USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning Ernie and everybody. Wow, everybody must be sleeping in this morning. A little unexpected rain overnight here. They're forecasting it now though so we probably won't get anymore.

A rather uneventful day planned for us today and I'm ready for one. Our garbage disposal sprung a leak yesterday, and with Hombre's physical limitations he just didn't think he could get under the sink to take care of it. So our HVAC guy had some free time and came over to change it out for us. The old one still worked but it was badly corroded as was the pipe leading into it, but it's all fixed now. Another expense we didn't need though but we love our HVAC guy so we were happy he could accept the business.

I love it when the merchants we depend on become friends. :)

Hoping everybody has a splendid day today.
The hose leading to it is the dishwasher drain. It probably just needed to be tightened. Disposals don't come with dishwasher lines so if it doesn't leak now that was the problem.

Good morning Ernie and everybody. Wow, everybody must be sleeping in this morning. A little unexpected rain overnight here. They're forecasting it now though so we probably won't get anymore.

A rather uneventful day planned for us today and I'm ready for one. Our garbage disposal sprung a leak yesterday, and with Hombre's physical limitations he just didn't think he could get under the sink to take care of it. So our HVAC guy had some free time and came over to change it out for us. The old one still worked but it was badly corroded as was the pipe leading into it, but it's all fixed now. Another expense we didn't need though but we love our HVAC guy so we were happy he could accept the business.

I love it when the merchants we depend on become friends. :)

Hoping everybody has a splendid day today.
The hose leading to it is the dishwasher drain. It probably just needed to be tightened. Disposals don't come with dishwasher lines so if it doesn't leak now that was the problem.

No it definitely had a leak. As did the water lines connected to it. It needed to be replaced.

I don't want to bring up anything political regarding the story, but have you seen the story about the woman who had a fetus cut out of her after answering an ad on craigslist? Why does that site seem to attract the crazies?

I don't want to bring up anything political regarding the story, but have you seen the story about the woman who had a fetus cut out of her after answering an ad on craigslist? Why does that site seem to attract the crazies?

You think there are more crazies on CL than on Ebay or any of the other auction sites? Or even on message boards? I was in AOL chatrooms with Timothy McVeigh long before he did the OKC bombing. Let's face it. The anonymity of the internet gives a lot of opportunity for nutcases to have access to people they normally would never have. And we do need to remind ourselves that at least some common sense caution is advisable always.

Listen, I dunked my Sawzall blade in whisky and held my Zippo lighter to it for almost a whole minute. She was as safe as can be.

You think there are more crazies on CL than on Ebay or any of the other auction sites? Or even on message boards? I was in AOL chatrooms with Timothy McVeigh long before he did the OKC bombing. Let's face it. The anonymity of the internet gives a lot of opportunity for nutcases to have access to people they normally would never have. And we do need to remind ourselves that at least some common sense caution is advisable always.

Well, I would think most auction sites, like ebay, don't usually have any fact-to-face contact between buyer and seller. Is craigslist just that much more popular than any other site of its kind that these kinds of stories are bound to come from it? I don't use craiglist or any other site like it, I don't know if there is much competition when it comes to that kind of thing.

Well, I would think most auction sites, like ebay, don't usually have any fact-to-face contact between buyer and seller. Is craigslist just that much more popular than any other site of its kind that these kinds of stories are bound to come from it? I don't use craiglist or any other site like it, I don't know if there is much competition when it comes to that kind of thing.

I honestly don't know Montro. CL does have a reputation for attracting crazies but some people think it is better than ebay because there's less red tape, no fees, etc. But there are those who favor ebay too. A pretty good discussion on it at Mamapedia. Just type in Ebay vs Craigs list in your browser to get to it. Don't know if it is legal to post a link to that site though it isn't a message board as such.

One of the suggestions there though is do not agree to meet anybody at your house or workplace. Pick a very public place, even a police station parking lot, to meet.

I honestly don't know Montro. CL does have a reputation for attracting crazies but some people think it is better than ebay because there's less red tape, no fees, etc. But there are those who favor ebay too. A pretty good discussion on it at Mamapedia. Just type in Ebay vs Craigs list in your browser to get to it. Don't know if it is legal to post a link to that site though it isn't a message board as such.

One of the suggestions there though is do not agree to meet anybody at your house or workplace. Pick a very public place, even a police station parking lot, to meet.

The article I read about this current incident said that some police departments are providing safe zones for transactions between online participants to take place. Sad that they are needed, but probably a good idea.

136078-Smile-Tomorrow-Is-Friday.jpg

The local grocery had a fire sale on strawberries - $1.69 for a pound. A tad under ripe, so I just loaded on more sugar. BUT - not a shortcake or pound cake in the store.

So... I bought a box of Twinkies. :thup:

If I could only have 2 foods on a deserted island for a month, it would be strawberries and peanut butter.:banana:

Popcorn and peaches for me.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's mom for healing and relief from pain,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Save and Mrs. L in adversity,
Chris in transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Ernie's friend and colleague Max,
Noomi!!!
Ernie for wellness, rest, and extra strength,
Ringel for wellness, rest, and extra strength,
Those in the dangerous cold zones,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Sheila and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

87515c783fbf13298131b48894f74b73.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

I go barefoot. Socks make my feet hot. I HATE hot feet. Problem is, I now have two small holes in the bottom of both feet from stepping on something that I can't see so either i got whatever it was out and it just won't heal, or its buried deep in the fatty part of the bottom of my foot. So, I am doomed with uggs...and its too damn hot for uggs.
Ummm...what are uggs?

I go barefoot. Socks make my feet hot. I HATE hot feet. Problem is, I now have two small holes in the bottom of both feet from stepping on something that I can't see so either i got whatever it was out and it just won't heal, or its buried deep in the fatty part of the bottom of my foot. So, I am doomed with uggs...and its too damn hot for uggs.
Ummm...what are uggs?

uggs.jpg

Ouch. I know all about yucca plants. Hate 'em. Glad you got the airplane back though. Years ago, Ma used to by sis and my hubbys those gas helicopter toys for xmas presents. Kept the guys outside all damn day trying to get them to fly and us gals could just kick back and not have to entertain them so they wouldn't be bored. And yes, they got them to fly eventually..but always managed to land them in the yuccas Ma kept in the yard for some stupid reason.
Not nearly as bad as cholla cactus.

Ummm...what are uggs?

uggs.jpg
I can see why they're called uggs. I prefer Doc Martins or Redwings.

Listen, I dunked my Sawzall blade in whisky and held my Zippo lighter to it for almost a whole minute. She was as safe as can be.
Sawalls RULE!!!

Tomorrow at 0930 there will be a solar eclipse over England but it looks like sod's law will apply. The forecast is for cloud. :blowup:

Will it be cloudy everywhere? No place within reasonable driving distance to drive to? I would hate to miss something like that since they are so rare.

I don't imagine anybody here will have the opportunity as it will be something like 3:30 a.m. here then.

Is sod's law anything like Murphy's Law?

Yep. Same as Murphy's law...and it's now 0830 and it's cloudy! Should start to get progressively dark from now as the moon moves across the sun. I could have taken a drive down to the south west where there is less cloud, but 4 hours there and four back wasn't worth it.

Ummm...what are uggs?

uggs.jpg

I had a pair just like that once. It was when we lived up in the snow country and they were wonderful. Most comfortable pair of boots I ever owned. Turned out they weren't terribly sturdy though and they wore out a lot sooner than they should have. But I did enjoy them while they lasted.

Forum List

Back