USMB Coffee Shop IV

Happy Friday everybody. I'm just about to make banana bread....I can smell it baking now. . .

One of my favourite practical jokes involves bananas. I slice the fruit inside the skin without peeling it. You can do this by inserting a pin through the skin and rotating it through 180 degrees. The look on someone's face when they peel their banana and it falls out in slices is hilarious.

Morning !

Friday's grins
funny-animals-220.jpg

funny-animals-87.jpg
:biggrin:

Did you have an eclipse of the sun in America today? We had a partial eclipse of 85% at 9.30 am but it was too cloudy to see it where I live. I was not bothered because I saw the one we had in 1999.

I don't want to bring up anything political regarding the story, but have you seen the story about the woman who had a fetus cut out of her after answering an ad on craigslist? Why does that site seem to attract the crazies?

You think there are more crazies on CL than on Ebay or any of the other auction sites? Or even on message boards? I was in AOL chatrooms with Timothy McVeigh long before he did the OKC bombing. Let's face it. The anonymity of the internet gives a lot of opportunity for nutcases to have access to people they normally would never have. And we do need to remind ourselves that at least some common sense caution is advisable always.

Well, I would think most auction sites, like ebay, don't usually have any fact-to-face contact between buyer and seller. Is craigslist just that much more popular than any other site of its kind that these kinds of stories are bound to come from it? I don't use craiglist or any other site like it, I don't know if there is much competition when it comes to that kind of thing.
Craigs List is like posting a for sale ad without the cost and not really an auction site like E-Bay is. In most cases people have to meet face to face with CL as opposed to E-Bay where most business is done via shipping. Violent crooks use CL, internet crooks use E-Bay.

Did you have an eclipse of the sun in America today? We had a partial eclipse of 85% at 9.30 am but it was too cloudy to see it where I live. I was not bothered because I saw the one we had in 1999.

Your eclipse was during the wee hours of the morning here, so no eclipse for us. Bootneck has been reporting about your eclipse but it was too cloudy where he was too. But we will have a total eclipse visible almost everywhere in the USA in 2017.

Happy First Day of Spring !
For those in the upper Eastern States
first-day-of-spring-funny-pictures-300x281.jpg

For the rest of us

bth_happy_first_day_of_spring_glitter.gif

Yes, I was just looking at the winter storm warning and really severe weather in the east. Wish Chris and Spoonie would chime in. It is cloudy off and on here and chilly today, but not really cold. But for GW and the Northeast:

funny-first-robin-spring-cartoon.jpg

Happy Friday everybody. I'm just about to make banana bread....I can smell it baking now. . .

One of my favourite practical jokes involves bananas. I slice the fruit inside the skin without peeling it. You can do this by inserting a pin through the skin and rotating it through 180 degrees. The look on someone's face when they peel their banana and it falls out in slices is hilarious.
OMG!! I haven't done that in years, but I think it will be in order the next time my granddaughters visit. It is a hoot, to be sure!

Greetings, all!
Seems like a slow Friday. I only handled two flights last night, but we had a B767 that needed some strut seals replaced. Although I spent most of my shift in a hanger, my back is tired. I love committing maintenance on airplanes, though.
Banana nut bread is a favorite of mine, too, Foxy. Although I did whip up a batch of raisin-oatmeal cookies for the guys at work yesterday. Those cookies didn't last very long, fer shure!

Good evening, everyone. Happy Spring!
Dude, that is soooo depressing...really!

What's so depressing about Spring?:eusa_eh:
Nothing depressing about Spring, but your sig picture certainly is food for thought. My SIL claims I am the only person who understands what he's been through during three deployments to the ME. He certainly does not share some things with his wife (my daughter) because he prefers to spare her the details. At least he can share with me, providing some outlet for what he has to deal with.

Evening folks! I hope everyone had a wonderful week. I am making some wild mushroom soup and having some wine. Cheers.

Good evening, everyone. Happy Spring!
Dude, that is soooo depressing...really!

What's so depressing about Spring?:eusa_eh:
Nothing depressing about Spring, but your sig picture certainly is food for thought. My SIL claims I am the only person who understands what he's been through during three deployments to the ME. He certainly does not share some things with his wife (my daughter) because he prefers to spare her the details. At least he can share with me, providing some outlet for what he has to deal with.

That's good that he has someone to talk to. I'm told it helps most people to have a confidant like that.

Forum List

Back