US Christians Grappling with America's Original Sin

We're finally in a time and space where this country is seriously taking a look at itself and it's history, particularly the Christian aspect, which is perhaps the most important aspect of it. It's a spiritual problem.

This thread is to feature discussions concerning the above and I'd like USMB Christians to chime in, after watching the videos of course. So, here we go...

US Christians were the ones that pushed abolition.

What is there to look at? Besides reminding everyone that the Democratic Party was the party of slavery back then, and still is today.

America's original sin??? The last I checked, slavery has gone on rampantly in the world since before there was actual civilization. And further, we weren't the last to abolish it. Far from it. Also, unlike other nations, not only did we acknowledge our involvement in it, we lost about 360,000 lives fighting to get rid of it. So, we've paid our dues on it. At least the Republican Party did.
Also, with regards to racism that still exists. I've been all over this planet and bigotry and racism still openly exists around it.
You’re saying today if slavery were still legal it wouldn’t be guys like Mitch mcconnell who owned slaves?

How come today the kkk votes republican?

Where did you get that idea? Will Quigg is the Grand Kleagle of the Triple K in America's largest state. He endorsed Clinton in 2016 and delivered the state's huge total of electoral votes to them

We're finally in a time and space where this country is seriously taking a look at itself and it's history, particularly the Christian aspect, which is perhaps the most important aspect of it. It's a spiritual problem.

This thread is to feature discussions concerning the above and I'd like USMB Christians to chime in, after watching the videos of course. So, here we go...

What is there to look at? Besides reminding everyone that the Democratic Party was the party of slavery back then, and still is today.

Not southern christians. Those “democrats” under the leadership of Robert e lee sent their sons to die for the right to own slaves. And 99% of the people back then went to church.

And those southerners even pointed to passages in the good book that justified owning slaves.

America's original sin??? The last I checked, slavery has gone on rampantly in the world since before there was actual civilization. And further, we weren't the last to abolish it. Far from it. Also, unlike other nations, not only did we acknowledge our involvement in it, we lost about 360,000 lives fighting to get rid of it. So, we've paid our dues on it. At least the Republican Party did.
Also, with regards to racism that still exists. I've been all over this planet and bigotry and racism still openly exists around it.
You’re saying today if slavery were still legal it wouldn’t be guys like Mitch mcconnell who owned slaves?

Where did you get that idea? Will Quigg is the Grand Kleagle of the Triple K in America's largest state. He endorsed Clinton in 2016 and delivered the state's huge total of electoral votes to them
Why would this klanmen vote with blacks?

Im not buying it. This is not an endorsement she wanted. This was to hurt her?

America's original sin??? The last I checked, slavery has gone on rampantly in the world since before there was actual civilization. And further, we weren't the last to abolish it
Well said

If black guys are waiting for a free shoe shine from me they are going to be massively disappointed

Some did. Certainly not all.

Not southern christians. Those “democrats” under the leadership of Robert e lee sent their sons to die for the right to own slaves. And 99% of the people back then went to church.

And those southerners even pointed to passages in the good book that justified owning slaves.

Kind like the so-called “Christians” that support abortion and gay marriage.

You don't get to do this. You don't get to put the Klan on us Democrats. You own them bro. Just wiki this dick head and you'll see

Quigg supported Donald Trump early in the primaries of the 2016 United States presidential election. However, in March 2016, Quigg changed his endorsement to Hillary Clinton, claiming that she has a "hidden agenda",[8] although questions have been raised by Snopes over the sincerity of his endorsement.

So you swallowed that? Or do you know you are pushing a lie? I'm going to assume you aren't that stupid. Liar.

It just means that since this country was settled, founded, it depended on slavery.
Thats a lie

black slaves were never more than 10-15% of colonial America

they contributed, but were not essential to our success

Those “democrats” under the leadership of Robert e lee sent their sons to die for the right to own slaves.
Another damn lie

Lee’s army were poor white farmers who never owned slaves

Kind like the so-called “Christians” that support abortion and gay marriage.

Hey, I would love for Christian Churches to ban all the people that go to their church who are pro choice and pro gay.

I agree! They are not real christians and you should stop counting them as members. But if you ask them they say they are the real Christians not you.

Those “democrats” under the leadership of Robert e lee sent their sons to die for the right to own slaves.
Another damn lie

Lee’s army were poor white farmers who never owned slaves
So what? It's just like today the GOP is clearly the party for the rich but they got you poor whites voting GOP over god, gays, guns and racism. NO different today than back then.

You aren't rich yet you vote for the party that is for the rich not the middle class. Unless you still believe trickle down works? How has it worked for us these last few decades?

As union membership in the USA went from 35j% of our workforce down to 10%, wages have stalled. No coincidence.

They even got you guys to attack unions from 2000-2008 as George Bush sent all those $50 hr jobs overseas. Now you applaud Trump for bringing those jobs back at $20 hr. You're all idiots. Get off the plantation guys.

Ok, how come all the white racists on USMB are Republicans?
I dont know of any confirmed white racists on this forum

We do. And the ones who aren't confirmed, we know.

Maybe you aren't for lynching blacks but you are against them every time a cop or George Zimmerman type murders one for no good reason.

Keep talking. Blacks are seeing what they have to lose by voting GOP.

Beyoncé urges public "to vote like our life depends on it, because it does"

It's just like today the GOP is clearly the party for the rich
Wrong

The gop is far more attuned to the ordinary Americans who obeys the law and earns a living in the private sector

Last edited:
Maybe you aren't for lynching blacks but you are against them every time a cop or George Zimmerman type murders one for no good reason.
Libs practice the soft bigotry of low expections

I dont

I judge black people by the same standards whites are judged by

dont blame me if your pet minority comes up wanting

So none of the assholes ripping the country apart, burning, looting, and just generally being asshples call themselves Christians? Who raises fuckers like that? Not Christians.

Because I do things my own way.

if you want to win the war instead of making a point the best way is to acknowledge that these bad acts are exceptions and not the rule. That good cops need to police the bad cops before the little things turn into big things.
Who said anything about cops? And why not answer the other 2 questions?

Forum List

Back