US destroyer collides with merchant ship near Singapore

USS John McCain was damaged in its port side and requested for tug assistance, said MPA. The United States Navy reported 10 crew unaccounted for and five injured.

Alnic MC sustained damage to its fore peak tank 7m above the waterline, with no crew injuries.

Relevant Singapore agencies are assisting, said MPA.

Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) helicopters have transferred the injured to Singapore for medical attention, and MPA has sent three tugboats to assist.
10 unaccounted for, five injured in two-vessel collision; no oil spill detected

Very very strange. I'm positive we're not gettign the whole story

not strange------lots of navy accidents-----tragic

I don't believe it for a split second. This is supposed to be a top of the line US Navy ship, they just don't go crashing into other ships.

they do all kinds of stuff they are not supposed to do------like running into ridges on the Ocean floor despite
all kinds of detection equiptment. Those accidents also result in fatalities. There are also fires on board

DHu_muUUIAAYAxr

From CNN link first post-
On June 17, the USS Fitzgerald collided with a container ship off the coast of Japan. That collision resulted in the deaths of seven US sailors. The Fitzgerald will be transported to the US for repairs.
On May 9, the guided-missile cruiser USS Lake Champlain was struck by a small fishing boat off the Korean Peninsula.
And in late January, the guided-missile cruiser USS Antietam ran aground while trying to anchor in Tokyo Bay. Authorities at Yokosuka Naval Base said the Antietam remains out of action.

Too much winning for the navy under Trump.

WTH is going on.
------------------------------------------------------- it takes time , President Trump inherited the mrobama choom gang military Issac ,
I find the notion that the collisions of ships at sea are somehow the result of who happened to be president at a different time rather ridiculous. If Obama is somehow responsible, then why weren't all the collisions happening when Obama was President? No, this whole thing seems very suspicious. These Arleigh Burke Destroyers have all sorts of high tech radars. The CIC is always manned, and there are always officers and men on watch. How the hell does this happen? Especially after having recently happened to another destroyer. There is no excuse for anyone to be lackadaisical about their work. Wonder if someone is fucking with us via electronic warfare.
---------------------------------------------------------------- attitude and example comes from the Top and flows down Borilar . When we had the mrobama scum on top he dismantled and purged Army Generals so there is every reason to believe that he did the same with competent Navy commanders . I post the deer in the headlight 'john kirby' as one example of the kind of commanders and perfumed princes that mrobama liked . --- Carter ousts Kirby as top DOD spokesman --- the guys a wusse and was one of mrobamas 'boys' Borilar .

From CNN link first post-
On June 17, the USS Fitzgerald collided with a container ship off the coast of Japan. That collision resulted in the deaths of seven US sailors. The Fitzgerald will be transported to the US for repairs.
On May 9, the guided-missile cruiser USS Lake Champlain was struck by a small fishing boat off the Korean Peninsula.
And in late January, the guided-missile cruiser USS Antietam ran aground while trying to anchor in Tokyo Bay. Authorities at Yokosuka Naval Base said the Antietam remains out of action.
How is our Navy going to fight N Korea if they can't even avoid tankers and cargo ships?

they may fight but mrobama has perhaps set the USA Military up for failure , you must be proud eh RWinger ??

Last edited:

WTH is going on.
------------------------------------------------------- it takes time , President Trump inherited the mrobama choom gang military Issac ,
I find the notion that the collisions of ships at sea are somehow the result of who happened to be president at a different time rather ridiculous. If Obama is somehow responsible, then why weren't all the collisions happening when Obama was President? No, this whole thing seems very suspicious. These Arleigh Burke Destroyers have all sorts of high tech radars. The CIC is always manned, and there are always officers and men on watch. How the hell does this happen? Especially after having recently happened to another destroyer. There is no excuse for anyone to be lackadaisical about their work. Wonder if someone is fucking with us via electronic warfare.
---------------------------------------------------------------- attitude and example comes from the Top and flows down Borilar . When we had the mrobama scum on top he dismantled and purged Army Generals so there is every reason to believe that he did the same with competent Navy commanders . I post the deer in the headlight 'john kirby' as one example of the kind of commanders and perfumed princes that mrobama liked . --- Carter ousts Kirby as top DOD spokesman --- the guys a wusse and was one of mrobamas 'boys' Borilar .
Well if the Navy is operating by example from the top, I can see why all these mishaps are occurring. Maybe the skipper was too busy tweeting to notice the other ship. Maybe he was firing all his officers and replacing them with flunkies. You know, chaotic like Trump.

WTH is going on.
Well if the Navy is operating by example from the top, I can see why all these mishaps are occurring. Maybe the skipper was too busy tweeting to notice the other ship. Maybe he was firing all his officers and replacing them with flunkies. You know, chaotic like Trump.
------------------------------------------------------------------- Its the 'mrobama' that set the USA up for military failure Borrilar . I posted info on his purges of experienced Military and Naval personal . Trump inherited a dysfunctional military and Navy from 'mrobama' and thats why one of TRUMPS campaign promises was to rebuild the USA Military . Course you know all that i just typed Borrilar .

TRUMP has only been President for about 7 months and he needs to rebuild the USA Military [as he is doing] after mrobama had 8 years to dismantle the USA Military Gentlemen .

I'm sure this doesn't help-

Key positions in the Departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs are vacant because of obstructionism by Senate Democrats, damaging national security.

— The Department of Defense has seen only 6 of President Trump's 22 nominations confirmed. Positions waiting confirmation votes include:

— Deputy Secretary of Defense

— Principal Deputy under the Secretary of Defense

— Assistant Secretary of Defense

Key positions in the Departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs are vacant because of obstructionism by Senate Democrats, damaging national security.

— The Department of Defense has seen only 6 of President Trump's 22 nominations confirmed. Positions waiting confirmation votes include:

Republicans control everything. Ask them why the positions are not filled.

US destroyer collides with merchant ship near Singapore - CNN

"Opening Posts require more than a Copy and Paste with a Link, You need to include relevant, on topic material of your own.

Even Trumps military is a joke. What's that two collisions since he's been commander?

Remember when the BP oil spill was Obama's fault? Well Trump did appoint the generals that run our military now and they seem to have their heads up their asses.

We now have ZERO ships in that part of the world in case Kim Jung decides to pull a Pearl Harbor on us.

Can you imagine if Obama was president what would Republicans be saying???

Republicans control everything. Ask them why the positions are not filled.
They will say they are deciding if that position is even necessary.

Forum List

Back