USMB Coffee Shop IV

The sun is right now ( 8:30am PT ) streaming in my windows after two days of my favorite kind of weather, soft rain, mist, medium winds and that fresh smell of the sea.
I poured here all weekend and cancelled all my outdoor plans. I got about 5" in a 5 gallon bucket, even for us mossbacks that's a lot.

Hey there, Icey. :) Yes the weather in the PNW over the weekend didn't lend itself to outdoor activities, but it sure looked good, as the mist lay between the various sized trees outside my windows. Work is often good too, in that kind of weather as people drive to the coast and since they can't go to the beaches for sun and surf, they hit the stores. :D :thup: I love to say, Welcome, as they stroll in.

Hey everybody. If you object to somebody's post to the extent you think it needs moderating, please report the post and do not comment on it in the thread. This is a request from admin and they will do their job. Thanks.

Daniel I will request that you review the OP for the Coffee Shop. You are welcome here if you understand and stick with the spirit of the Coffee Shop. Those who cannot do so, whether right, left, up, down, conservative, liberal, or accordian players should just find other things to do. Thank you for understanding.

And we have members in the Coffee Shop who are beloved and exemplary members of all political, religious, and social persuasions. I don't want anybody to ever feel unwelcome here just because we don't share their views out there on the other forums. The purpose of the Coffee Shop is to leave all that out there and just enjoy and encourage and support and share with each other in here.

Last edited:
Hey everybody. If you object to somebody's post to the extent you think it needs moderating, please report the post and do not comment on it in the thread. This is a request from admin and they will do their job. Thanks.

Chris started it with this pussy shot.
91aa70ea5d393aec34f8aad3982598b3.jpg

body paint is an article of covering, if not clothing.

why does the right have more of a problem with human sexuality in modern times, than with a timeless, abomination of hypocrisy.

in any Case, it is body Art and that form of expression in this semi-political venue.

I recommend a venture to test this hypothesis with a liquor license.
Item #2, we don't discuss politics in the CS, so your mention of "the right" is not in compliance with our code of conduct.

I realize you're doing this just to see what you can get away with. Well, we will see...

MODS... tell me "BARE NIPPLE" and "FEMALE VAGINA" are ACCEPTABLE on USMB... now look closely, and you DENY you don't see BARE NIPPLE and PUSSY...

.. tell me you can't see this woman's nipple, WITHOUT paint on it...

... and then tell me you don't see pussy...

... body art my ass. This is NUDITY, as plain as it gets, and this TROLL is doing it JUST TO TROLL, it's as obvious as anything else that's ever been done by TROLLS in here. This one just got his ears pinned back and a post removed, so he's back to see just WHAT he CAN get away with to be disruptive.

C'mon mods, get a damn clue. Stop turning a blind eye to all the LIBERAL trash on here for one minute.
Then, stop trying to be so, politically correct, in this allegedly, non-political thread.
You're not fooling ANYONE, asshole. I know why you posted the picture, and I know why you're here.

You're lucky too, because this board has a long history of coddling liberals and letting them get away with murder, all while leaning hard on the conservatives. It would appear it's happening again.

This board's administration never seems to disappoint me.

Of course tonight will really be 21:46:53

Well technically yes, but it won't look like that on my clocks. :)

Took us forever to get our microwave to show the time in anything other than military time.
All of my digital clocks have displayed military time since I got to work 12 hours early one time. Could have sworn my head had just hit the pillow, but it was 7:25 and I had to be at work at 8. I was working 16 on and 16 off 7 days a week at the time and had lost all track of morning vs. evening.

Mine do too -- I just don't call it "military" since it's not related to that.
I've used 24h displays since I lived in Europe, where it's normal. Helps you get on the right train for one thing.

But digital clocks carry another hazard:
One time I had gone to another city for a period of work; drove in the day before and settled in my crash pad where I would be the next week. The first morning, my eyes opened, hadn't heard an alarm but I saw daylight coming in the window. Hmm, should I be seeing sunlight berfore I get up? Having traveled to a different time zone I wasn't sure, so I looked at my alarm clock...

"8:09".

"8:09?? :ack-1:

Shit! I'm supposed to be onsite at 8! How does this happen!? I never heard an alarm!"
I frantically get up, turn the lights on, grab my clothes, start thinking about how I'm going to explain...

then I pick up the alarm clock again to see what went wrong...

"6:08"

I was reading it upside down.

:banghead:

LOL. I don't know if everybody will admit it, but I would bet a good steak dinner that there isn't a single one of us who at one time or another didn't arrive early or late for something important just because we read the clock wrong. :)

:lmao: On boy, I DO have a story. Ten years ago, early in the morning, I was bathing and dressing for work and in the process of doing my hair, when the phone rang. After I said, hello, my manager asked in a firm voice, where are you? I said, I'm obviously right here at home, and I am getting ready to come to work in about an hour. He said, you should have been here an hour ago. :ack-1: I had set the clocks in the wrong direction and I almost fainted when he told me that.

If you knew what a disciplined person I am and how few mistakes I make, you would get a kick out of this story, and when I walked into work, after driving way too fast to get there, the manager and another employee were breaking up laughing and my hair was a mess, and my face was :redface:.

Twice a year, since then, and as I am changing the time on 7 clocks, I think of that shocking morning and make sure I am changing these darn,( but beautiful ) clocks, the correct way...lol

Daniel I will request that you review the OP for the Coffee Shop. You are welcome here if you understand and stick with the spirit of the Coffee Shop. Those who cannot do so, whether right, left, up, down, conservative, liberal, or accordian players should just find other things to do. Thank you for understanding.

And we have members in the Coffee Shop who are beloved and exemplary members of all political, religious, and social persuasions. I don't want anybody to ever feel unwelcome here just because we don't share their views out there on the other forums. The purpose of the Coffee Shop is to leave all that out there and just enjoy and encourage and support and share with each other in here.
Sorry... I didn't realize "DANIEL" was your new buddy.

body paint is an article of covering, if not clothing.

why does the right have more of a problem with human sexuality in modern times, than with a timeless, abomination of hypocrisy.

in any Case, it is body Art and that form of expression in this semi-political venue.

I recommend a venture to test this hypothesis with a liquor license.
Item #2, we don't discuss politics in the CS, so your mention of "the right" is not in compliance with our code of conduct.

I realize you're doing this just to see what you can get away with. Well, we will see...

MODS... tell me "BARE NIPPLE" and "FEMALE VAGINA" are ACCEPTABLE on USMB... now look closely, and you DENY you don't see BARE NIPPLE and PUSSY...

.. tell me you can't see this woman's nipple, WITHOUT paint on it...

... and then tell me you don't see pussy...

... body art my ass. This is NUDITY, as plain as it gets, and this TROLL is doing it JUST TO TROLL, it's as obvious as anything else that's ever been done by TROLLS in here. This one just got his ears pinned back and a post removed, so he's back to see just WHAT he CAN get away with to be disruptive.

C'mon mods, get a damn clue. Stop turning a blind eye to all the LIBERAL trash on here for one minute.
Then, stop trying to be so, politically correct, in this allegedly, non-political thread.
You're not fooling ANYONE, asshole. I know why you posted the picture, and I know why you're here.

You're lucky too, because this board has a long history of coddling liberals and letting them get away with murder, all while leaning hard on the conservatives. It would appear it's happening again.

This board's administration never seems to disappoint me.
Yes, maybe, they have more of a problem with the abomination of hypocrisy than they do with human sexuality in our modern, Information Age.

Sorry, i didn't realize the abominable snowman was related; i was wondering why he said i should not feel bad for not being invited.

75 and clear as a bell in Foley at 11 AM, headed for 80. Poker tonight at Doc's, if anyone is interested...
We lost a bartender, so again, everyone has to step up with extra shifts. Max is still a week or 2 from getting back behind the bar, but staying off of the foot has allowed him to heal up faster than the doctor had expected. The PIC line is out, stitches are out, but he can't put his brace/special shoe on yet.
You should see the man on crutches! Amazing! He can walk crutches up stairs one step per arm and run faster than he can without the sticks.
He did have nearly 3 years experience after his wreck...

Saturday I found myself in my basement doing battle with a monster made of cardboard. One of my many bad habits is merely tossing boxes from Amazon or Upton Tea or TCM Video into the basement without regard to disposal. Saturday I got my comeuppance. I waded into the cardboard tsunami, utility knife in hand. I cut every box into pieces no bigger than 8 1/2 x11 inches and layered them in one of the bigger boxes. Once that was full, I grabbed the biggest box and repeated the cut and layer procedure until all the errant cardboard, packing peanuts, Christmas junk and other flotsam and jetsam was cleared. Two trips to the recycling dumpsters later and I had cut through enough detritus to have enough room to fit the four poster bed that was delivered Sunday.

The bed, shown here:

resize

is unfinished Poplar. It looks like a pile of bones in my basement. I thought of finishing it in a black stain, but then I thought of how the dust would show on the top section that supports a canopy (that piece is known as a 'tester'). So now I'm thinking of a rich red wild cherry stain.

Next up, my cabinet maker is building two of these night stands:

resize

Meanwhile, I still have one closet to demolish, I have to frame up the new closets, install the safe, the cedar closet lining, the LED lighting and door switches, drywall the outside, install the dresser (which has the final color on it), install the bead board wainscoting, trim out the ceiling with the race track detail, wallpaper and paint.

As it turned out, I picked the worst time of year and the worst winter ever to do this infernal project. Here it is nearly St. Patrick's Day and I thought I'd be finished a week ago.

It all looks great Nosmo, and so happy you reported back in. I had wondered how your project was going. I know you opted to not have the canopy and there's the aesthetic part of me that thinks that is too bad, but I do understand why the choice was made both from the expense and the logistics angle.

Pondering the nightstands. They really do go well with the rest of the project. I prefer the kind that have bigger drawers and no space underneath, but whatever works.

Good morning everybody. I like Mondays too since I'm retired. We need them to rest up from the weekends which are usually our more hectic times now. This Monday is the day the house cleaners come though and Hombre and I were up early emptying waste receptacles, clearing out the drainer in the sink, tossing out all the catalogues and newspapers that pile up over several days, and otherwise putting the house in condition so we can pretend we are neat and orderly people all the time. :)

I wish we weren't such pack rats though. Our life would be simpler if we just had the courage to get rid of stuff that we never use or wear or even look at any more. But there's always that nagging worry in the back of our head that we might need it at some time. . . .
I went through my dresser and two closets and took almost 60 shirts to St Vinny's. Now I have some room in my dresser. I know I gave away T-shirts I hadn't worn in 10 years, so why keep them?

But....but....but.....you might need to wear them tomorrow or in August or. . . .

Look, Daniel, people come here to get away from controversy for a while. You have brought the same shit to the Coffee Shop that you bring to the rest of the board. Cut the shit or go hang out in one of the other social threads.

The sun is right now ( 8:30am PT ) streaming in my windows after two days of my favorite kind of weather, soft rain, mist, medium winds and that fresh smell of the sea.
I poured here all weekend and cancelled all my outdoor plans. I got about 5" in a 5 gallon bucket, even for us mossbacks that's a lot.

You guys needed the moisture though didn't you? Or does the western drought extend into Washington State?

Good morning everybody. I like Mondays too since I'm retired. We need them to rest up from the weekends which are usually our more hectic times now. This Monday is the day the house cleaners come though and Hombre and I were up early emptying waste receptacles, clearing out the drainer in the sink, tossing out all the catalogues and newspapers that pile up over several days, and otherwise putting the house in condition so we can pretend we are neat and orderly people all the time. :)

I wish we weren't such pack rats though. Our life would be simpler if we just had the courage to get rid of stuff that we never use or wear or even look at any more. But there's always that nagging worry in the back of our head that we might need it at some time. . . .

Thanks Foxy and a very good morning to you, as well. Sounds like a busy day ahead for you..lol. I hoard nothing, disposing of it if I haven't used it within a year or two, if not sooner, depending.

The sun is right now ( 8:30am PT ) streaming in my windows after two days of my favorite kind of weather, soft rain, mist, medium winds and that fresh smell of the sea. People everywhere here suffering form different degrees of allergies as our tree pollen has been high to extremely high, for weeks. I don't have allergies so I am happy to be breathing normally.

Those dang birds from last year, arrived this morning and started their singing spree at 7:am which is fine but last year they started daily around 4-4:30 in the am and they are close and loud enough to awaken a bear, so I am hoping they stick to the schedule of this fine morning and let me get a good night's sleep for the rest of the season. :eusa_pray:

May you and Hombre make a fantastic day! :D

I'm wavering here. I can appreciate how anybody doesn't wish to be awakened at 4:30 a.m. and I love to sleep with the windows open too. But. . . .there's a lot worse things to be awakened by than birdsong.

This is a puzzler. . . . .

Thanks Foxy and a very good morning to you, as well. Sounds like a busy day ahead for you..lol. I hoard nothing, disposing of it if I haven't used it within a year or two, if not sooner, depending.

The sun is right now ( 8:30am PT ) streaming in my windows after two days of my favorite kind of weather, soft rain, mist, medium winds and that fresh smell of the sea. People everywhere here suffering form different degrees of allergies as our tree pollen has been high to extremely high, for weeks. I don't have allergies so I am happy to be breathing normally.

Those dang birds from last year, arrived this morning and started their singing spree at 7:am which is fine but last year they started daily around 4-4:30 in the am and they are close and loud enough to awaken a bear, so I am hoping they stick to the schedule of this fine morning and let me get a good night's sleep for the rest of the season. :eusa_pray:

I'm wavering here. I can appreciate how anybody doesn't wish to be awakened at 4:30 a.m. and I love to sleep with the windows open too. But. . . .there's a lot worse things to be awakened by than birdsong.

What a pitiful response. I shall delete my post. Being awakened too early by anything extraneous, is considered noise to me! Boy, what a nasty place I came to, in good spirits today.

Sorry, i didn't realize the abominable snowman was related; i was wondering why he said i should not feel bad for not being invited.

One person's opinion does not reflect the whole in the Coffee Shop. We come here to be friends, not adversaries. And we ask everybody to leave their sociopolitical and religious convictions outside the door. There are some who come here specifically to see if they can stir up shit and sometimes they do because we're all human. But it is rare that happens and we deal with it.

So again if you want to be a part of the Coffee Shop crowd, you are as welcome as anybody else. But you really do need to adapt your posting style to one that is suitable for the purpose of the Coffee Shop.

You guys needed the moisture though didn't you? Or does the western drought extend into Washington State?
Yes, i love moisture. :p

What a pitiful response. I shall delete my post. Being awakened too early by anything extraneous, is considered noise to me! Boy, what a nasty place I came to, in good spirits today.

AquaAthena I did not in any way intend to offend. I am so sorry if I came across that way. It was intended to be light hearted and a fun thing. Please forgive me for being insensitive. It was not intended that way at all. . .

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
Hey there, Icey. :) Yes the weather in the PNW over the weekend didn't lend itself to outdoor activities, but it sure looked good, as the mist lay between the various sized trees outside my windows. Work is often good too, in that kind of weather as people drive to the coast and since they can't go to the beaches for sun and surf, they hit the stores. :D :thup: I love to say, Welcome, as they stroll in.
I do like the coast, the Oregon coast is the best! Further south the better it gets. I have a lot of shots over the years, Bandon is my favorite. But like many artsy places the money moves in and the artists move to the outskirts. Carmel was a really good example, I had to rent a small room by someone's swimming pool!

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava

Forum List

Back