US Troops in serious peril now..Terry Jones burns Koran

I didn't agree with his plans to burn the Koran. I think it was petty and stupid. But now, he doesn't even have the courage to stand up and take responsibility?
You see the pastor as the adult and the muslims as children.

I can just see Terry Jones in the pulpit tomorrow gloating over how much he has accomplished in the name of Jesus

I can just see Terry Jones in the pulpit tomorrow gloating over how much he has accomplished in the name of Jesus

I think maybe I will leave now. I can be in Gainesville in a couple of hours. Find a hotel room spend the night and then go to his service. Shall I report to you on the sermon?

Umm, on second thought, I think I will not be in the vicinity. That man may very well be marked.

Immie

Only YOU could twist it that way. Maybe they ought to arrest the violent idiots for acting like adolescent imbeciles instead?

Not real funny how you swap rules around to suit your retarded arguments.
Of course they should arrest them, that goes without saying since they have murdered people.

I'm curious about the pastor, though....will he get in trouble for his role?

His 'role' was the equivalent of Jody Foster's 'role' in the attempted assassination of Reagan. :eusa_hand:
That's probably the stupidest analogy I've ever seen posted.

Would you please show me where anyone said anything about curbing his free speech?

I, for one, believe that he contributed to these events, but I have never stated that I believe his rights should be curbed and I don't believe anyone in this thread that has taken a similar stance has stated that we should curb his rights.

So you agree that he committed no crime and can burn korans everyday to his heart's content? Because some here don't.

Would you please show me where anyone said anything about curbing his free speech?

I, for one, believe that he contributed to these events, but I have never stated that I believe his rights should be curbed and I don't believe anyone in this thread that has taken a similar stance has stated that we should curb his rights.

So you agree that he committed no crime and can burn korans everyday to his heart's content? Because some here don't.

I don't believe I ever said he committed a crime. Nor did I say he could not burn any Korans to his hearts content. I did, however, say he was partially responsible for what happens.

Last time I checked, it was not a crime to be irresponsible.

Would I choose to burn a Koran? No, because I don't believe it accomplished anything except to make a few thousand morons pissed off enough to kill 12 people over. Besides that, I'm just not into book burning. It makes no sense.

Immie

You said he was responsible, not irresponsible.

But as long as you agree that not only were his actions legal, but any new laws targeting what he did would be unconstitutional infringements of free speech, then we have nothing to argue about. But again, plenty people on this thread don't agree with that (see Ravi).

But as long as you agree that not only were his actions legal, but any new laws targeting what he did would be unconstitutional infringements of free speech, then we have nothing to argue about. But again, plenty people on this thread don't agree with that (see Ravi).
:cuckoo:

I said I wondered if he'd be arrested...because the Phelps haters thought Phelps should be arrested or at least beaten to a pulp by vigilantes.

A bit of an amusing double standard.

Though it is an interesting question...what he did was basically yell fire in a crowded theater, and if that is a crime, why isn't this?

Well, I thought my post made it clear that I thought he was responsible for inciting the morons and it seemed pretty clear to me that being responsible for that was being irresponsible. But maybe you don't see it that way.

I can't imagine myself supporting any such law that as you have mentioned.

However, I do intend to exercise my freedom of religion and choose not to worship at his church. Is that okay with you by any chance? ;)

Immie

Of course they should arrest them, that goes without saying since they have murdered people.

I'm curious about the pastor, though....will he get in trouble for his role?

His 'role' was the equivalent of Jody Foster's 'role' in the attempted assassination of Reagan. :eusa_hand:

I doubt it.

Unless you missed the one where someone (a retard who shall remain nameless) actually compared a peaceful book burning to the KKK burning a cross on a black person's front lawn in an attempt to run them out of town. That is a much more ludicrous analogy without question.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

:cuckoo:

I said I wondered if he'd be arrested...because the Phelps haters thought Phelps should be arrested or at least beaten to a pulp by vigilantes.

A bit of an amusing double standard.

Though it is an interesting question...what he did was basically yell fire in a crowded theater, and if that is a crime, why isn't this?

:lol: Troll rating: 9/10. :thup:

I doubt it.

Unless you missed the one where someone (a retard who shall remain nameless) actually compared a peaceful book burning to the KKK burning a cross on a black person's front lawn in an attempt to run them out of town. That is a much more ludicrous analogy without question.

Who ever came up with THAT analogy is a genius, because it is almost exactly the same thing...and burning the Koran to make a statement is anything but peaceful.

A peaceful book burning would be burning Curious George books that were moldy.

muhammadans go ape shit if one eats pork, cuts cheese, sings, dates without chaparones, became apostates, are infidels, on and on... nothing new here.....

I doubt it.

Who ever came up with THAT analogy is a genius, because it is almost exactly the same thing...and burning the Koran to make a statement is anything but peaceful.

His burning was peaceful.

If you dispute this you are braindead, or a dishonest fuckstain.

If Jones wants to exercise his right to free speech, then he should openly accept Piss Jesus and other anti-Christian outrages

Hey, dumbass, that's a false dilemma and you know it. By presenting that you can only be one of two extremes is outrageous and beyond stupid. I don't expect anything else from you other than stupid comments but I digress.

Saying it's either you have to "full accept" something or "Go on a murder rampage" and that there is no in between such as saying "I do not approve", is really fucked up and honestly, you need professional help.

Intolerance of others beliefs is still intollerance. Regardless of the response
Ill put you down as tolerant of any and all genocidal ideologies.

Why didn't the muslims just burn the bible, instead of killing people?

I doubt it.

His burning was peaceful.

If you dispute this you are braindead, or a dishonest fuckstain.

Oh, my bad. I forgot that you think burning a cross on someone's lawn is protected political speech. IMO, it is no different than burning the koran. If either should be illegal is of course open for debate.

And your other analogy is just a poorly constructed. I guess you're a bitter drunk, how sad.

:(

According to Ravi's logic, Dr. Tiller was responsible for his own murder because his incitement of Roeder was no different than burning a cross on a black person's lawn or yelling fire in a crowded theater.

Well, at least if her logic were to be applied honestly and consistently that is...

...and THAT horse is a DNF.

I gave her a troll post rating of 9/10 for that post, but I'm thinking it should have been 10/10. I wish I could troll as well as Ravi. One day, maybe. :eusa_pray:

Forum List

Back