UPDATE: Christian business sues Michigan city for banning them from Farmers Market for opposing.....

But their business practices discrimination. What complaints can they have ?

They haven't refused to serve anyone you goddamn fool. You can't ban someone for thoughts, that's soooooo 1984
Sorry, my mistake. I thought they had stated that they would not host Gay weddings.

Wouldn't matter, the city has no jurisdiction over his farm.

The city set themselves up for a fall
I dont think they are telling him what to do on his farm.
Really?

"We're not going to let you sell your produce at the Farmers Market, because you won't host Gay Marriages on your farm"

Sure sounds like they're trying to tell them what to do on their farm.

My question is why would gays want to be hitched on his farm? He's made his beliefs known....unless they just want to create a stink.

Good for them hope they win, nobody should have the right to blackmail someone else. Under Obama that would be fine. Hopefully they sue the crap out of them and win and win big!

Thanks for providing update. I wish them luck for I too see the city's action as punitive for something totally unrelated to the city and to its Farmers Market. Although later I'll probably try to find Michigan City's side of the argument since I'm not totally trusting of any media not to paint things to best suit their intended audience.
I'm particularly skeptical of a site called "End Times" and put forth by MindWars, who loves to sensationalize things as much as humanly possible. However, you never know what a town will try.

But their business practices discrimination. What complaints can they have ?

They haven't refused to serve anyone you goddamn fool. You can't ban someone for thoughts, that's soooooo 1984
Sorry, my mistake. I thought they had stated that they would not host Gay weddings.

Really?

"We're not going to let you sell your produce at the Farmers Market, because you won't host Gay Marriages on your farm"

Not at all. They do not meet civilised standards of behaviour as enshrined in the Cities laws.That is why they are not welcome in a civilised environment.

"Contrary to this policy and the constitutionally protected rights of all couples, The Country Mill has advertised that their business practice is to prohibit same-sex couples from holding weddings at their orchard in Charlotte, Michigan," stated the city, as reported by Michigan Radio.

"Their business practices violate the City of East Lansing's long-standing ordinance that protects sexual orientation as well as the Supreme Court's ruling that grants the right for same-sex couples to be married.

Read more at Christian Business Sues Michigan City for Banning Them From Farmers' Market for Opposing Same-Sex Marriage

They are free to carry on with their bigotry as far as I can see.

Really?

Not at all. They do not meet civilised standards of behaviour as enshrined in the Cities laws.That is why they are not welcome in a civilised environment.

"Contrary to this policy and the constitutionally protected rights of all couples, The Country Mill has advertised that their business practice is to prohibit same-sex couples from holding weddings at their orchard in Charlotte, Michigan," stated the city, as reported by Michigan Radio.

"Their business practices violate the City of East Lansing's long-standing ordinance that protects sexual orientation as well as the Supreme Court's ruling that grants the right for same-sex couples to be married.

Read more at Christian Business Sues Michigan City for Banning Them From Farmers' Market for Opposing Same-Sex Marriage

The city is over reaching, a good law firm is going to crucify them

Really?

and, you missed the point.

try reading it again

Really?

Good for them hope they win, nobody should have the right to blackmail someone else. Under Obama that would be fine. Hopefully they sue the crap out of them and win and win big!

Thanks for providing update. I wish them luck for I too see the city's action as punitive for something totally unrelated to the city and to its Farmers Market. Although later I'll probably try to find Michigan City's side of the argument since I'm not totally trusting of any media not to paint things to best suit their intended audience.
I'm particularly skeptical of a site called "End Times" and put forth by MindWars, who loves to sensationalize things as much as humanly possible. However, you never know what a town will try.

It's on other sites as well and Fox had a piece on it also

Sad that in 2017, some conservatives in the U.S. insist on behaving like their religious 3rd world counterparts in the Middle East.
sad that in 2017, some still don't understand Freedom of Religion.

Sad that in 2017, some people believe that their religion encourages them to pass judgment on others and not treat them as equals.

everyone passes judgment on someone, or something.

Just as you are passing judgment on these farmers

Really?

try reading it again

Really?

What point have I missed. As far as i can see the city have told them that their bigotry makes them unwelcome. It is their decision to continue with their bigotry or not.

Essentially their standpoint is this.

Russian food store chain says 'f*ggots not welcome'

Really?

try reading it again

Really?

What point have I missed. As far as i can see the city have told them that their bigotry makes them unwelcome. It is their decision to continue with their bigotry or not.

200.gif

Really?

try reading it again

Really?

200.gif
Lol, you are missing the point.

Really?

try reading it again

Really?

The Russian store is a business and the farm is private property. The farm and it's wedding facility has nothing to do with the Farmers Market. Those farmers are going to be rich from a settlement and won't have to sell any more beans and taters.

Really?

try reading it again

Really?

200.gif

emot60.gif

Really?

try reading it again

Really?

200.gif

No, you are.

They are being forced to comply.

this is NOT Russia,

this is NOT the Borg.

th

Really?

try reading it again

Really?

The Russian store is a business and the farm is private property. The farm and it's wedding facility has nothing to do with the Farmers Market. Those farmers are going to be rich from a settlement and won't have to sell any more beans and taters.

The city has no jurisdiction over the farm, the farmer hasn't refused to serve anyone at the market....this is a lawyer's dream

Yeah thanks to laws we've made and enforced. Once upon a time, people were burning "witches" alive because their religion demanded it.
Once upon a time, people were burning "witches" alive because their religion demanded it.

One, the rest were hanged or stoned.

and, as you stated, "Once upon a time"

and how long ago was that?
Long ago. But there are still people here demanding the right to punish others because their religion demands it. 1 or 2 more generations should see the end of that in the U.S. at least.

Who's being punished?

The farmers, for not being allowed to sell their produce?

The baker being fined for NOT baking a cake?

etc etc
Burn someone at the stake because you claim your religion demands it? You get punished. Illegally refuse service to people who have never harmed you but you claim your religion demands it? You get punished.
Who is burning people at the stake? I don't approve of that but I am waiting to see if ISIS succeeds in teaching fags how to fly.
BLack flag is obviously hopeful that ISIS will bring fag flying training to the USA soon.

Along with Christian burning.

One, the rest were hanged or stoned.

and, as you stated, "Once upon a time"

and how long ago was that?
Long ago. But there are still people here demanding the right to punish others because their religion demands it. 1 or 2 more generations should see the end of that in the U.S. at least.

Who's being punished?

The farmers, for not being allowed to sell their produce?

The baker being fined for NOT baking a cake?

etc etc
Burn someone at the stake because you claim your religion demands it? You get punished. Illegally refuse service to people who have never harmed you but you claim your religion demands it? You get punished.
Who is burning people at the stake? I don't approve of that but I am waiting to see if ISIS succeeds in teaching fags how to fly.
BLack flag is obviously hopeful that ISIS will bring fag flying training to the USA soon.

Along with Christian burning.
Hey religious nutjob, do you realize that the fellow nutjob you were replying to, Hossfly, just admitted to being amused by ISIS murdering people by throwing them off of roofs?

That's what happens when religious madness isn't kept in check.

try reading it again

Really?

200.gif

No, you are.

this is NOT Russia,

this is NOT the Borg.

th
Show me where the City is telling them what to do.

try reading it again

200.gif

No, you are.

this is NOT Russia,

this is NOT the Borg.

th

Do you think, (CAN you think) that if the farmers were to allow gays to get married on their farm, the city would allow them to sell their produce at the Farm Market?

200.gif

No, you are.

this is NOT Russia,

this is NOT the Borg.

th

Do you think, (CAN you think) that if the farmers were to allow gays to get married on their farm, the city would allow them to sell their produce at the Farm Market?
I think if they stopped discriminating then there would not be a problem. Its their choice isnt it ?

TBH Will the more I read into this the more outrageous this wanker seems.

“The government shouldn’t treat some people worse than others simply because they don’t agree with their thoughts or their ideas,” the farmer concluded.

Soooooo, he is allowed to discriminate against people but society is not allowed to call him out on it. What a load of crap.

Heres the thing. If you want to be a part of a community then be a part of that community.

Forum List

Back