USMB Coffee Shop IV

With any luck we can raise some money and collect needed supplies for this family and maybe even break even at the bar. Jason and the boys are giving us a great deal and are actively seeking donations.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's mom for healing and relief from pain,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Save and Mrs. L in adversity,
Chris in transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Ernie's friend and colleague Max,
Noomi!!!
Ernie for wellness, rest, and extra strength,
Ringel for wellness, rest, and extra strength,
Those in the dangerous cold zones,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Sheila and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

Graceful-Candles-with-yellow-flowers.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Good morning all! Spent much of yesterday packing, pulling down the window treatments and pictures/mirrors, the living room looks "naked"..... :lol: Will obviously do some more today. The good thing is most of what we own is still in storage so we should have no problem having everything ready when the movers show up later this week. Still haven't heard on the house we applied for, hopefully we'll get a thumbs up early next week, if not at least the movers will store everything for a month free till we can find a place.

Good morning all! Spent much of yesterday packing, pulling down the window treatments and pictures/mirrors, the living room looks "naked"..... :lol: Will obviously do some more today. The good thing is most of what we own is still in storage so we should have no problem having everything ready when the movers show up later this week. Still haven't heard on the house we applied for, hopefully we'll get a thumbs up early next week, if not at least the movers will store everything for a month free till we can find a place.

Sounds heavy. I live in fear of getting evicted as I could not cope with moving. But the fear is less likely now as my landlords have put up the rent three times and I think they are happier with the current rent than they were. I am still not paying as much as the other tenants on other floors, but they would have to spend thousands renovating if they got rid of me, so I think I am fairly safe for now.

Bummer, I found out on the news that there is a new pound coin coming out in England and I have been saving them for years. I have over two thousand pounds worth, and now I have got to get rid of them.

Bummer, I found out on the news that there is a new pound coin coming out in England and I have been saving them for years. I have over two thousand pounds worth, and now I have got to get rid of them.

If they change the look of the money there, the old money has to be turned in? Here they change the look of the money regularly and people try to collect all the different looks. But our dollar is worth a dollar no matter what it looks like.

And I hope you don't get evicted Dajjal. That would be difficult for a landlord to do here too so long as the tenant pays the rent.

If they change the look of the money there, the old money has to be turned in? Here they change the look of the money regularly and people try to collect all the different looks.

There are an estimated 45 million forged one pound coins in England and I certainly have a number of forgeries among my two thousand coins. The mint are going to withdraw the current coin from circulation at some time after releasing the new coin. The good news is the new coin does not come out for two years so I have enough time to spend them.

Good morning everybody. Absolutely gorgeous day in Albuquerque. Going up into the 70's with abundant sunshine. They were having a 'wierd' day at church, and we slept in this morning. And it felt good to do so. So I got up finally at 10 a.m. And I feel wonderful.

Sounds heavy. I live in fear of getting evicted as I could not cope with moving. But the fear is less likely now as my landlords have put up the rent three times and I think they are happier with the current rent than they were. I am still not paying as much as the other tenants on other floors, but they would have to spend thousands renovating if they got rid of me, so I think I am fairly safe for now.
The house we're renting now was for sale when we moved in and is still for sale but given the fact that this area is pretty much economically depressed we weren't too worried that they would find a buyer even though they've shown the house at least 5 times since we've been here. There were three primary "industries" in Trinidad, two were mining and oil but when the "subsidies" were pulled in 2010 the population dropped by half. The other "industry" was Marcie Bowers (AKA Mark Bowers), Trinidad CO was the sex change capital of the world but eventually the (primarily) staunch Catholic community ran her out and all the money she was bringing in.
Now Cannabis farms and outlets are opening up left and right, even the Toyota dealership was evicted and that location is being converted into a pot farm as the owner will make 100 times the money. Our property managers are busy selling commercial properties.

British five and ten pound notes are being replace with polymer notes in the next year, but that does not bother me because I don't have any saved.

If they change the look of the money there, the old money has to be turned in? Here they change the look of the money regularly and people try to collect all the different looks.

There are an estimated 45 million forged one pound coins in England and I certainly have a number of forgeries among my two thousand coins. The mint are going to withdraw the current coin from circulation at some time after releasing the new coin. The good news is the new coin does not come out for two years so I have enough time to spend them.

Really interesting. I don't know if we have counterfeiting of coins here--if we do I have not heard of it. There is counterfeiting of paper money.

The house we're renting now was for sale when we moved in and is still for sale but given the fact that this area is pretty much economically depressed we weren't too worried that they would find a buyer even though they've shown the house at least 5 times since we've been here. There were three primary "industries" in Trinidad, two were mining and oil but when the "subsidies" were pulled in 2010 the population dropped by half. The other "industry" was Marcie Bowers (AKA Mark Bowers), Trinidad CO was the sex change capital of the world but eventually the (primarily) staunch Catholic community ran her out and all the money she was bringing in.
Now Cannabis farms and outlets are opening up left and right, even the Toyota dealership was evicted and that location is being converted into a pot farm as the owner will make 100 times the money. Our property managers are busy selling commercial properties.

The Catholics prefer pot farms to the sex change business? Can you imagine writing something like that 30 years ago? This is a strange world we live in these days.

I could not stand the insecurity of living somewhere that I would have to move out of if someone purchased the house. This house was sold under me once but I was not evicted. The new landlords wanted more rent but they decided to put it up a few times over a couple of years, rather than trying to evict me. I have lived here for 21 years and I am entrenched. I have one room with wall to wall books that would be hell to pack and move. and another room full of my paintings and equipment. The bedroom has two TV's and two computers, and I don't want to have to move any of it.

I need a room dedicated specifically for the wifes books........ This one might, just might fill the bill........

Inside-Trinity-College-Library.png

LOL. I have a LOT of books too. :)

I have been buying books from Amazon recently. I have purchased some books I used to have years ago but lost in my travels, and some books of interest to me. The last purchase I made was ' the art of war' by Sun Tzu
Before that I purchased ' The Egyptian book of the dead' and 'Daemonologie' by King James.

I was thinking of purchasing ' The catcher in the rye' because it featured in the film 'conspiracy theory' with Mel Gibson. I expect a lot of people purchased it because of that film.

Forum List

Back