USMB Coffee Shop IV

The Volcano movie I think you're thinking of was entitled "Volcano" and was about a volcano that erupted in the heart of L.A.--Tommy Lee Jones and Anne Heche. It is in my movie library but I give that one only 2 stars. It starts off as a great movie, but runs out of plot real fast and from then on it is just special effects and run for your life kinds of scenes and lost its appeal for me.
Anne Heche you say? I could watch it. I could make her go straight too!

I didn't post that...

...and I have no clue who those actors are.

I got a kick out of this: "...It is in my movie library...."

My library has nothing in it but things called "books."

No I posted the info about the "Volcano" movie--the nesting apparently got messed up in the multi-quote feature.

I have probaby a couple of hundred movies on DVD and a few dozen on VHS tapes. But that library is dwarfed by my book library.

Well, still sick as a dog, day three, fever, deep bronchial cough that doesn't clear anything, I ache all over and my diaphragm, sides and back hurt from coughing. I sleep for an hour at a time propped up, finally called the VA to see if there's anything they can give me so at least I can get some real sleep.
Not to mention I have tons of things to do to get ready for the move and just can't do anything. I hope this breaks soon.

Well, still sick as a dog, day three, fever, deep bronchial cough that doesn't clear anything, I ache all over and my diaphragm, sides and back hurt from coughing. I sleep for an hour at a time propped up, finally called the VA to see if there's anything they can give me so at least I can get some real sleep.
Not to mention I have tons of things to do to get ready for the move and just can't do anything. I hope this breaks soon.

Maybe you have pneumonia?

You might need antibiotics.

And good morning everybody. It's trying really hard to rain here but I don't think it is going to get it done. We have pretty much a free Friday for a change. Now I have to decide if I want to be productive or play all day.

Oh well I don't have to think about that now. I'll think about that later.

As for music, you really have to go back to the 60's, 70's, and 80's to find truly wonderful strong melodies, great lyrics, and instrumentation. Nothing that has been produced since can compare.

Ringel, see a doctor. With the symptoms you are describing, you obviously need an anti-biotic.

And good morning everybody. It's trying really hard to rain here but I don't think it is going to get it done. We have pretty much a free Friday for a change. Now I have to decide if I want to be productive or play all day.

Oh well I don't have to think about that now. I'll think about that later.

As for music, you really have to go back to the 60's, 70's, and 80's to find truly wonderful strong melodies, great lyrics, and instrumentation. Nothing that has been produced since can compare.

That's not true at all. There are a lot of good bands out there. Some of the guitar work of today is just amazing. You may not like that genre of music, but that doesn't mean there is no talent out there.

Ringel, see a doctor. With the symptoms you are describing, you obviously need an anti-biotic.
That's why I called the VA and no, I do not have pneumonia. As for an antibiotic this is the flu (a virus) so an antibiotic would be a waste of time unless I develop an infection which I have not, I know what that feels like and I don't have that feeling.
So far it's just a very nasty virus so I'm drinking lots of water and taking extra vitamins as well as ibuprofen for the pain. I have been taking naps throughout the day so I am getting some rest just not the long deep sleep I need.

That's why I called the VA and no, I do not have pneumonia. As for an antibiotic this is the flu (a virus) so an antibiotic would be a waste of time unless I develop an infection which I have not, I know what that feels like and I don't have that feeling.
So far it's just a very nasty virus so I'm drinking lots of water and taking extra vitamins as well as ibuprofen for the pain. I have been taking naps throughout the day so I am getting some rest just not the long deep sleep I need.

They can't tell if you have pneumonia or not without doing a chest x-ray. :D

Dang, I had to go to the first page to post. Y'all locked up my browser with all the videos.
What browser do you use? I use Google Chrome and never have a problem with videos.
I have that but mostly use Firefox. It plays the videos just fine but there was too many links and took a long time to load. I don't have the fastest net speed available. It's hard to party with you high rollers. :banana:

They can't tell if you have pneumonia or not without doing a chest x-ray. :D
I can tell, had it once before, I know exactly what it feels like. If I had it I would definitely not be posting here cause I would be 10 times more uncomfortable than I am now, trust me pneumonia is extremely nasty.

You cannot tell me these guys are not talented as hell. This is live and unplugged.

Not as bad to my ears as the heavy metal stuff, but I'm just not feeling it Chris. Sorry. To me he sounds off his note a lot of the time--especially on the first song. And it is still music without melody to me. Good drum and guitar work though.

Dang, I had to go to the first page to post. Y'all locked up my browser with all the videos.
What browser do you use? I use Google Chrome and never have a problem with videos.
I have that but mostly use Firefox. It plays the videos just fine but there was too many links and took a long time to load. I don't have the fastest net speed available. It's hard to party with you high rollers. :banana:

Join the club with a lot of us. :) I have very good net speed but my computer doesn't play well with USMB's new software. Lightning fast at other sites and sometimes like slogging through molasses here. It is sometimes very annoying and frustrating, but I work around it. So we'll all just party on. We're all worth it. :)

Morning !

funny-work-on-friday.jpg

Especially on Friday the 13th. :biggrin:

Soon, the new and largest sized Chromebook will arrive ( ACER 15.6 inch ) and that is about the size it should look. ( in the picture ) It will join my 13.3 inch Toshiba Chromebook and my Windows-7 desktop PC and soon every room will have it's own access to the world...:lol:

After the cable company raised my rate by $40.00 a month, coming to more than $200.00, I said disconnect me from cable and enable local access only. Much less per month and being a person who watches little TV, the withdrawal shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks. Will miss the two DVR's though, but little of quality to DVR, anymore. :(

When Comcast raised our rates over $200 (we're bundled with phone, internet, and cable) I called them and advised that we were going to have to figure out something or we would be looking elsewhere for service. They immediately dropped our bill almost $50/month and included Starz at no additional charge.

I love the DVR to zap the commercials in the few programs we do watch. And I love HD, but it isn't worth money that we need for groceries or to keep the lights on.

The thing that amazes me is that of all the hundreds of free movies Comcast/Xfinity offers every month plus Starz, Encore, HBO (we're getting HBO free for three months due to our last billing dispute :)), there are maybe a half dozen out of the whole lot that we actually want to watch. And that's pathetic.

Good afternoon everyone! I hope everyone is having a great day thus far.

Does anybody have any fun plans for the weekend? My schedule is pretty much clear so I plan on poking around the yard and cleaning up some of the winter debris and bits of rubbish that have been revealed as a result of the melting snow. A nice peaceful weekend is exactly what the doctor ordered. It seems my back is back on track so I am quite please to have my mobility again. Cheers!

Last edited:

Join the club with a lot of us. :) I have very good net speed but my computer doesn't play well with USMB's new software. Lightning fast at other sites and sometimes like slogging through molasses here. It is sometimes very annoying and frustrating, but I work around it. So we'll all just party on. We're all worth it. :)
Foxy! Please switch to Firefox and download BluHell Firewall. It stops ads and scripts that slowed me down to a crawl here when they first changed over. As far as I know, there is nothing as effective for IE or Chrome

OK got to get ready to head in to open up. Seems like I just left there. I was home just after 4 AM, in bed by 5 and up at 11. Slept pretty good. Only up with cramps once about 8.

Foxy! Please switch to Firefox and download BluHell Firewall. It stops ads and scripts that slowed me down to a crawl here when they first changed over. As far as I know, there is nothing as effective for IE or Chrome

I tried Firefox Ernie and didn't like it. I love IE for the user friendly nature of it, how it fills in so many of the blanks for me and offers ease of re-entering places I frequent after I do a thorough scrub of my computer. And for me, it is faster than Firefox and Bing has such pretty pictures for its backgrounds. :)

Forum List

Back