Update on US-Chinese trade war from a sane angle

China is hurting from the tariffs, parts of Europe may already be in recession, the US consumer is the strongest economic force on the planet at the moment, and we are all paying more for most of what we buy because of the tariffs. You may as well spend it because you can’t get a decent return buying a bond.

News this morning is China wants to meet us half way ,,,,and also say they will retaliate if tariffs come into play in Sept

News this morning is China wants to meet us half way ,,,,and also say they will retaliate if tariffs come into play in Sept
Meet halfway means whatever China says.
I'm 100% for Trump, Navarro, and Lighthizer requiring a fair trade deal, even if China kicks and screams.
China has had its way for way too long.
Even Nancy & Chuck want Trump to bring China to heel.

I'm 100% for Trump, Navarro, and Lighthizer requiring a fair trade deal, even if China kicks and screams.
How much pain are you willing to take? China will take more Trump will fight to the last drop of your blood

Interesting that when Biden was VP, he and his son Hunter went to deal with China, and Hunter came away with $millions.....

But Trump is immune to the bribes.

"The troubling reason why Biden is so soft on China
In 2013, then-Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden flew aboard Air Force Two to China. Less than two weeks later, Hunter Biden’s firm inked a $1 billion private equity deal with a subsidiary of the Chinese government’s Bank of China. The deal was later expanded to $1.5 billion. In short, the Chinese government funded a business that it co-owned along with the son of a sitting vice president."
https://nypost.com/2019/05/11/the-troubling-reason-why-biden-is-so-soft-on-china/

Sounds a lot like the $145 million Putin gave the Clintons.

China can destroy billions of dollars in US equities’ values with a single statement. As long as this tariff/currency war continues we will have very high volatility.

How much pain are you willing to take? China will take more Trump will fight to the last drop of your blood

I can take more pain than China. I'm a consumer, I can buy American and be happy. Companies and factories are moving out of China. The Hong Kong protests will force China to show their brutal true colors. China is up to its ass in alligators, so all Trump needs to do is keep raising tariffs until China says "uncle". China is hoping 2020 turns out better for them than 2016. Why are Chuck and Nancy cheering Trump on regarding China? They know that China is eating our lunch.

NY Times:
Markets stabilize after a day of turmoil

Stocks in Asia and Europe were mixed today, and futures markets suggested Wall Street would open higher after one of its worst days of the year.
The financial jitters were driven by grim economic data from China and Germany, two manufacturing powerhouses that have been hit hard by U.S. tariffs.

Sounds as if China is hurting from the tariffs, though.
we both are. this near as i can tell is what happens in a "trade war". what i am not sure if is how far "behind" we were with the chinese or what trump was hoping to change "specifically" by starting this "war" vs. talking through issues.

China can destroy billions of dollars in US equities' values with a single statement. As long as this tariff/currency war continues we will have very high volatility.
In a $14T US economy China's influence is minimal. The US consumer rules the roost. Do you think Santa will not deliver this Xmas? The US economy is a juggernaut even if it slows to below 2% growth. We're at full employment, the Fed is lowering rates, sure we have volatility, but most investors ignore volatility and focus on the long term growth. We're in the longest expansion in history, so a short recession isn't a bad thing, look at the dip the Fed caused last December, no big deal.

smoke and mirrors on the Chinese side...they come to negotiate and than, once everything is ready to sign, pull back and ramp up anti-American rethoric....pathetic....the only nuclear option, China has, is the "rare earth minerals" card...yet, if people belief that those minerals are rare, they're mistaken...the mining of those is quite dangerous and cost intensive and that has lead to a "dump" of mining responsibilities on China and since they don't care about worlers or environmental safety, they were able to scoop up a big portion of the market...the US used to be the biggest producers of such minerals and could be that (like Japan in the video) again no problems

we both are. this near as i can tell is what happens in a "trade war". what i am not sure if is how far "behind" we were with the chinese or what trump was hoping to change "specifically" by starting this "war" vs. talking through issues.
There is no "talking through the issue" with china...China is a hyper nationalistic, racist nation who gives a shit about the rest of the world...they have their agenda and no concerne for you, your dog or community whatsoever. And don't forget: it is a communist dictatorship and everything is tied into the party, so don't look for a change of course or democratic debate whitin China....hell, they let their own people die

Inside China's 'cancer villages'

Remember that girl on youtube (Chinese version of course) who sang the Chinese anthem in a squeecky voice (cause...well, that's just her voice when singing)...the one that was arrested for that?

Chinese online star detained after 'insulting' national anthem | Daily Mail Online

are those the people, you want to support with your money?

There is no "talking through the issue" with china...China is a hyper nationalistic, racist nation who gives a shit about the rest of the world...they have their agenda and no concerne for you, your dog or community whatsoever. And don't forget: it is a communist dictatorship and everything is tied into the party, so don't look for a change of course or democratic debate whitin China....hell, they let their own people die

Inside China's 'cancer villages'

Remember that girl on youtube (Chinese version of course) who sang the Chinese anthem in a squeecky voice (cause...well, that's just her voice when singing)...the one that was arrested for that?

Chinese online star detained after 'insulting' national anthem | Daily Mail Online

are those the people, you want to support with your money?
feel free to tell me how you can get around buying anything from china.

Could you tell me first, how come that you people always think in extremes? so, from extreme trade deficit you propse going to no trade at all, right?

See, reality doesn't work like that way...all President Trump is after, is a balanced trade and that can be achieved....if China drops it's world domination plans and realizes that the up-to-know practiced business model isn't sustainable..China has a problem with that of course....how would you feel after 30 years of ongoing boom?

They feel at the moment like the Japanese in the mid 90s..until they were broken when the US demanded that they stop manipulating their currency...ironically, they had a huge housing bubble going as well....just like the Chinese

Could you tell me first, how come that you people always think in extremes? so, from extreme trade deficit you propse going to no trade at all, right?

See, reality doesn't work like that way...all President Trump is after, is a balanced trade and that can be achieved....if China drops it's world domination plans and realizes that the up-to-know practiced business model isn't sustainable..China has a problem with that of course....how would you feel after 30 years of ongoing boom?

They feel at the moment like the Japanese in the mid 90s..until they were broken when the US demanded that they stop manipulating their currency...ironically, they had a huge housing bubble going as well....just like the Chinese
Short term is 100 years to the Chinese,,,Trump will really have to make a deal with them Don't know if he can

can you tell me where you got that? you seem to have picked up one thing and hauled ass to an extreme yourself. in your rush to sell me what trump is doing you're doing the usual miscatagorization of what i have said.

i don't play that game. all i asked was how you can "refuse to support china" and not buy anything from them in the process. you ran to whatever the fuck this is.

can you tell me where you got that? you seem to have picked up one thing and hauled ass to an extreme yourself. in your rush to sell me what trump is doing you're doing the usual miscatagorization of what i have said.

i don't play that game. all i asked was how you can "refuse to support china" and not buy anything from them in the process. you ran to whatever the fuck this is.

Again, you don't understand at all...so, China is a horrible place and the "it'll change once we give them the opportunity to trade" has not worked....so, we don't want it to be POWERFUL...China has become powerful by extreme trade imbalance, right?

Where would China be, if it would loose a big portion of the trade it had until now?It'll fall back into a slow paced backwater and that would be fine...no one wants to push them to the brink cause no one wants to find out what happens, if you try to turn it into North Korea II, OK?

Again...BALANCE...just in case you've missed it: that's why president Trump negotiates with NK...boy oh boy....it's called diplomacy and geopolitical strategy, but I guess that's way over your head...

Forum List

Back