UPDATE: Christian business sues Michigan city for banning them from Farmers Market for opposing.....

The government should never force individuals to surrender their religious beliefs or their expression of those beliefs.
Policies like East Lansing’s are unconstitutional and limit the right of people to freely live out their faith and even explain their religious views. At Alliance Defending Freedom, we are challenging these types of laws in Arizona, Colorado, Minnesota, and Wisconsin because the doors for the Gospel of Jesus Christ must remain open.

To stay up to date on the latest in this case and others like it, sign up for our newsletter.

Michigan City Targets the Viewpoints of Family-Owned Orchard
So, this is nothing more than a spam thread promoting your private groups of religious fanatics.
Who are you blowing on the USMB staff to allow you to spam the way you so often do?
Why enter into the thread if it offends you? Put them on ignore as others like what they post and obviously ignore what you post.

Moron, the suit is about doing business at a city market...where they have refused service to no one.
But their business practices discrimination. What complaints can they have ?

They haven't refused to serve anyone you goddamn fool. You can't ban someone for thoughts, that's soooooo 1984
Sorry, my mistake. I thought they had stated that they would not host Gay weddings.

Wouldn't matter, the city has no jurisdiction over his farm.

The city set themselves up for a fall
Do they have jurisdiction over their own market?
No as it is a "PUBLIC VENUE". So get your signs and fruit out and make your self a lil' booth to sell your wares their.

What point have I missed. As far as i can see the city have told them that their bigotry makes them unwelcome. It is their decision to continue with their bigotry or not.

Essentially their standpoint is this.

Russian food store chain says 'f*ggots not welcome'
200.gif
Lol, you are missing the point.

No, you are.

They are being forced to comply.

this is NOT Russia,

this is NOT the Borg.

th
Show me where the City is telling them what to do.

Do you think, (CAN you think) that if the farmers were to allow gays to get married on their farm, the city would allow them to sell their produce at the Farm Market?
So you acknowledge that it's all their choice.

Gay advocates have been successful in punishing thought so far. Aside from these farmers there was Memories Pizza, Chick Fil A and Brendan Eichs of Mozilla. I'm sure there were others, important only to themselves and their families.
No one is punishing thought. Anti-discrimination laws and ordinances are being enforced. All the people you mention are free to discriminate and think the way they want, they just can't make profits from a licensed commercial operation while they do so.

No, you are.

this is NOT Russia,

this is NOT the Borg.

th

Do you think, (CAN you think) that if the farmers were to allow gays to get married on their farm, the city would allow them to sell their produce at the Farm Market?

It's a choice?

Do it our way or else is a 'choice'?

Gay advocates have been successful in punishing thought so far. Aside from these farmers there was Memories Pizza, Chick Fil A and Brendan Eichs of Mozilla. I'm sure there were others, important only to themselves and their families.
No one is punishing thought. Anti-discrimination laws and ordinances are being enforced. All the people you mention are free to discriminate and think the way they want, they just can't make profits from a licensed commercial operation while they do so.
GFY, your self as you do not own the right to over rule others rights.

Lol, you are missing the point.

No, you are.

this is NOT Russia,

this is NOT the Borg.

th

It's a choice?

Do it our way or else is a 'choice'?
No that is called extortion under the color of law.

What ? Like the right to discriminate against people whose lifestyle you dont like ? You Guys take the biscuit.

The government should never force individuals to surrender their religious beliefs or their expression of those beliefs.
Policies like East Lansing’s are unconstitutional and limit the right of people to freely live out their faith and even explain their religious views. At Alliance Defending Freedom, we are challenging these types of laws in Arizona, Colorado, Minnesota, and Wisconsin because the doors for the Gospel of Jesus Christ must remain open.

To stay up to date on the latest in this case and others like it, sign up for our newsletter.

So, this is nothing more than a spam thread promoting your private groups of religious fanatics.
Who are you blowing on the USMB staff to allow you to spam the way you so often do?

you must be as educated as a horses asshole

Definition of spam
  1. : unsolicited usually commercial e-mail sent to a large number of addresses
Does it look like I posted email you --------------------t .

What ? Like the right to discriminate against people whose lifestyle you dont like ? You Guys take the biscuit.
Like the right to discriminate against people whose lifestyle you dont like ?

and you don't see the irony?

Businesses do not have a right to discriminate.

Your rights to not overcome my right to discriminate as to who I will allow on my private property. Don't buy from the farmer at the open market if you do not like their personal views. <You have that right but you do not have the right to police thoughts and personal opinions.

Businesses do not have a right to discriminate.
Your lost. I discriminate against a lot of people whom I wouldn't work for. A privately owned entity is not a public owned venue.

There is no irony Will. The farmers kicked this off with their hateful stance. They need to join civilised society.

No one was discriminated against. Not for any reason. None.

They can think the way they want. They just can't make profits from a licensed commercial operation while they do so.

That's what you mean. The operators of licensed commercial operations cannot think the way they want if they are to stay in business. The minute unapproved thoughts are discovered they should be out of business.

This takes even 1984 to a whole new level. These farmers will win their case against the city. Thoughts are not yet criminal.

There is no irony Will. The farmers kicked this off with their hateful stance. They need to join civilised society.

Like I stated, you don't see the irony.

No they own property and that isn't publicly owned. You are in error.

Your rights to not overcome my right to discriminate as to who I will allow on my private property. Don't buy from the farmer at the open market if you do not like their personal views. <You have that right but you do not have the right to police thoughts and personal opinions.
Its a public place of business.

Fuck you ass hole , in order to show where information comes from just like when you CITE A CASE you have to show where the information came from.

now go run up your MODS ass..................
You specifically referred and solicted signing up for "our" newsletter, meaning you are directly associated with the entity you are soliciting.

Its a public place of business.
Their farm is private property. The city market is a public venue. Evidently you are too daft to comprehend the differences between the two.

Forum List

Back