US Troops Want To Stay

When will you address the facts that congress has had an abysmal rating for a long time..... but more abysmal under republican control than under the democrats.

here is Gallup's congressional approval ratings going back

10/05 29
11/05 29
12/05 29
1/06 27
2/06 25
3/06 27
4/06 23
5/06 21
6/06 27
7/06 29
8/06 27
9/06 29
10/06 23 (pre mid term election)
11/06 26 (post election republican lame duck)
12/06 21 (post election republican lame duck)
1/07 35 (initial reading for democrats)
2/07 37
3/07 28
4/07 33
5/07 29

it would appear that, basically, the BEST month the republicans had in recent memory when THEY were in power equals the WORST month the democrats had.

Now...look at the Harris poll for that similar time frame and compare democratis approval ratings with republicans - head to head.

Democrat versus Republican
8/05 31 vs 32
11/05 25 vs 27
3/06 24 vs 27
5/06 23 vs 20
6/06 26 vs 25
9/06 29 vs 24
11/06 36 vs 24
2/07 41 vs 26
4/07 35 vs 22

Say what you want... people being unhappy with congress is nothing new.... people being happier with democrats than they are with republicans is nothing too new either.

I would love to hear your thoughtful analysis of what these head to head comparisons mean.... what that trend of congressional approval means. It shows two years of data. Is there no wisdom you can glean from all of that?

Maybe because the Dems are running the House and Senate?

Damn, here I am mixing facts into the discussion again!!!!

the poll does not ask people what they think of congressional leadership, but of congress in general.

On one point in particular, the sustaining of the Bush veto of the wildly popular democratic funding bill, congress got low approval ratings and that was due, entirely, to the actions of congressional republicans. that can hardly go againts MY party.

again... when you have a poll that compares democrats to the president, please post it.

I'll wait. numbnuts.

I would love to hear your thoughtful analysis of what these head to head comparisons mean.... what that trend of congressional approval means. It shows two years of data. Is there no wisdom you can glean from all of that?

I understand that you can post the current poll numbers. I was interested in gaining your thoughtful insight and reading your analysis of the historical implications of the trends shown in the data above. Can you provide that insight?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/polls/archive/?poll_id=18

There are two recent that show Dems lower the Pres Bush

You need to accept the facts MM

Try something new in life

no.... those polls do not show democrats lower than the president... that is a lie...and you know it.

you need to learn to spin a new tale...this one of equating congress and democrats is really old. I showed you polling data that differentiates the people's views of congressional democrats versus congressional republicans and your guys get the shit end of the stick. deal with it.

no.... those polls do not show democrats lower than the president... that is a lie...and you know it.

you need to learn to spin a new tale...this one of equating congress and democrats is really old. I showed you polling data that differentiates the people's views of congressional democrats versus congressional republicans and your guys get the shit end of the stick. deal with it.

Dems are running Congress, yet when the numbers for Congress tank - it is not the Dems fault

Only MM would continue to spin and lie in the facts of the facts

still working the same old line, eh? democrats have razor thin majorities in congress and a president of the opposite party. they are not congress....they are half of congress. and the shit that YOUR half has pulled vis a vis sustaining Bush's veto is what drags congressional ratings down more than anything else

still working the same old line, eh? democrats have razor thin majorities in congress and a president of the opposite party. they are not congress....they are half of congress. and the shit that YOUR half has pulled vis a vis sustaining Bush's veto is what drags congressional ratings down more than anything else

Dems are running the place and yet they are to help responsible for the decreasing poll numbers?

keep spinning.... "congress" does not equal "democrat". when the people are asked to differentiate between the parties, they do, and you lose.

Yea, Dems are only running both the House and Senate

How the hell can they be held repsonsible for the pubic opinion of Congress?

Yea, Dems are only running both the House and Senate

How the hell can they be held repsonsible for the pubic opinion of Congress?

because they only make up half of congress.... how could they be held responsible for everything that republicans do? that is like suggesting that if the mark foley scandal had not hit until last month and congressional approval ratings took a hit because of a republican congressman holding up votes on the house floor while he had cybersex with a page and splooged all over his laptop that somehow, that would have been the democrat's fault? LOL

because they only make up half of congress.... how could they be held responsible for everything that republicans do? that is like suggesting that if the mark foley scandal had not hit until last month and congressional approval ratings took a hit because of a republican congressman holding up votes on the house floor while he had cybersex with a page and splooged all over his laptop that somehow, that would have been the democrat's fault? LOL

That spin cycle is set on high today

run away. the fact is.... democrats have a majority in congress. they are not responsible for all of what congress does. and clearly, much of what congress has done recently that has negatively impacted public opinion was done by republicans. the people were pissed that the republicans stood in the way of the democrat's funding bill with departure deadlines.... real pissed

run away. the fact is.... democrats have a majority in congress. they are not responsible for all of what congress does. and clearly, much of what congress has done recently that has negatively impacted public opinion was done by republicans. the people were pissed that the republicans stood in the way of the democrat's funding bill with departure deadlines.... real pissed

only a ass kissing Dem like you would not hold the Dems accountable for their failures

That is OK though - the polls shows the rest of the voters are

only a ass kissing Dem like you would not hold the Dems accountable for their failures

That is OK though - the polls shows the rest of the voters are

keep spinning. the people are pissed at congressional republicans for not supporting the democrat's funding bill..... and they are hearing it from their districts...that is why the gang of moderate republicans with John Boehner in tow went to see the president and told him that the war was hurting the party and they were running out of patience.

keep spinning. the people are pissed at congressional republicans for not supporting the democrat's funding bill..... and they are hearing it from their districts...that is why the gang of moderate republicans with John Boehner in tow went to see the president and told him that the war was hurting the party and they were running out of patience.

They are at pissed at dems for their surrender bill and the Dems caved

Now the Dems base is REALLY pissed

They are at pissed at dems for their surrender bill and the Dems caved

Now the Dems base is REALLY pissed

no...the polling data is quite clear. the people are pissed that the funding bill did not pass.... and they blame the republicans and the president. they know that the democrats gave their best effort and they know who got in their way.

and as I said earlier...the democratic base can be pissed off all day....where are they gonna go? are they gonna bolt and vote for republicans?????:rofl:

no...the polling data is quite clear. the people are pissed that the funding bill did not pass.... and they blame the republicans and the president. they know that the democrats gave their best effort and they know who got in their way.

and as I said earlier...the democratic base can be pissed off all day....where are they gonna go? are they gonna bolt and vote for republicans?????:rofl:

The surrender bill and all the broken promises are catching up to the Dems

Your kook base could bolt to a third party anti war nut

No matter, Dems do not have a candidate who will win the Electoral College

Forum List

Back