USMB Coffee Shop IV

Our 41st and oldest living President has made socks his trademark. And he is rarely seen without them. But they do match. Or are at least color coordinated. (See lower left) :)

1401301330002.cached.jpg

Well it is getting really personal but I will confess that since my socks never show when I wear them, I don't worry about it all that much if they aren't a perfect match--I do try to keep them the same color.

There was one time when I needed a special item for breakfast. It was winter and still dark at 6 a.m. and I didn't want to wake Hombre so I quickly dressed in the dark and ran to the store that opened at 6 a.m. Probably everybody in the store saw it but finally the very brave guy sacking the groceries pointed to my shoes. I had on one white sneaker and one otherwise identical but navy blue sneaker.
It was 1989 and my sister was undergoing treatment in a hospital for luekemia, it was the fourth time she'd lost remission.
One day, her male nurse showed up and he was wearing one black shoe and one white shoe while on duty.
My mom pointed out to him that he had mismatched shoes.
His response was epic, here it is,

Yesterday, the hospital sent out a memo to remind all nurses that the dress code requires us to wear black and/or white shoes while on duty. This memo was only sent to the nurses. I am complying to the memo and hospital policy by wearing black and white shoes, one of each.

Okay, it took a hour and a half extra for the wife to finish with the work related stuff so we got a late start looking at 4 more houses. Finally we found one! Not perfect but it's huge at 2300 sqft, all updated kitchen, baths, new furnace, new hot water heater and hardwood throughout the entire house, no wall to wall carpeting!!!! It's on the east side and we're putting in an application for it tomorrow.
Had a long drive home, when we stepped in the back door it was obvious there was a problem, the cat food we left for the person to feed that cats was untouched, their dry bowls were empty as was the water bowl. I'll find out tomorrow what happened. Needless to say the cats were ecstatic to see us.......

Glad you and Mrs. R got home safe and sound Ringel.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's mom for healing and relief from pain,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Save and Mrs. L in adversity,
Chris in transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Ernie's friend and colleague Max,
Noomi!!!
Ernie for wellness, rest, and extra strength,
Ringel for wellness, rest, and extra strength,
Those in the dangerous cold zones,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Sheila and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

87515c783fbf13298131b48894f74b73.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Good morning Ernie and everybody. Wow, everybody must be sleeping in this morning. A little unexpected rain overnight here. They're forecasting it now though so we probably won't get anymore.

A rather uneventful day planned for us today and I'm ready for one. Our garbage disposal sprung a leak yesterday, and with Hombre's physical limitations he just didn't think he could get under the sink to take care of it. So our HVAC guy had some free time and came over to change it out for us. The old one still worked but it was badly corroded as was the pipe leading into it, but it's all fixed now. Another expense we didn't need though but we love our HVAC guy so we were happy he could accept the business.

I love it when the merchants we depend on become friends. :)

Hoping everybody has a splendid day today.

Tomorrow at 0930 there will be a solar eclipse over England but it looks like sod's law will apply. The forecast is for cloud. :blowup:

Tomorrow at 0930 there will be a solar eclipse over England but it looks like sod's law will apply. The forecast is for cloud. :blowup:

Will it be cloudy everywhere? No place within reasonable driving distance to drive to? I would hate to miss something like that since they are so rare.

I don't imagine anybody here will have the opportunity as it will be something like 3:30 a.m. here then.

Is sod's law anything like Murphy's Law?

Will it be cloudy everywhere? No place within reasonable driving distance to drive to? I would hate to miss something like that since they are so rare.

I don't imagine anybody here will have the opportunity as it will be something like 3:30 a.m. here then.

Is sod's law anything like Murphy's Law?

Yes it's the same thing.

I was just reading up on the eclipse tomorrow. It will be substantial in the UK but not quite a total eclipse. However, in 2017 all of the USA will have a chance to see a total solar eclipse. So start stocking up on the popcorn or get ready to engineer your viewing equipment etc.

Forum List

Back