so they could go collect welfare or flip burgers at McDonalds.

Those football players should have had their athletic scholarships taken away. That way they can have fun with a career selling crack on the streets of Ferguson.

And Soggy just played the race card himself.

No, I played the leftwing hypocrisy card Jokey Fakey.... You know damn well if the roles were reversed, we'd never hear the end of it. And no, I am not saying it was racial... it appears to be just stupidity.

Mob rule? Peaceful protest leading to positive change. It should make you proud to be an American Would you have been happier if they had resorted to second amendment remedies?

But they have little or nothing to protest. What should be protested is the discrimination against Whites in the university's AFFIRMATIVE ACTION programs.

And the far right reactionary race baiting continues.

You guys got your asses beat. End of story.

The racists were given too much of a free hand at Mizzou

Just a bunch of "good ole boys" having a good time. They don't mean no harm

The students were saying enough is enough and the administration answered in platitudes

Nothing excites a stupid Left Wing shithead like walking around with a placard accusing everybody of being racist and demanding "social justice".

Nothing excites a conservative as pretending racism does not exist as they scream ....Race Card! Race Card!

And nothing excites a liberal like actually playing the race card... sure beats substantive arguments I suppose.

Tell me, what have your heard about race regarding the two cops that shot the six year-old in Marksville? You know, the two black cops that shot the white child?

Yeah... crickets.

Actually, I never even knew their race before you brought it up....you fucking race baiter

That is the point dum dum.

They were not satisfied with the campus environment and they did something about it through peaceful protest

A fine example of the American way
I don't call DEMANDING resignations, to be "peaceful". Or teachers walking out on their students either. Only protest should be against racism against Whites in AFFIRMATIVE ACTION.

When I came home from Vietnam in 1970 and started college the mood of the campus was hostile to veterans. There was hate speech and organized hate rallies and typical Left Wing stupidity.

However, us veterans didn't whine and cry like little school girls about it. We didn't demand political correctness from the other students or the facility. We just sucked it up and went on to get our degrees and our start our careers and families.

Left Wingers are the biggest bunch of politically correct cry babies I have ever seen in my life. They are unable to ever achieve anything on their own merits and feel they to have their asses kissed by a sicko society in order to validate their worth. Scumbags!

This one? Yes.

The fight for equality and the end of white entitlement continues.

You're wrong. The blockheads who walked out only stirred up the water for new affirmative action battles, getting set to begin soon, with the end of Black entitlement revived once again.

This one? Yes.

The fight for equality and the end of white entitlement continues.

You're wrong. The blockheads who walked out only stirred up the water for new affirmative action battles, getting set to begin soon, with the end of Black entitlement revived once again.
Not at all. Your misperception is always why you get metaphorically knocked off your feet every single time, because your feet are not well planted for the struggle.

They were not satisfied with the campus environment and they dis something about it through peaceful protest

they held the university hostage using the threat of lost football revenue as bait.

Mob rule?

Peaceful protest leading to positive change
It should make you proud to be an American

Would you have been happier if they had resorted to second amendment remedies?

you do not know the difference between a peaceful protest and blackmail.

It was a peaceful protest until the football players decided to use their ability to create financial loss to the university to get their way.

Funny thing...they had no issue taking their free education from a university that had a reputation of racial biases.....but why look at that angle.

Those brave football players risked their scholarships for a cause they believed in. They will see no monetary gain from this action but they risked great loss

It also highlights the great financial windfall the university gets from these unpaid players and what the university truly values

They did not give a shit before the football players got involved
I don't disagree with you. The football players did what they believed they needed to do. I get it and I commend them for it. However, it is not necessarily the direction I may have gone. I believe in peaceful protests with numbers to create change.....not using pure strength without numbers to create change.

But once they did it, it was no longer a peaceful protest. It was strong arming and blackmail.
You can not call it peaceful protest.

They played the hand they had and won

Gutsy move and they weren't bluffing

They were not satisfied with the campus environment and they did something about it through peaceful protest

I don't call DEMANDING resignations, to be "peaceful". Or teachers walking out on their students either. Only protest should be against racism against Whites in AFFIRMATIVE ACTION.

Of course it is peaceful

It is a public university and they have every right to demand their employee resign. Do you actually understand what protest is?

they held the university hostage using the threat of lost football revenue as bait.

Mob rule?

Peaceful protest leading to positive change
It should make you proud to be an American

Would you have been happier if they had resorted to second amendment remedies?

you do not know the difference between a peaceful protest and blackmail.

It was a peaceful protest until the football players decided to use their ability to create financial loss to the university to get their way.

Funny thing...they had no issue taking their free education from a university that had a reputation of racial biases.....but why look at that angle.

It also highlights the great financial windfall the university gets from these unpaid players and what the university truly values

They did not give a shit before the football players got involved
I don't disagree with you. The football players did what they believed they needed to do. I get it and I commend them for it. However, it is not necessarily the direction I may have gone. I believe in peaceful protests with numbers to create change.....not using pure strength without numbers to create change.

But once they did it, it was no longer a peaceful protest. It was strong arming and blackmail.
You can not call it peaceful protest.

They played the hand they had and won

Gutsy move and they weren't bluffing
true. But that doesn't change the fact that you saw it as a peaceful protest when, in fact, it was nothing of the kind once they threatened to use the power given top them by the University to create financial loss to the University.

That is blackmail.

Who in their right mind would send their child to that stupid University?

They sure as hell can't get a good education with a cowardly politically correct Left leaning faculty.

The administration gave into a bunch of Black thugs so how safe can it be?

Who can be proud of a football team with a bunch of hate spewing shitheads on it?

Affirmative Action dilutes the value of a degree from there.

The Left has screwed up a great many things in this country. Our universities are at the top of that list.

[

Of course it is peaceful

It is a public university and they have every right to demand their employee resign. Do you actually understand what protest is?

Having the "right" to be a stupid jackass and being one are two different things Moon Bat.

of course, no one is addressing the fact that those "brave football players" made a commitment to the rest of their team and opted to have the rest of their team sacrifice their hard work for their own personal cause.

Of course it is peaceful

wrong. They did not simply demand their employee resign.

They made a threat against others if their employee did not resign.

Once you make a threat against others to get your way, it is no longer peaceful.

You are so jaded by ideology, you have lost sight of reality.

Forum List

Back