US industry espionage in Germany

ekrem

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2005
NSA monitoring 20 millions phone-connections and 10 million internet-connections a day.
7th January 2013 was record-day when 60 million phone-connections were monitored.
Especially connections in South- and West Germany are monitored, where the industry is located.

Around 500 million connections (phone-internet) are monitored in a month.
Meta-data of these connections are stored in USA.

NSA überwacht 500 Millionen Verbindungen in Deutschland - SPIEGEL ONLINE

So America DOES spy on our allies. Well no real shocker I guess. I'm sure they don't mind.

So America DOES spy on our allies. Well no real shocker I guess. I'm sure they don't mind.

When German citizens and companies are systematically being spied on then it is a question about homeland security and violation of laws.

I do not know if you Yanks get a feeling for the arrogance and disinterest you and your government confronts it´s allies.
It is breathtaking.

There will be a day, when you will need the same allies you are now effing with.

That the US services are spying on other countries, I can understand. What enrages me is the attitude. We can do it, we do it. And fuck the rest of the world.
Probably a very good way to keep allies.

And nobody should tell me, that this is necessary to fight terror. In the US more people are dying every year on the street or by domestic violence than by terrorists. But who cares...

regards
ze germanguy

This is the future. When information is sent in clear text it is to be considered common knowledge. Everyone need to act accordingly.
U.S. differs litte from any other nation, I suppose. With the technology in place there is also no going back.

The effort might however be counter productive. Since people dislike being subject of eavesdropping, technology ofcourse provides encryption. This will require even more resources to decode messages about who will pick up the kids from day care and todays shopping list, rendering in real secrets drowning in the flood of encrypted communication.

What enrages me is the attitude. We can do it, we do it.

Personally that is something I like with the U.S.
The results vary in quality and greater gain, but at least one can count on U.S. to always do something about something.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back