US Christians Grappling with America's Original Sin

Ok, how come all the white racists on USMB are Republicans?
I dont know of any confirmed white racists on this forum

We do. And the ones who aren't confirmed, we know.

Maybe you aren't for lynching blacks but you are against them every time a cop or George Zimmerman type murders one for no good reason.

Keep talking. Blacks are seeing what they have to lose by voting GOP.

Beyoncé urges public "to vote like our life depends on it, because it does"
white liberals black conservatives.jpg

liberals can only point to our past and not what has been done since then.
Actually, the video OP put up was not talking about the past, but what Christians can do NOW. A good bit of that is listening and understanding the issues. Some of that is based on history, yes, but the OP's video is about now.
Slavery was predominantly needed in the south because they needed more agricultural workers than the settlers could provide.
Not really. Slavery was profitable for some but not essential

just as working illegal aliens as slaves in agriculture today is the easy way out but far from the only possible way
I was responding to Mac's statistics. In some places in this country it was absolutely essential to their livelihood and way of life. Why do you think they fought a war to their own utter destruction over it?
Again, i state that the Rules for Radicals is a book of EVIL..Most Democrat follow that book. Are you EVIL?

rules for radicals

The Rules

"Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have. Power is derived from 2 main sources – money and people. 'Have-Nots' must build power from flesh and blood."
"Never go outside the expertise of your people."
"Whenever possible go outside the expertise of the enemy."
"Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules."
"Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions."
"A good tactic is one your people enjoy."
"A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag."
"Keep the pressure on."
"The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself. Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist."
"The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition."
"If you push a negative hard and deep enough it will break through into its counterside. Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog."
"The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative."
"Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions."

sounds like the same rules conservatives use.....
Why did you leave out the opening page? The one about How you liberals honor the first to rebel against the establishment "Lucifer". That is pretty telling about you liberals and why you are such pieces of shit....

As for slavery being America’s original sin, slavery in America was a British institution.

The founding fathers believed slavery was against the law of nature but knew not how to end it and found the nation but did intend for it to perish.
When the founding fathers wanted to leave the tyranny of the King of England, they had to work together to over come the odds of fighting such a mighty army for its time. But the Northern states wanted everyone to be free, while the southern states didnt, because as we all know, Southern White Democrats and some Free Blacks didnt want to let go of their black slaves. So the colonies waited until the forces of the 13 colonies worked together and won against that King. Then came the civil rights act following the revolutionary war, but those damn Democrats would never let such savages free. Maybe they had a point..

"But the Northern states wanted everyone to be free, while the southern states didnt, because as we all know, Southern White Democrats and some Free Blacks didnt want to let go of their black slaves."

southern white CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIAN democrats

you forgot the CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIAN part.....

so...you kind of lied.....

if you hate southern white conservative christian democrats who fought to keep slavery why do you defend STATUES of southern white conservative christian democrat GENERALS?

As for slavery being America’s original sin, slavery in America was a British institution.

The founding fathers believed slavery was against the law of nature but knew not how to end it and found the nation but did intend for it to perish.
When the founding fathers wanted to leave the tyranny of the King of England, they had to work together to over come the odds of fighting such a mighty army for its time. But the Northern states wanted everyone to be free, while the southern states didnt, because as we all know, Southern White Democrats and some Free Blacks didnt want to let go of their black slaves. So the colonies waited until the forces of the 13 colonies worked together and won against that King. Then came the civil rights act following the revolutionary war, but those damn Democrats would never let such savages free. Maybe they had a point..

"But the Northern states wanted everyone to be free, while the southern states didnt, because as we all know, Southern White Democrats and some Free Blacks didnt want to let go of their black slaves."

if you hate southern white conservative christian democrats who fought to keep slavery why do you defend STATUES of southern white conservative christian democrat GENERALS?

Is Nancy Pelosi a Conservative Christian Democrat who practices her CATHOLIC religion? Please elaborate?

America's original sin??? The last I checked, slavery has gone on rampantly in the world since before there was actual civilization. And further, we weren't the last to abolish it. Far from it. Also, unlike other nations, not only did we acknowledge our involvement in it, we lost about 360,000 lives fighting to get rid of it. So, we've paid our dues on it. At least the Republican Party did.
Also, with regards to racism that still exists. I've been all over this planet and bigotry and racism still openly exists around it.
I don't think America's "original sin" means we were the first to have slavery. It just means that since this country was settled, founded, it depended on slavery. I don't think it is comparing it to other countries; this is about our history.

Faulkner said the South was eternally cursed for its use of slavery, that the South has been damned by God for its sin. He wasn't the first and he won't be the last.
It's past history of slavery is irrelevant. How many nations can attest that they fought a bloody Civil War to end slavery and acknowledge it? None. For that matter how many nations acknowledge their dark histories in general? Few. At least we're not trying to squelch it and are always seeking to be a better nation, regardless of the miscreants that try to foster division.

If I had to list one heinous event in US History, it would have to be the implementation of separate tickets for a twilight double header.

Who said i did, why dont you go back on some other posts and see that i wanted Rebel statues put into a Museum where the Truth can be told about them being Southern White Democrats that fought against the Union because those Democrats didnt want to give up their blackies....

Who said i did, why dont you go back on some other posts and see that i wanted Rebel statues put into a Museum where the Truth can be told about them being Southern White Democrats that fought against the Union because those Democrats didnt want to give up their blackies....

No, your side, like the THUGS they are, just want to destroy stuff, never build things. That couple in St Louis defending their property from the THUGS, shame they didnt just shoot. If those MFers come my way, there will be plenty of body bags needed....

Actually, the video OP put up was not talking about the past, but what Christians can do NOW. A good bit of that is listening and understanding the issues. Some of that is based on history, yes, but the OP's video is about now.
Slavery was predominantly needed in the south because they needed more agricultural workers than the settlers could provide.

just as working illegal aliens as slaves in agriculture today is the easy way out but far from the only possible way
I was responding to Mac's statistics. In some places in this country it was absolutely essential to their livelihood and way of life. Why do you think they fought a war to their own utter destruction over it?
Again, i state that the Rules for Radicals is a book of EVIL..Most Democrat follow that book. Are you EVIL?
Never heard of it. Are you DELUSIONAL?
Notice how i just used your own rules against you, #13 where i have now put you on the defensive? When Conservatives make you live up to your own book, how does it feel? Not very good is it. Maybe you should start reading how fucking EVIL your side really is....
giphy.gif

Rules for Radicals: A Practical Primer for Realistic Radicals: Saul D. Alinsky: 9780679721130: Amazon.com: Books

Rules for Radicals: A Practical Primer for Realistic Radicals: Saul D. Alinsky: 9780679721130: Amazon.com: Books
I have no interest, thanks. Maybe you ought to be looking for some self-help books for Aaron though. He's gone 'round the bend.

I have no interest, thanks.

You should.

Notice how i just used your own rules against you, #13 where i have now put you on the defensive? When Conservatives make you live up to your own book, how does it feel? Not very good is it. Maybe you should start reading how fucking EVIL your side really is....
giphy.gif
Okay, do you feel that the beat down of this woman is for the better? Yes or No? Was this an EVIL act, or just business as usual?

Just like the couple in St Louis, your time is coming, when the BLM and ANTIFA shows up at your door. And guess what? I wont give a damn if you get the shit beat out of you. KARMA is a bitch....

giphy.gif
Okay, do you feel that the beat down of this woman is for the better? Yes or No? Was this an EVIL act, or just business as usual?

This has nothing to do with anything I said and certainly nothing to do with the topic.

MarcATL you need to get back here and boot a couple of these jackals out .

giphy.gif

This has nothing to do with anything I said and certainly nothing to do with the topic.

MarcATL you need to get back here and boot a couple of these jackals out .

So you are okay with the woman getting the shit beat out of her? Yes or No?

Really it isnt that hard to type

Yes

No

I know how conflicted it is for you, because since you are a white liberal, your white guilt says that it is okay for 5 black men to beat the shit out of a white woman, but then being a woman you have a conflict that men would treat a woman in such an EVIL way...

We're finally in a time and space where this country is seriously taking a look at itself and it's history, particularly the Christian aspect, which is perhaps the most important aspect of it. It's a spiritual problem.

This thread is to feature discussions concerning the above and I'd like USMB Christians to chime in, after watching the videos of course. So, here we go...

US Christians were the ones that pushed abolition.

What is there to look at? Besides reminding everyone that the Democratic Party was the party of slavery back then, and still is today.

It was the south stupid and they are now called republicans.

Wrong, it was Democrats, in the South AND the north that defended slavery.

Forum List

Back