USMB Coffee Shop IV

You're probably right about the goats, but these goats definitely ate the grass, weeds, and whatever else grew out there. There weren't any ornamental shrubs or things like that to bother. And the vegetable garden was fenced off.
Goats are amazing. I dated a nurse and her friends at work kept passing this goat around. He would eat everything, including the bramble (thorny dense blackberry plant) and when everything was down to the nub they would give him to someone else. It was like petting a wooden statue too.

When I first read this, I thought you were going to say "Goats are amazing. I dated a goat . .. . " :lol:

Doesn't everybody have an image in their head of what an 'old goat' looks like? :)

Mmmm mmmm good Happy St Patrick's eve day....

AA9tppo.img

And back atcha Tyrone. That looks really good. Does the dish have an official name?

It is the eve of St Patty's Day isn't it. I'll have to change my avatar after tomorrow, but everybody dust off their best Irish jokes for tomorrow.
Corned Beef Hash
This recipe is a two-step process, but nothing about it is difficult. Start by cooking the beef the day before (if you also want to have it for dinner that night, just double the recipe). It’s chilled overnight, becoming even more flavorful. The next day, shred the cooked corned beef and throw the hash together, then bask in your accomplishment.

Also try: Corned beef and tomato pies

You don’t have to be Irish to appreciate corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, and a good, hearty stout. This roundup of our favorite Irish-inspired recipes makes us wish it was St. Patrick’s Day all year long.

I always have corned beef and cabbage for St. Patty's. :) I don't really like cabbage much though. I put a lot of vinegar on it.

AA9tppo.img

And back atcha Tyrone. That looks really good. Does the dish have an official name?

It is the eve of St Patty's Day isn't it. I'll have to change my avatar after tomorrow, but everybody dust off their best Irish jokes for tomorrow.
Corned Beef Hash
This recipe is a two-step process, but nothing about it is difficult. Start by cooking the beef the day before (if you also want to have it for dinner that night, just double the recipe). It’s chilled overnight, becoming even more flavorful. The next day, shred the cooked corned beef and throw the hash together, then bask in your accomplishment.

You don’t have to be Irish to appreciate corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, and a good, hearty stout. This roundup of our favorite Irish-inspired recipes makes us wish it was St. Patrick’s Day all year long.

Ah okay. It really does look good and I probably would like it. I don't care for the canned version at all. My favorite way to eat corned beef is in a great Reuben sandwich. But I'll save the recipe for the hash.

AA9tppo.img

Corned Beef Hash

Ah okay. It really does look good and I probably would like it. I don't care for the canned version at all. My favorite way to eat corned beef is in a great Reuben sandwich.

I don't use canned meat ever. Blech!

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava

AA9tppo.img

Corned Beef Hash

I always have corned beef and cabbage for St. Patty's. :) I don't really like cabbage much though. I put a lot of vinegar on it.

I do that with spinach, the more vinegar on it the better. :)
I also don't like cooked cabbage. Love the corned beef and potato's, carrots.

AA9tppo.img

Corned Beef Hash

Our daughter doesn't like anything made with cabbage and I don't know why because the rest of us all do like most cabbage dishes. Our son won't eat kraut but does like cabbage other ways.

Sometimes I just steam wedges of cabbage, then liberally salt and pepper them and serve as a side veggie. We consume that with great gusto.

AA9tppo.img

Corned Beef Hash

Ah okay. It really does look good and I probably would like it. I don't care for the canned version at all. My favorite way to eat corned beef is in a great Reuben sandwich.

it was something new :p

seems like it could be a "filler" for meat pies.

You're probably right about the goats, but these goats definitely ate the grass, weeds, and whatever else grew out there. There weren't any ornamental shrubs or things like that to bother. And the vegetable garden was fenced off.
Goats are amazing. I dated a nurse and her friends at work kept passing this goat around. He would eat everything, including the bramble (thorny dense blackberry plant) and when everything was down to the nub they would give him to someone else. It was like petting a wooden statue too.

When I first read this, I thought you were going to say "Goats are amazing. I dated a goat . .. . " :lol:

Doesn't everybody have an image in their head of what an 'old goat' looks like? :)

Maybe like this????

2b71237cb047728221f3e4b674dbda306df09e6826ce990f08df763697241cc5.jpg

AA9tppo.img

Corned Beef Hash

I do that with spinach, the more vinegar on it the better. :)
I also don't like cooked cabbage. Love the corned beef and potato's, carrots.

Me too. Spinach is nasty cooked alone. I can have it mixed with things. I love spinach, cheese and artichoke dip. MY GOD, that is SO delicious. I can also eat spinach quiche and most things that have spinach in them, just not alone.

Cabbage is just kind of slimy and not that great, IMO. My mother used to make me eat it on St. Patrick's day though, lol, so I would drown it in vinegar and now I can tolerate it with vinegar on it. :)

AA9tppo.img

Corned Beef Hash

I suppose. Still, meat out of a can is kind of disgusting, IMO.

Maybe like this????

2b71237cb047728221f3e4b674dbda306df09e6826ce990f08df763697241cc5.jpg

LOL. He might be some people's image of an 'old goat' but no, Phil doesn't quite fit the image I have in my head of what an 'old goat' looks like. It isn't something I can describe but I know it when I see it. :)

Corned Beef Hash

I suppose. Still, meat out of a can is kind of disgusting, IMO.

Unless it is tuna fish or Spam. And there is a chipped beef in gravy we use sometimes to make open face hot beef sandwiches. Also canned white chicken chunks work well to make a quick chicken salad with apples, grapes, and a good dressing.

Got the RV out and drove it around for a bit so the fluids could circulate after being shut down all winter. Noticed a small section of outside molding was just hanging near the driver's door. Checked it out and it appears that when it was put onto the RV body the screws weren't long enough. A simple fix. Haven't decided yet if I will drive the RV to NC next month when my brother gets married or drive the Avalanche and stay in hotels. Anyway, regardless of what I decide, it's time to begin to get the RV ready to hit the road to someplace.

Got the RV out and drove it around for a bit so the fluids could circulate after being shut down all winter. Noticed a small section of outside molding was just hanging near the driver's door. Checked it out and it appears that when it was put onto the RV body the screws weren't long enough. A simple fix. Haven't decided yet if I will drive the RV to NC next month when my brother gets married or drive the Avalanche and stay in hotels. Anyway, regardless of what I decide, it's time to begin to get the RV ready to hit the road to someplace.

Do you really enjoy traveling with the RV? We have a LOT of relatives who have them and thoroughly enjoy using them--one nephew and wife belong to an RV club that travels together all over the USA and Canada.

But me? If I'm gonna vacation, it loses some of its allure if I have to buy and stock groceries, take out the trash, clean up, make beds, vacuum, and al that stuff. That's what I take a vacation to get away from. :) Give me a nice hotel with pool and other amenities, good food in a restaurant, and at least a bit of pampering.

Forum List

Back