US Embassador to Lybia Killed

When asked from a reporter if this was an act of war, Obama didn't respond to the question.
I hope America is looking at our Commander in Chief regarding this.
Hillary talked more presidential than Obama.

Why is it every embassy is considered that nations soil,that nations country.
And any hostile act against it an act of war.

Except when it happen to us.
At least twice now.
Four people dead and one of them our Ambassador..

What's going to be done about it.

Oh I see a speech then an appearance on Lettermen's show for like the 20th time to have
a few yucks.

Obama: We're so sorry we insulted your religion but there is no excuse for this and we will work with Lybian authorities to bring the people who did this to justice. Translation: We can't help it if you don't do anything. (Unsaid: We won't question why you stood by and allowed them to attack our embassy with impunity.)

Gary Johnson: It is our fault because we had people there when they should never have been there.

Romney: ". . . .America will not tolerate attacks against our citizens and against our embassies. We’ll defend also our constitutional rights of speech and assembly and religion.

We have confidence in our cause in America. We respect our Constitution. We stand for the principles our Constitution protects. We encourage other nations to understand and respect the principles of our Constitution, because we recognize that these principles are the ultimate source of freedom for individuals around the world.

I also believe the administration was wrong to stand by a statement sympathizing with those who had breached our embassy in Egypt, instead of condemning their actions. It’s never too early for the United States government to condemn attacks on Americans and to defend our values."

Foxfyre: You will guarantee the safety and security of our embassey and consulate personnel and will deliver to our justice system any who would attack us on our soil or yours, or we will put your country off limits to all Americans and you will not receive one more dime of American assistance in any form.

Obama never "apologised".

Americans only become important to these right wing cocksuckers only if they were killed by muslims...Any other American killed by Mexicans who the fuck cares....that's how right wing pieces of shit think...

Ever heard of operation fast and the furious? obama does not care about Americans he will use them as pawns to push his agenda so shut the fuck up you cock sucking son of a bitch.

Hey, if someone made a film portraying Jesus as a pedophile, I don't think you Christians would be all that keen on it.

No embassies would be attacked, and no one would be killed by a rabid mob. Amazing how raw fear insires such respect for religion in you, faceless.

Yes, I don't think getting our brave soldiers and foreign service bureaucrats (both of whom you say bad things about) need to be put into unnecessary danger because other religious idiots want to act like Douchbags.

Ideally, we should have nothing to with that part of the world. BUt if we are, then we don't act stupidly.

Nice to see that cowardice motivates your 'principles,' champ.

This shows how stupid you are Joe ;)

Hollywood goes out of its way to offend Christians :)

Major League
Bull Durham
Last Temptation of Christ
Robin Hood (Costner version)

and on and on and on.....nobody kills anybody.

Islam is an inferior religion, and your bigotry makes you an inferior man.

How was any of those movies "offensive" to Christians. This should be a good laugh.

Okay, the Costner Robin Hood. That was offensive, how, exactly? By showing the Crusades were a really horrible idea? Even most Christian Churches today teach that the crusades were a really horrible idea.

what was offensive to Christians in "Major League"? The one silly line about the Voodoo doll? Wow, that's a stretch.

All religions are "inferior" to thinking for yourself and taking responsiblity for your own actions.

No embassies would be attacked, and no one would be killed by a rabid mob. Amazing how raw fear insires such respect for religion in you, faceless.

Yes, I don't think getting our brave soldiers and foreign service bureaucrats (both of whom you say bad things about) need to be put into unnecessary danger because other religious idiots want to act like Douchbags.

Ideally, we should have nothing to with that part of the world. BUt if we are, then we don't act stupidly.

Nice to see that cowardice motivates your 'principles,' champ.

Unlike you, I'm not "brave" with other people's lives. But that's the chickenhawk way.

Let someone else do the fighting and dying and killing.

You should look harder.

Jesus Christ, Superstar, and The Life of Brian are two that pop into my head without thinking about it at all. Want to challenge me to find more?

If those were the best two examples you could come up with... (Life of Bryan being a British film) then that was kind of lame, dude.

Life of Brian was critical of religion, not Jesus. As John Cleese said, "We really couldn't criticize Jesus, because Jesus was an okay guy, but we criticized religion and what it makes people do."

And if you have to go back 30-40 years to find examples, then you are kind of proving my point.

So, have you burned down any churches yet, tough-guy? Beaten up any nuns? No, that's just a lot of talk, isn't it faceless? But when you think some people might really do what you just talk about doing, your fear suddenly makes you 'respect' the hell out of them, huh? That is mighty brave of you, faceless.

Religulous, the DaVinci code. Pretty much any biblical *documentary* spewed out by public broadcasting/A&E/History Channel between 1975-2000.

Religulous criticized ALL religions... so, um nope.

The DaVinci Code. Well, that was a ripoff of bad psuedo-history, but how was that offensive to Christians, exactly?

Documentaries... :cuckoo: Yup, how dare they discuss facts when you are beliving your fairy tales...

So, have you burned down any churches yet, tough-guy? Beaten up any nuns? No, that's just a lot of talk, isn't it faceless? But when you think some people might really do what you just talk about doing, your fear suddenly makes you 'respect' the hell out of them, huh? That is mighty brave of you, faceless.

wooooo... looks like I hit a nerve with the Chickenhawk.

chickenhawk.jpg

Don't worry, guy, some brave soldiers will keep your cowardly ass safe from the big-bad muslims. I'm a bit old for that sort of thing these days.... but hey, someone will keep you safe.

Seriously, when a nun says a really stupid thing at one of your loved ones funeral, let me know how you react.

Obama:
We're so sorry we insulted your religion

In the English language, saying you are sorry is an apology!

1) Obama didn't say that, the Embassy Staff did.
2) They didn't apologize, they said it was wrong for assholes to say offensive things about their religion.

Your boy stepped in it, big time with this one.

Politics stop at the shoreline. It's the oldest adage in politics.

Stupid man again? Hey actually I heard the Iranian president was Buddhists :lol::lol:

Wow....funny.

'Buddhists', huh? He's plural now as in more than one person?

Your comebacks are pretty good.

I mean.....I'm reeeeally impressed Dude.

Maybe you can call me a fat-faced lily-livered poopy-pants. :badgrin:

Middle east discussion is not for you....you do better in politics

I have more experience than your average American....so maybe you could take your special brand of "Middle-East" discussion back to that stink-hole of a region and discuss all you fucken want.

Going around insulting everyone here isn't going to give anyone a better understanding of those you seem to want to represent.

As a matter of fact I think a douche-bag like yourself is a poor representative for Muslims.

Insulting people for their lack of understanding is not going to make anyone want to learn. Maybe that will sink in some day.

Last edited:
Obama:
We're so sorry we insulted your religion

2) They didn't apologize, they said it was wrong for assholes to say offensive things about their religion.

The last time I checked, the Ambassador to Egypt was appointed by Obama.

The official statement from the embassy website:

The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others.

Sec or State Clinton is also appointed by and speaks for the President all over the world. This was her statement:

"We condemn the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims"The U.S. deplores any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others," Clinton said. "Our commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation," she added.

And Obama said:

While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants.”

Apologies all!

Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton and numerous Democrat Senators completely destroyed the time honored tradition of politics stop at the shoreline. They publicly criticized and called Bush vile names for 8 years.

Last edited:
Obama:

The last time I checked, the Ambassador to Egypt was appointed by Obama.

The official statement from the embassy website:

The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others.

Sec or State Clinton is also appointed by and speaks for the President all over the world. This was her statement:

"We condemn the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims"The U.S. deplores any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others," Clinton said. "Our commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation," she added.

And Obama said:

While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants.”

Apologies all!

I think you fail to understand the difference between an apology and a condemnation.

An apology is saying what YOU did is bad.

A condemnation is saying what someone else did was bad.

Now, while I'm sure you are all going to get the DVD of this awful movie, most sensible people agree it was in bad taste.

The US Ambassador to Lybia has been killed, as have at least two other embassy staffers.

And what are we going to do about it? Nothing. This is a time when we need a leader - a real, in the front kind - but we don't have one. The obamedia will try to downplay this and focus on its real 'job,' of trying to help obama get reelected.

Is it any wonder why under this administration our allies don't trust us and our enemies laugh at us?

Given how long it took us to track down Bin Laden it is not surprising we are still under attack around the world, I hope it doesn't take ten years this time.

Forum List

Back