USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning everybody, what's left of it. Slept in until I wanted to get up again today--sometimes I am able to do that and it does seem to make up for a lot of too-short nights. Still not adjusted to DST and probably won't be for some weeks to come. I wish my biological clock was more flexible.

Blue skies amidst diminishing broken fluffy clouds here--mid 60's today and then high 60's to low 70's with abundant sunshine for the next several days. It sucks but I guess we'll get through it. :)

Today is clean the office and laundry room day and maybe the back bedroom that most needs it. The cleaning crew comes Monday and I have to start getting things cleaned up for them. :)

Coffee is good. Hope everybody is having a splendid weekend.

I'm going to the dump this morning too to take a customer's stuff and the dog park is right there so it's a doggie day as well.

I wish I still had a dog, but one pet allowed and I moved in here with her; my kitty of 13 years, and constant companion, when I am home. She doesn't take her eyes off of me and talks all the time. lol. Cats have an amazing array of voice intonations. We have bonded in the way, dogs and their owners do. For realsies.....:D

Have a great day, Icey, sweetheart. It is finally storming here but not expected to last over two days, then back to sunshine. We have not had a winter. Positive things happened though: people came to the coast and businesses prospered. :thup:
I totally agree on cats talking. They can give answers, ask questions, or just comment in general... :lol: Seriously, their meow will go UP just a person asking a question, and that's what they're doing if you pay attention, and you can ask them a question and they'll meow a response that goes DOWN, just like a person would, or they'll just meow a normal meow as if to just comment. But meows can be short, long, quiet, loud, go up, down, or any combination of all, and in reality, they are TALKING to you, and if you have your little buddy long enough, you WILL know what they're saying. You're just IN TUNE with that little critter. I do like the cats. I think they have such cool personalities.

Dogs just bark... cats talk... :D

Yes I love the way cats talk.
Dogs do too, they just do it with their bodies. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
It's another warm but really windy day here. Gusts up to 30 mph.
I'm glad I don't have to go anywhere today. :)

fun-animals-123.jpg

I'm going to the dump this morning too to take a customer's stuff and the dog park is right there so it's a doggie day as well.

I wish I still had a dog, but one pet allowed and I moved in here with her; my kitty of 13 years, and constant companion, when I am home. She doesn't take her eyes off of me and talks all the time. lol. Cats have an amazing array of voice intonations. We have bonded in the way, dogs and their owners do. For realsies.....:D

Have a great day, Icey, sweetheart. It is finally storming here but not expected to last over two days, then back to sunshine. We have not had a winter. Positive things happened though: people came to the coast and businesses prospered. :thup:
I totally agree on cats talking. They can give answers, ask questions, or just comment in general... :lol: Seriously, their meow will go UP just a person asking a question, and that's what they're doing if you pay attention, and you can ask them a question and they'll meow a response that goes DOWN, just like a person would, or they'll just meow a normal meow as if to just comment. But meows can be short, long, quiet, loud, go up, down, or any combination of all, and in reality, they are TALKING to you, and if you have your little buddy long enough, you WILL know what they're saying. You're just IN TUNE with that little critter. I do like the cats. I think they have such cool personalities.

Ugh, I hate the way our cat 'talks'. She's so damn annoying. When we get her toy mice out from under the stove (where she ends up knocking them every time) she'll walk around, toy mouse in mouth, meowing over and over....and over.....and over. Or if I close my door at night while she's out of my room, again with the meowing over and over. Cats are supposed to be the quiet, self-sufficient pets. We've got enough noise with the dog that barks at nothing. :anj_stfu:

Well it's take a load to the dump day today. Other than that, got no plans. Might just hop in the big red truck and road trip.

I'll be sitting right next to you. Our thighs will be touching. :eusa_angel:

I think you two need to get a room! :lol:

Naw. We ask everybody with issues with other people elsewhere to set them aside when they come to the Coffee Shop, but love, real or pretend, is absolutely okay as are all the other real and pretend just for fun activities that get reported and discussed here. We have medieval knights standing guard from time to time, super heroes, presidents of various organizations that we have declared to exist. And our real lives are pretty varied too. It is what makes the Coffee Shop like no other place. :)

Well it's take a load to the dump day today. Other than that, got no plans. Might just hop in the big red truck and road trip.

Naw. We ask everybody with issues with other people elsewhere to set them aside when they come to the Coffee Shop, but love, real or pretend, is absolutely okay as are all the other real and pretend just for fun activities that get reported and discussed here. We have medieval knights standing guard from time to time, super heroes, presidents of various organizations that we have declared to exist. And our real lives are pretty varied too. It is what makes the Coffee Shop like no other place. :)

I'm only kidding, Foxy. I don't think you get my sense of humor at all. :D I don't mean anything by it . . . just joking around with them and teasing them.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

I'm only kidding, Foxy. I don't think you get my sense of humor at all. :D I don't mean anything by it . . . just joking around with them and teasing them.

I know. I got it. I love your sense of humor and have really REALLY enjoyed getting to know you. But sometimes because we don't have benefit of tone of voice, facial expression, the telling wink, the body language etc. on a message board, I've found it sometimes beneficial to go the second and third mile to make sure somebody doesn't misunderstand our intent. Lord knows I've been on the receiving end of somebody completely misunderstanding me and my intent when I have posted something.

I am staying away from another board I visit only occasionally just for that reason--my intent was misunderstood and my apology/explanation for an unintended insult was not accepted. There are people who won't come to the Coffee Shop now who chose to believe that I insulted them when no insult was intended at all. (Others won't come here because they aren't allowed to dictate to us what we must be. And some, for whatever reason, just don't feel comfortable here or it isn't interesting to them. I can't imagine that but everybody isn't going to love us. And we are accused of all manner of things for which we are in no way guilty.)

But to keep the misunderstandings to a minimum I'm just really cautious. It's gonna happen regardless of how hard we try to avoid it, but oh well. We do the best we can. ((hugs))

Last edited:

I know. I got it. I love your sense of humor and have really REALLY enjoyed getting to know you. But sometimes because we don't have benefit of tone of voice, facial expression, the telling wink, the body language etc. on a message board, I've found it sometimes beneficial to go the second and third mile to make sure somebody doesn't misunderstand our intent. Lord knows I've been on the receiving end of somebody completely misunderstanding me and my intent when I have posted something.

I am staying away from another board I visit only occasionally just for that reason--my intent was misunderstood and my apology/explanation for an unintended insult was not accepted. There are people who won't come to the Coffee Shop now who chose to believe that I insulted them when no insult was intended at all.

So I'm just really cautious. It's gonna happen regardless of how hard to try to avoid it, but oh well. We do the best we can. ((hugs))

Oh, I'm not offended. I just wanted you to understand that I have a strange sense of humor sometimes, I suppose, and I enjoy being silly. :D

I just noticed that Nosmo hasn't posted in several days. Hope he's okay and just busy. I don't worry as much about those who don't live alone, but when folks disappear without a word like Becki and Sheila, for example, it is a concern.

The weather here lately has been just terrific. I would say that 95% of our snow has melted away with a few patching holding on for dear life. It's truly going to be spring at last. That calls for free coffee today compliments of yours truly. Have a doughnut too!

Our cats definitely talked but so did our last little dog. He had a muffled little woof he used for having fun or speaking to the squirrel on the back deck His bark was definitely distinctively different when he was announcing a potential threat compared to somebody he loved was at the door, or the one he used to get our attention when he needed to go out and still another, coupled with him rattling his water dish, to tell us it needed to be refilled. There were different little whines too--one for OMG there is something terribly interesting out there I would like to go inspect--one for I wish you would hurry up with what you're doing and let's go for the walk or ride you promised--one for "Mom! I have a sticker in my paw" and the one for "You're in the bathroom without me."

If you have a perfectly round key lime pie and you divide the circumference by the diameter you end up with key lime pi.......you can have your pi and eat it too...

If you have a perfectly round key lime pie and you divide the circumference by the diameter you end up with key lime pi.......you can have your pi and eat it too...

Splendid. Especially since key lime pie is in my top five favorite desserts. :)

And a warm Coffee Shop welcome to you TyroneSlothrop. If you haven't already done so, be sure to scan over the OP to get the gist of what the Coffee Shop is all about and then join right in. As you have already done. :) You'll find other active Floridians here--are you in Miami?

Your first timers complimentary beverage:

latte.jpg

Splendid. Especially since key lime pie is in my top five favorite desserts. :)

And a warm Coffee Shop welcome to you TyroneSlothrop. If you haven't already done so, be sure to scan over the OP to get the gist of what the Coffee Shop is all about and then join right in. As you have already done. :) You'll find other active Floridians here--are you in Miami?

Your first timers complimentary beverage:

latte.jpg
Yes Miami, They had a key lime pie on sale because of pi day(?) and I got it...to complete the circle so to speak...

Forum List

Back