🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

US will not 'stand idly' on Russian role in Venezuela: Pompeo

Russia is only there to defend Venezuelan sovereignty. Y'all didn't learn your lesson from Syria?

I'm against US intervention in Venezuela but to think Russia's involvement is motivated by a desire to defend sovereignty seems naive.
Why are they there now then? At this particular time? When everyone is aware of Washington's intentions in Venezuela. Why not before?

Because whatever is bad for US geopolitical interests is good for Russia.
Well doesn't the very act of defending Venezuelan sovereignty benefit Russia? So what is naive about what I said?

Sounded as if were painting Russia's intentions as selfless heroism
Just the facts.

Sounded as if were painting Russia's intentions as selfless heroism

Yea really.

I have been reading about Putin for a while now.

He desperately wants to reconstitute the Soviet Empire. They lost Cuba for all intents and purposes but oh how Putin would love a foothold in South America in a country flush with oil....
You've been reading Western propaganda.

So, now that Pompeo has spoken publicly about this, the US has to do something or lose more face.

What are we going to do about it?

Are we going to send our own troops to Venezuela?

People just cannot keep their mouths shut.
Well, this just completely blows out of the water the left's screeching about Trump being Putin's stooge, doesn't it?

It does? How so?

Putin put troops on the ground in Venezuela, and the US has done nothing but have the SOS talk trash.

So, now that Pompeo has spoken publicly about this, the US has to do something or lose more face.

Well, this just completely blows out of the water the left's screeching about Trump being Putin's stooge, doesn't it?

It does? How so?

Putin put troops on the ground in Venezuela, and the US has done nothing but have the SOS talk trash.
Really? You really have to ask this question?

If Trump was Putin's stooge, there wouldn't even be any trash talk.

It does? How so?

Really? You really have to ask this question?

:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

Why not? Standing up to Trump's trash talk makes Putin look better and Trump look weaker, since there will be no action following the trash talk.

It does? How so?

All joking aside, we don't know what is going on. This is playing out behind closed doors.

It does? How so?

All joking aside, we don't know what is going on. This is playing out behind closed doors.

Then the trash talking should have stayed behind those closed doors...don't ya think?

It does? How so?

Then the trash talking should have stayed behind those closed doors...don't ya think?
Good point, carry on.

I would ask Guiado what it is he wanted out of a treaty with the US and then make it known to him that we are willing to aid his country from further foreign invasion with an Air, Sea, and Land embargo of any and all outside nations attempting to enter or leave. Then assure him that any humanitarian efforts would be conducted through our channels.

I would then open treaty negotiations on what kinds of economic trade he would be interested in. What, if any extradition requirements he would want, and talks about tourism to his nation, once it was rebuilt in the form of a Constitutional Republic.

It gives zyou cover to say the kind of stupid shit you just said
Why not? Standing up to Trump's trash talk makes Putin look better and Trump look weaker, since there will be no action following the trash talk.

And makes Putin look tough to his minions back home.

A double win

Truth be told, anything positive would have required delicate foreign policy expertise and engagements from allies and countries in the region.

In other words..the Trump Admin never had a chance to accomplish anything BUT let Putin do what he wants

I would ask Guiado what it is he wanted out of a treaty with the US and then make it known to him that we are willing to aid his country from further foreign invasion with an Air, Sea, and Land embargo of any and all outside nations attempting to enter or leave. Then assure him that any humanitarian efforts would be conducted through our channels.

I would then open treaty negotiations on what kinds of economic trade he would be interested in. What, if any extradition requirements he would want, and talks about tourism to his nation, once it was rebuilt in the form of a Constitutional Republic.
That sounds so reasonable until you realize that Guiado has no support...especially after Trump jumped in and backed him with nothing but his mouth

Paul Craig Roberts - Wikipedia

The Truth About Venezuela - PaulCraigRoberts.org

Venezuela – The Straw that Breaks the Empire’s Back?
Venezuela – The Straw that Breaks the Empire’s Back?

". . . Now let’s cut to the chase. – It is clear that the Trump Administration with these stupid actions of dishing out sanctions left and right, punishing allies and foes alike, if they deal with Russia, Iran, or Venezuela – and this special blunt regime change aggression in Venezuela, nominating a 35 year old US puppet, trained in the US by CIA as Venezuela’s new ‘interim president’, confiscating Venezuela’s reserve assets in New York and London, stopping importing petrol from Venezuela and punishing anybody who imports Venezuelan oil – except, of course, Russia and China. The ‘might’ of the US stops short of interfering in these non-dollar deals. With these and more ridiculous actions and military threats – Washington is actually not only isolating itself, but is accelerating the fall of the US economy. Ever more countries are seeking alternative ways of doing business with currencies and monetary systems other than the dollar-based fraudulent SWIFT, and eventually they will succeed. All they need to do is joining the China-Russia-SCO system of transfer in their local currencies and the currencies of the eastern SCO block – and dedollarization is moving a step further ahead.

Dedollarization is the key to the end of the US (dollar) hegemony, of the US economic supremacy. The arrogant Trump, plus the impunity of the unfettered diabolical and outright dumb Bolton-Pompeo-Abrams approach of military threats and intimidations, may just make Venezuela the straw that breaks the Empire’s back.. . ."
Sock Puppet Alert
OH yeah?

Who was I originally n00b? Or what is my other user handle?

Do tell. . . this should be good. . . . . :auiqs.jpg:

That sounds so reasonable until you realize that Guiado has no support...especially after Trump jumped in and backed him with nothing but his mouth
No support from who? The other nations? LOL

Maduro is holding onto the Presidency only because he controls the military. As all military dictatorships are, he is using force to illegitimately claim this position.

Regardless, the US, Many EU nations, and a significant portion of the world recognize Guiado.

At any rate, if asked what I would do, and what I would advise Trump to do, is exactly what I stated.

Russia is not to be permitted a foothold in this hemisphere.

He desperately wants to reconstitute the Soviet Empire. They lost Cuba for all intents and purposes but oh how Putin would love a foothold in South America in a country flush with oil....

I'm not too sure about that but I do not doubt he'd like to get from under the US's thumb

So many left wing sheeple like the OP itching for a war with Russia..... YAWN!

you people are SICK!

IT IS NOT HAPPENING OK??????????

Forum List

Back