USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mornin' all, woke up to temps in the low 30s and a light dusting of snow on the ground. Sucking down massive quantities of coffee in my favorite Marvin the Martian mug........

Rainy and chilly here...Happy Wednesday everyone

WednesdayAddams(1).gif

Chilly here today. I suppose it will rain a little bit more too. Had a tornado touch down briefly in the next county over yesterday. Need to go to Rockford to run some errands later today.

[MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION] - I started with the Red Yeast Rice yesterday, thanks for the recommend. I also got some Kaneka QH.

Made note of the date so I can track how these supplements affect me.

Caffeineloading_zpsaee613b1.png

Good morning, everyone.

Today's celeb no. 1 drinking coffee:

fdd1bae81b1ccba7ef84b3f4d433e0b4.jpg

That's Jennifer Lopez.
i had to lol at this. there is this little thing going around on FB where you put your picture in and it tells you what celebrity you look like. I put mine in and the match was jennifer lopez. wtf?

You must be really beautiful! :D

A couple of weeks ago, Foxfyre and I had a jesting conversation about Lachs (Salmon), because I told her I like to eat Lachs for breakfast, for instance:

IMG_20140430_120742_zpsffb36337.jpg

What many people might not know is that Lachs contains a good amount of Omega-3 fatty acid, which is a pretty amazing substance: it actually helps to burn fat already stored in the body. Fat is stored in our body in, well, essentially, mini-cubes, and each of those cubes has a protective sheath around it. It's not easy to burn away this sheath, but there are enyzmes in Omega-3 fat that literally bore holes into that sheath, making it a lot easier to released stored body fat into the system and use that fat as energy. Omega 3 also helps to regulate blood clotting.

If you are looking to drop a pound of two and want more energy at the beginning of your day, I can recommend trying some stuff with Omega-3 fat in it, in moderate amounts.

Here are some good Omega-3 options:

meat from animals who are grass-fed (goats, sheep, some cows)
Egg yolk
Lachs, also Carp, Trout, Flounder, Catfish, Eel, Sardines, Herring, Mackerel and Tuna-Fish.
Edamame (green soybeans)
Wild Rice (which is not a grain, but rather, officially, a grass)
Walnuts, Walnut oil
Canola oil
Flax

Among the fish listed, Lachs has the 4th highest amount of Omega-3 fatty acids, Tuna has the highest. This is part of the reason why trainers call Tuna "Bodybuilder-Bible Food".

About 10 years ago, I moved away from sugary breakfasts to really hearty breakfasts and I think it really helped me.

If you read up on it, you will probably see the word "moderation" alot. Stuff with Omega-3 is not to replace an entire diet, but just to enhance it.

So, I'll stick with my love-affair with Lachs!!! :D
[MENTION=42916]Derideo_Te[/MENTION]

I'm still not convinced lachs is something I want to eat. But I love trout, catfish and tuna--unfortunately with tuna you have to balance the health benefits against the possible mercury contamination. :( We do eat a lot of eggs and use canola oil pretty much exclusively. Can't afford lamb. Goat and grass fed beef is pretty hard to come by around here. So we all just do the best that we can.

Mornin' all!

We're supposed to have record temps in Oaklandtown today...high 80s.

I wish I could play hookey today. :(

Holy cow. My experience with your area is how I think Mark Twain put it: The coldest winter I ever spent was San Francisco in July. So 80 degrees in Oakland already??? And we, at a considerably more southern latitude, had freeze warnings all over the place here last night. I'm sitting here this morning with my little desk heater on and I'm all bundled up in a turtle neck and heavy fleece jacket.

i had to lol at this. there is this little thing going around on FB where you put your picture in and it tells you what celebrity you look like. I put mine in and the match was jennifer lopez. wtf?

You must be really beautiful! :D

now if i could only get that marc anthony dude to stop calling me.

Look at it this way, you'll get a really good haircut every month.

Nevermind, I always thought he was a hair stylist to the stars.

Last edited:
[MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION] - I started with the Red Yeast Rice yesterday, thanks for the recommend. I also got some Kaneka QH.

Made note of the date so I can track how these supplements affect me.

I've been using Red Yeast Rice for the past year - it works wonderfully! And I've had no negative side effects at all. My endocrinologist recommended it - he also takes it.

My friend, Otis, is dying. Will be leaving shortly to go sit with him. Prayers up for God's mercy for a peaceful passing.

A couple of weeks ago, Foxfyre and I had a jesting conversation about Lachs (Salmon), because I told her I like to eat Lachs for breakfast, for instance:

IMG_20140430_120742_zpsffb36337.jpg

What many people might not know is that Lachs contains a good amount of Omega-3 fatty acid, which is a pretty amazing substance: it actually helps to burn fat already stored in the body. Fat is stored in our body in, well, essentially, mini-cubes, and each of those cubes has a protective sheath around it. It's not easy to burn away this sheath, but there are enyzmes in Omega-3 fat that literally bore holes into that sheath, making it a lot easier to released stored body fat into the system and use that fat as energy. Omega 3 also helps to regulate blood clotting.

If you are looking to drop a pound of two and want more energy at the beginning of your day, I can recommend trying some stuff with Omega-3 fat in it, in moderate amounts.

Here are some good Omega-3 options:

meat from animals who are grass-fed (goats, sheep, some cows)
Egg yolk
Lachs, also Carp, Trout, Flounder, Catfish, Eel, Sardines, Herring, Mackerel and Tuna-Fish.
Edamame (green soybeans)
Wild Rice (which is not a grain, but rather, officially, a grass)
Walnuts, Walnut oil
Canola oil
Flax

Among the fish listed, Lachs has the 4th highest amount of Omega-3 fatty acids, Tuna has the highest. This is part of the reason why trainers call Tuna "Bodybuilder-Bible Food".

About 10 years ago, I moved away from sugary breakfasts to really hearty breakfasts and I think it really helped me.

If you read up on it, you will probably see the word "moderation" alot. Stuff with Omega-3 is not to replace an entire diet, but just to enhance it.

So, I'll stick with my love-affair with Lachs!!! :D
[MENTION=42916]Derideo_Te[/MENTION]

But I don't want to eat any of that! :puke3:

Ya don't have to!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back