USMB Coffee Shop IV

Dang, I had to go to the first page to post. Y'all locked up my browser with all the videos.
What browser do you use? I use Google Chrome and never have a problem with videos.
I have that but mostly use Firefox. It plays the videos just fine but there was too many links and took a long time to load. I don't have the fastest net speed available. It's hard to party with you high rollers. :banana:

Join the club with a lot of us. :) I have very good net speed but my computer doesn't play well with USMB's new software. Lightning fast at other sites and sometimes like slogging through molasses here. It is sometimes very annoying and frustrating, but I work around it. So we'll all just party on. We're all worth it. :)

It's the ads. You have to wait for the ads to load, especially those ads with animation. If you used an ad block program, you would notice that your aren't bogged down by the ads anymore. :)

Well, still sick as a dog, day three, fever, deep bronchial cough that doesn't clear anything, I ache all over and my diaphragm, sides and back hurt from coughing. I sleep for an hour at a time propped up, finally called the VA to see if there's anything they can give me so at least I can get some real sleep.
Not to mention I have tons of things to do to get ready for the move and just can't do anything. I hope this breaks soon.

Ringel, see a doctor. With the symptoms you are describing, you obviously need an anti-biotic.
That's why I called the VA and no, I do not have pneumonia. As for an antibiotic this is the flu (a virus) so an antibiotic would be a waste of time unless I develop an infection which I have not, I know what that feels like and I don't have that feeling.
So far it's just a very nasty virus so I'm drinking lots of water and taking extra vitamins as well as ibuprofen for the pain. I have been taking naps throughout the day so I am getting some rest just not the long deep sleep I need.

They can't tell if you have pneumonia or not without doing a chest x-ray. :D
I can tell, had it once before, I know exactly what it feels like. If I had it I would definitely not be posting here cause I would be 10 times more uncomfortable than I am now, trust me pneumonia is extremely nasty.

My ex-boyfriend worked as a construction worker in the middle of winter for a week with pneumonia because he thought he only had a cold. You really should get checked because there are different types of pneumonia, such as what they refer to as "walking" pneumonia. Also, I type medical reports for a living, so I know for a fact that symptoms can vary dependent upon where and how severe your infection might be. :D

Walking Pneumonia Everyday Health

Dang, I had to go to the first page to post. Y'all locked up my browser with all the videos.
What browser do you use? I use Google Chrome and never have a problem with videos.
I have that but mostly use Firefox. It plays the videos just fine but there was too many links and took a long time to load. I don't have the fastest net speed available. It's hard to party with you high rollers. :banana:

Join the club with a lot of us. :) I have very good net speed but my computer doesn't play well with USMB's new software. Lightning fast at other sites and sometimes like slogging through molasses here. It is sometimes very annoying and frustrating, but I work around it. So we'll all just party on. We're all worth it. :)

It's the ads. You have to wait for the ads to load, especially those ads with animation. If you used an ad block program, you would notice that your aren't bogged down by the ads anymore. :)

The ads are an issue, especially those with really long running scripts, but Ad block interferes with a lot of the on line games I like to play. And since this is the ONLY site I am having a problem with, at least among those I visit frequently, I'll tough it out.

The ads are an issue, especially those with really long running scripts, but Ad block interferes with a lot of the on line games I like to play. And since this is the ONLY site I am having a problem with, at least among those I visit frequently, I'll tough it out.

Well, when you download an ad block program, there is a little icon on the top of your screen to the right of your address bar. On mine, it looks like a little hand and tells me the number of ads that were blocked. All you do is click on that little hand and it turns the ad blocker on or off like a toggle switch, so if you go to a site where you don't need it, you can easily turn it off and then turn it back on when you come here. :D It's very easy and user friendly little gadget.

I have an ad and script blocker. Intel i7 w/8 gigs of ram but all the video links have to load at least once. It loads much faster after that.

Well, still sick as a dog, day three, fever, deep bronchial cough that doesn't clear anything, I ache all over and my diaphragm, sides and back hurt from coughing. I sleep for an hour at a time propped up, finally called the VA to see if there's anything they can give me so at least I can get some real sleep.
Not to mention I have tons of things to do to get ready for the move and just can't do anything. I hope this breaks soon.

Ringel, see a doctor. With the symptoms you are describing, you obviously need an anti-biotic.
That's why I called the VA and no, I do not have pneumonia. As for an antibiotic this is the flu (a virus) so an antibiotic would be a waste of time unless I develop an infection which I have not, I know what that feels like and I don't have that feeling.
So far it's just a very nasty virus so I'm drinking lots of water and taking extra vitamins as well as ibuprofen for the pain. I have been taking naps throughout the day so I am getting some rest just not the long deep sleep I need.

I can tell, had it once before, I know exactly what it feels like. If I had it I would definitely not be posting here cause I would be 10 times more uncomfortable than I am now, trust me pneumonia is extremely nasty.

My ex-boyfriend worked as a construction worker in the middle of winter for a week with pneumonia because he thought he only had a cold. You really should get checked because there are different types of pneumonia, such as what they refer to as "walking" pneumonia. Also, I type medical reports for a living, so I know for a fact that symptoms can vary dependent upon where and how severe your infection might be. :D

My first career was medical, I was a Dental Tech/Corpsman Assistant in the Navy then worked at a major metropolitan hospital for 10 years not to mention 2 years of premed before I decided I didn't want to be a doctor. I'm very aware of walking pneumonia and what to look for. I don't have it.

I'd run firefox/Bluhell for this site alone, then, If I were you.

My first career was medical, I was a Dental Tech/Corpsman Assistant in the Navy then worked at a major metropolitan hospital for 10 years not to mention 2 years of premed before I decided I didn't want to be a doctor. I'm very aware of walking pneumonia and what to look for. I don't have it.

Well fine, but you are wrong to try and diagnose yourself without a chest x-ray. All infections are different and can react and affect you differently. Experience in the medical field should tell you that much.

For all you who still have middle schoolers and high schoolers at home, I love this:

10422232_10152725859268008_313955290338959887_n.jpg

I got a phone call from myself today. This has happened to me one other time before. Where I get a call, and my caller ID tells me it is my own number calling me. I answer it and say hello? Me, are you there? No answer and after about 30 seconds, it hangs up. Anyone else have this happen to them? I wonder what could cause that? Crossed lines or something?

I got a phone call from myself today. This has happened to me one other time before. Where I get a call, and my caller ID tells me it is my own number calling me. I answer it and say hello? Me, are you there? No answer and after about 30 seconds, it hangs up. Anyone else have this happen to them? I wonder what could cause that? Crossed lines or something?

I think I would have a good long talk with my phone. Or whoever sold it to me. That is a new one on me Chris. I don't believe my phone has ever called me. Sometimes if we hang up on a telemarketer or whatever the phone will ring immediately and the robo call will still be talking.

I think I would have a good long talk with my phone. Or whoever sold it to me. That is a new one on me Chris. I don't believe my phone has ever called me. Sometimes if we hang up on a telemarketer or whatever the phone will ring immediately and the robo call will still be talking.

It's definitely strange. It is my own telephone number calling my own phone. Lol. I have no explanation for how that is possible.

This explains some of it, but I don't know why no one is on the other line.
Maybe the recording takes longer that 30 seconds?
Why is my own phone number calling me - CBS News

This explains some of it, but I don't know why no one is on the other line.
Maybe the recording takes longer that 30 seconds?
Why is my own phone number calling me - CBS News

Both times there was absolute silence on the other end, and then the phone does that busy signal sound and then hangs up. And this is only a couple of seconds into the call. I will answer and say hello a few times, and then I get silence, the busy signal and then hang up. I suppose that could be a possibility, but it doesn't work correctly.

I suppose it is early for some. Right in the middle last two quarters of our school year however. Getting Spring weather this year.
Lots of plans for different getaways around these parts.

Forum List

Back