Unsealed Trump Search Warrant - Trump had classified Documents

Sure it was just like what Trump was doing keeping the documents locked up. Much better than a sock drawer.

Ok. Let’s be honest. In both cases I am and have been willing to believe the files were initially packed up by mistake. An error.

Check my history. I am always in favor of forgiving an honest mistake. I don’t care who commits the mistake. I’ll always lean towards forgiving an honest mistake.

One facet of that is trying to make it right if you make a mistake. For the sake of argument. Let’s say you have access to tools at work. Paid for by the company. You use a tool in the morning and put it in your jacket pocket. You take the jacket off as the day progresses and warms. At home you discover the tool in your pocket.

An honest mistake. You take it back the next day and no problem. You keep the tool and don’t return it. When asked the next day you deny everything.

We are human. We are going to make mistakes. Especially when we are rushed to accomplish something. It is how we deal with those mistakes.

If you watched the series From the Earth to the Moon you saw the story about how an engineer made a mistake. He waited there all night and told his boss first thing in the morning. He had spent hours checking his work over to figure out how the test had failed.

He told the truth.

Now. Biden’s people and Trump’s people reacted very differently to the documents. One group called the appropriate agencies and reported the discovery. They searched diligently to see if there were any more to be turned over.

Trump’s people denied, negotiated, obstructed, excused, and did everything they could to avoid finding or returning the documents.

The National Archives arrived and searched through documents. They were looking for specific things. They were permitted to find those specific documents. Treasured items like the letter from NK’s Kim about how much he admired Trump. While searching for those documents they found Top Secret and Secret stuff.

They notified the Trump reps and were told it was fine. Not to worry. They were looking into it.

Contrast that with Biden’s team. They found them, and called the FBI to take possession. No letters. No negotiation. No arguments about what was personal or whatever. No months of delay and obfuscation.

Ok. Let’s be honest. In both cases I am and have been willing to believe the files were initially packed up by mistake. An error.

Check my history. I am always in favor of forgiving an honest mistake. I don’t care who commits the mistake. I’ll always lean towards forgiving an honest mistake.

One facet of that is trying to make it right if you make a mistake. For the sake of argument. Let’s say you have access to tools at work. Paid for by the company. You use a tool in the morning and put it in your jacket pocket. You take the jacket off as the day progresses and warms. At home you discover the tool in your pocket.

An honest mistake. You take it back the next day and no problem. You keep the tool and don’t return it. When asked the next day you deny everything.

We are human. We are going to make mistakes. Especially when we are rushed to accomplish something. It is how we deal with those mistakes.

If you watched the series From the Earth to the Moon you saw the story about how an engineer made a mistake. He waited there all night and told his boss first thing in the morning. He had spent hours checking his work over to figure out how the test had failed.

He told the truth.

Now. Biden’s people and Trump’s people reacted very differently to the documents. One group called the appropriate agencies and reported the discovery. They searched diligently to see if there were any more to be turned over.

Trump’s people denied, negotiated, obstructed, excused, and did everything they could to avoid finding or returning the documents.

The National Archives arrived and searched through documents. They were looking for specific things. They were permitted to find those specific documents. Treasured items like the letter from NK’s Kim about how much he admired Trump. While searching for those documents they found Top Secret and Secret stuff.

They notified the Trump reps and were told it was fine. Not to worry. They were looking into it.

Contrast that with Biden’s team. They found them, and called the FBI to take possession. No letters. No negotiation. No arguments about what was personal or whatever. No months of delay and obfuscation.
There is no comparison. Biden was VICE president with no authority to have the documents in his private home.

He told the truth.

This is not your car keys, but classified documents. There is a huge difference. One can result in a prison term, and the other is a minor inconvenience.

This is not your car keys, but classified documents. There is a huge difference. One can result in a prison term, and the other is a minor inconvenience.

True. But how much trouble you are in depends on intent and what you do with the discovery of the error.

The most probable situation for both events is that staffers, rushed at the end of the administrations, swept the files up and tucked them into boxes. The boxes were transported to their final destinations and essentially forgotten.

There was no intent to take them in other words. It was a screw up by people who were in a hurry to finish before the deadline.

Yes. It is still wrong. Yes. It is a violation of the laws. However prosecution for a fuck up would be difficult. Go back and read my previous posts. Most of my reply’s have been about the idiotic excuses given by the slobbering fanboys. Things like the automatic declassification excuse. Or the Hillary email false comparison.

Most of the time. A mistake results in severe penalties only when you lie to try and cover it up. Yes you can get in some trouble, but you will be in far more trouble for lying about it.

Obstruction as one example. It is something that I’ve commented on before in threads with you. Why cops would risk perjury charges to get a guy for some misdemeanor drug charge. If it works out the guy gets a few months in jail. If the cop gets caught lying he risks years in prison.

Lying always makes it worse. Attempting to cover it ip always makes it worse.

Now which path would you suggest for your children? The path of honesty or the path of lies? They fucked up. A normal and perfectly human event. Lie and risk doubling the penalties? Or tell the truth and hope that you’ll get a slap on the wrist?

I asked what authority a FORMER President has.
A president has the authority to classify or declassify anything he chooses. There is no comparison between what happened with Trump and Biden. You want to know what authority a president has it's, precedence and written down in law.

A president has the authority to classify or declassify anything he chooses. There is no comparison between what happened with Trump and Biden. You want to know what authority a president has it's, precedence and written down in law.

Ah. I see. You are embracing the automatic declassification idiocy.

Help me out. If the President sends classified files for you to read. Is it now authorized for you to possess them?

But yes you are right. The President can declassify anything. But he has to tell someone. And Trump didn’t. In fact when the Special Master asked about this automatic declassification the response was telling. Trump said nothing. He instead objected that the Special Master he requested was asking questions.

Now in both cases the most likely scenario has to do with staffers grabbing the files and boxing them up while doing cleanup at the end of the administration. A screw up. A mistake. The question of character comes in when the mistake is discovered.

Ah. I see. You are embracing the automatic declassification idiocy.

Help me out. If the President sends classified files for you to read. Is it now authorized for you to possess them?

But yes you are right. The President can declassify anything. But he has to tell someone. And Trump didn’t. In fact when the Special Master asked about this automatic declassification the response was telling. Trump said nothing. He instead objected that the Special Master he requested was asking questions.

Now in both cases the most likely scenario has to do with staffers grabbing the files and boxing them up while doing cleanup at the end of the administration. A screw up. A mistake. The question of character comes in when the mistake is discovered.
You're just embracing your stupidity grab hold it's very deep. Obama claimed he had a phone and a pen

He told the truth.

Wow, that’s some fantasy right there….

Forum List

Back