UPDATE: Christian business sues Michigan city for banning them from Farmers Market for opposing.....

Good for them hope they win, nobody should have the right to blackmail someone else. Under Obama that would be fine. Hopefully they sue the crap out of them and win and win big!

Thanks for providing update. I wish them luck for I too see the city's action as punitive for something totally unrelated to the city and to its Farmers Market. Although later I'll probably try to find Michigan City's side of the argument since I'm not totally trusting of any media not to paint things to best suit their intended audience.

Aspects of it, yes.

But, nice deflection.

the people at the farm market aren't, as far as I know, forcing people to follow their religion on pain of death.
Yeah thanks to laws we've made and enforced. Once upon a time, people were burning "witches" alive because their religion demanded it.
Once upon a time, people were burning "witches" alive because their religion demanded it.

One, the rest were hanged or stoned.

and, as you stated, "Once upon a time"

and how long ago was that?

No long ago in the ME, remember the guy in the cage? Oh wait...christians didn't do that
"We're not as bad as the worst religious lunatics in the Middle East." What the hell kind of argument is that?

You leftist islamapologists need to be reminded now and again
^ says a person wanting to expand Freedom of Religion for Muslim in the U.S. :rolleyes:

Aspects of it, yes.

But, nice deflection.

the people at the farm market aren't, as far as I know, forcing people to follow their religion on pain of death.
Yeah thanks to laws we've made and enforced. Once upon a time, people were burning "witches" alive because their religion demanded it.
Once upon a time, people were burning "witches" alive because their religion demanded it.

Long ago. But there are still people here demanding the right to punish others because their religion demands it. 1 or 2 more generations should see the end of that in the U.S. at least.

Who's being punished?

The farmers, for not being allowed to sell their produce?

The baker being fined for NOT baking a cake?

etc etc
Burn someone at the stake because you claim your religion demands it? You get punished. Illegally refuse service to people who have never harmed you but you claim your religion demands it? You get punished.
Who is burning people at the stake? I don't approve of that but I am waiting to see if ISIS succeeds in teaching fags how to fly.

Aspects of it, yes.

But, nice deflection.

Long ago. But there are still people here demanding the right to punish others because their religion demands it. 1 or 2 more generations should see the end of that in the U.S. at least.

Who's being punished?

etc etc
Burn someone at the stake because you claim your religion demands it? You get punished. Illegally refuse service to people who have never harmed you but you claim your religion demands it? You get punished.
Burn someone at the stake because you claim your religion demands it?
What century are you living in?

Who's being punished?

etc etc
Who is burning people at the stake? I don't approve of that but I am waiting to see if ISIS succeeds in teaching fags how to fly.
I bet you are. That's why there are laws limiting your "religious freedoms."

Who's being punished?

etc etc
21st. Feel free to join it sometime.

Who's being punished?

etc etc

"21st."

Then why are you bringing up crap that happened over 200 years ago?

you're as into the 21st century as disco.

Who's being punished?

etc etc

"21st."

Because you don't understand the foundation of the conversation.

So they want to ban gays from their property because of their prejudices but have a problem with being banned themselves by people who hold a different standpoint ? Tidy.

Who's being punished?

etc etc
I bet you are. That's why there are laws limiting your "religious freedoms."
What laws. List 'em.

Who's being punished?

etc etc

"21st."

Because you don't understand the foundation of the conversation.

You're bringing up things that MAY have happened in this country over 200 years ago.

Burning witches?

I remember reading that 19 witches were hung, one was stoned, but NONE were burned, as far as the Salem witch trials are concerned.

why not based your argument on the horse and buggy?

has as much to do with this conversation as burning witches.

So they want to ban gays from their property because of their prejudices but have a problem with being banned themselves by people who hold a different standpoint ? Tidy.

Moron, the suit is about doing business at a city market...where they have refused service to no one.
But their business practices discrimination. What complaints can they have ?

Moron, the suit is about doing business at a city market...where they have refused service to no one.

They haven't refused to serve anyone you goddamn fool. You can't ban someone for thoughts, that's soooooo 1984

They haven't refused to serve anyone you goddamn fool. You can't ban someone for thoughts, that's soooooo 1984
Sorry, my mistake. I thought they had stated that they would not host Gay weddings.

Sorry, my mistake. I thought they had stated that they would not host Gay weddings.

Wouldn't matter, the city has no jurisdiction over his farm.

The city set themselves up for a fall

I dont think they are telling him what to do on his farm.

Really?

"We're not going to let you sell your produce at the Farmers Market, because you won't host Gay Marriages on your farm"

Sure sounds like they're trying to tell them what to do on their farm.

And you can't figure out where your indoctrinations come from

Public Schools Teaching Kids That Terrorism Is Christianity’s Fault!

Public Schools Teaching Kids That Terrorism Is Christianity’s Fault!

Forum List

Back