USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good evening, everyone. Happy Spring!
Dude, that is soooo depressing...really!

What's so depressing about Spring?:eusa_eh:
Nothing. I've been in the yard all day poking around and getting the beds ready for flowers and veggies.

Excellent! Its just now thawing out around here, so I got started on seedlings in the window sill today. Once I'm confident that there won't be another frost, its greenhouse time!

My work computer issues with USMB may have been overstated, the poor thing won't even boot now, so sometime next week I'll have a replacement/hand-me-down from another one being upgraded. Been a little busy resigning from a board and having multiple meetings with people trying to get me back on the board or to apply for city manager. A guy could get a swelled head, unless he realizes the job defines insanity under current conditions. Still, I think in about four or five years it may be a viable change for me depending where my current job leads. I will probably cultivate more contacts and supporters over the coming years.

The computer upgrade is a story unto itself. I will be taking more management responsibilities without a management title. It requires a better computer and bandwidth. The owner even mentioned more pay without me asking. Weird to say the least.

Isn't it interesting how we add people when others post less here? Nice to see some of the faces spending more time at the CS.

Been busy packing, scheduling utilities shut off, setting up the date for the movers, etc. The house we really wanted we didn't get, someone else got an application in just before we did so we're going with a house we also liked, hopefully no one else has put in an application.
And with all this rain my sinuses have been acting up badly........ We had rain Tuesday in El Paso, kinda misty Wednesday morning then we followed the rain home to Trinidad........ Been hitting the bottle....... of Allegra.......

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's mom for healing and relief from pain,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Save and Mrs. L in adversity,
Chris in transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Ernie's friend and colleague Max,
Noomi!!!
Ernie for wellness, rest, and extra strength,
Ringel for wellness, rest, and extra strength,
Those in the dangerous cold zones,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Sheila and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

Graceful-Candles-with-yellow-flowers.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Doing my happy dance this morning! Went down to the accountants office yesterday to sign my taxes. I am getting a refund from both State and Federal taxes!!! I can't remember the last time I got a refund from taxes. Usually I have to pay in more for taxes but not this year. Seems I payed in a little bit more on quarterly taxes than I needed to do. Not a huge refund but it's a refund!!! The coffee's on me this morning!

Well, 9 years and I lost My Samsung LCD 52" HD TV.....kind of sucks as I liked that TV...

Looking to upgrade..suggestions? I"m thinking another Samsung because this one was trouble free and worked well.

Looking at 55 to 65" LED HD with 240 Hz Smart....I don't care about 3D...but a decent picture is a must.....

Well, 9 years and I lost My Samsung LCD 52" HD TV.....kind of sucks as I liked that TV...

Looking to upgrade..suggestions? I"m thinking another Samsung because this one was trouble free and worked well.

Looking at 55 to 65" LED HD with 240 Hz Smart....I don't care about 3D...but a decent picture is a must.....

Found this to be interesting:

Smart (also known as net or internet) TVs are next generation televisions classified by their ability to work seamlessly with internet connections. Unlike your standard HD and 3D featured TVs, they offer unique apps uniquely designed to stream straight to your TV to enhance your watching experience. There are a lot of smart TVs out there, differing in feature, size and brand, and a lot of not so clever TVs calling themselves smart. To help you sort through the options and choose a good quality smart TV that is right for you, we have put together this buying guide that includes everything you need to know about Smart TVs, along with helpful shopping tips.

http://www.comparaboo.com/smart_tvs?targeturl=1&adgroup=13658561466&google_params[adposition]={adposition}&google_params[creative]={creative}&google_params[device]=c&google_params[keyword]=+best +Smart +TV&google_params[matchtype]=p&google_params[network]={network}&keyword=42259285597&network=ADWORDS_SEARCH&origin=bing&seed_id=1703&subtype=TEXT&type=SEARCH&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Search_Explore_Seed1703_Smart TVs--#1408315504633&utm_term=+best +Smart +TV

Doing my happy dance this morning! Went down to the accountants office yesterday to sign my taxes. I am getting a refund from both State and Federal taxes!!! I can't remember the last time I got a refund from taxes. Usually I have to pay in more for taxes but not this year. Seems I payed in a little bit more on quarterly taxes than I needed to do. Not a huge refund but it's a refund!!! The coffee's on me this morning!

Thanks BBD! I have enjoyed two cups and am getting ready to get ready to leave out in a few. :D

Been busy packing, scheduling utilities shut off, setting up the date for the movers, etc. The house we really wanted we didn't get, someone else got an application in just before we did so we're going with a house we also liked, hopefully no one else has put in an application.
And with all this rain my sinuses have been acting up badly........ We had rain Tuesday in El Paso, kinda misty Wednesday morning then we followed the rain home to Trinidad........ Been hitting the bottle....... of Allegra.......

I do hope you get what you want, Ringel05. Anytime I have moved to a new community ( tons ) I have always rented first, before buying, as I would have the time to see where in the community I really wanted to live and to see just how long I thought I would be staying there. So many people I sold houses to, wished they had waited to find out what location they wanted, rather than jumping into a house they loved, before living a while in the community. And there were others who were very satisfied with the homes they first saw and then bought. So it's a craps-shoot, basically.

All the best to you and the Mrs.

We have a fairly new 60" Samsung and absolutely love it.

But when you say you lost your TV did you literally lose it? Stolen? Broke it? Or it just died?

Last edited:

Look at Vizio. I have 2 46" sets and like them both.

Good morning everybody. Just a few fluffy clouds in an azure blue sky today--going up to high 60's today and then low 70's for the next several days. The way I wish it would stay year round.

Coffee is good. Congrats to BBD on his refund. Of course tax refunds mean we gave the government free use of our money for awhile, but it is just human nature that a refund feels like free money and we enjoy them. Owing more taxes sucks. And just breaking even should be the goal but it feels blah. :)

We've been invited out to an early dinner later today. So no serious cooking today. Life is good.

Forum List

Back