USMB Coffee Shop IV

Just dropping by to let everyone know we made it okay. Didn't get out of Trinidad until after 10 am, got to El Paso around 6 pm. The management company waited for us, and we got to the new house by 7 pm. The electric was on but nothing else so the wife called the water utility and they actually came out within an hour and turned it on which led to a slight problem....... One of the sink feeds was slightly leaking, couldn't turn off the valve at the feed so I put a trash basket under it and went to bed........ Woke up this morning to the sound of water........ the other feed for the same sink had started leaking and we had water all the way into the back room, good thing the floors are all tile on that side of the house!! No internal water shut off and I couldn't find the street shut off so I called the city water, they came out and shut it off. I called the plumber the management company uses, he came out and took care of the problem and turned the water back on, he was done by 8am (I was up at 6am) then the movers showed up around 11 am and were done unloading by 3 pm.
I went and got something for us to eat then took a literal cold shower, laid down for a minute and woke up a couple of hours later.
Oh yeah I'm tethered to my phone for internet access, Monday we'll have to turn on the gas, switch the electric over to our names and (most likely) get Time Warner for TV, internet, phone (land-line).

STRESS!!!!!!!!!! :eusa_wall:

I seriously can't wait for you two to get all these hassles behind you so you can move forth. Thanks for the update Rigel05. Hang in there. I would be needing meds at this point..lol
Waking up and sucking down coffee. Because of my nap yesterday I didn't get to sleep until 4am then the wife woke me up at 9:30.
Stress I can handle, I'm a solution/take action type even though on occasion it's been ready, fire, aim.......
The wife has been an occasional basket case for weeks so I don't have that luxury, one of us needs to be focused.
Got a list of things we need so we'll be heading to Wally-World soon.

Just dropping by to let everyone know we made it okay. Didn't get out of Trinidad until after 10 am, got to El Paso around 6 pm. The management company waited for us, and we got to the new house by 7 pm. The electric was on but nothing else so the wife called the water utility and they actually came out within an hour and turned it on which led to a slight problem....... One of the sink feeds was slightly leaking, couldn't turn off the valve at the feed so I put a trash basket under it and went to bed........ Woke up this morning to the sound of water........ the other feed for the same sink had started leaking and we had water all the way into the back room, good thing the floors are all tile on that side of the house!! No internal water shut off and I couldn't find the street shut off so I called the city water, they came out and shut it off. I called the plumber the management company uses, he came out and took care of the problem and turned the water back on, he was done by 8am (I was up at 6am) then the movers showed up around 11 am and were done unloading by 3 pm.
I went and got something for us to eat then took a literal cold shower, laid down for a minute and woke up a couple of hours later.
Oh yeah I'm tethered to my phone for internet access, Monday we'll have to turn on the gas, switch the electric over to our names and (most likely) get Time Warner for TV, internet, phone (land-line).

I seriously can't wait for you two to get all these hassles behind you so you can move forth. Thanks for the update Rigel05. Hang in there. I would be needing meds at this point..lol
Waking up and sucking down coffee. Because of my nap yesterday I didn't get to sleep until 4am then the wife woke me up at 9:30.
Stress I can handle, I'm a solution/take action type even though on occasion it's been ready, fire, aim.......
The wife has been an occasional basket case for weeks so I don't have that luxury, one of us needs to be focused.

Good luck with all of that. Sorry to hear you're having problems. I have to agree with AA, that I would be VERY stressed. :lol: I think, a lot of times, men might handle stress better than women.

Good luck with all of that. Sorry to hear you're having problems. I have to agree with AA, that I would be VERY stressed. :lol: I think, a lot of times, men might handle stress better than women.

I think security of her own nest and environment is probably more important to more women than it is to most men. I'm more like Ringel though and pro-active when things are going to hell in a hand basket. And I am maybe a bit better than Hombre is in accepting that sometimes things go to hell in a hand basket and there's absolutely nothing we can do about it so we might as well not make things harder than they have to be.

But he is more flexible than I am in adapting to different situations even though he gets terribly frustrated when people don't behave as he thinks they should. Going shopping with him in a group is an adventure, The rest of us spread out in a large store and just sort of keep track of the general location or direction of everybody else out of the corner of our eye or whatever. He worries like an old mother hen that we aren't all together--we'll lose somebody--and gets frustrated with the herding cats situation. :)

Happy Sunday:)

dd1a66e13aa9329ac52842fe9f9ab78a.jpg

I think security of her own nest and environment is probably more important to more women than it is to most men. I'm more like Ringel though and pro-active when things are going to hell in a hand basket. And I am maybe a bit better than Hombre is in accepting that sometimes things go to hell in a hand basket and there's absolutely nothing we can do about it so we might as well not make things harder than they have to be.

But he is more flexible than I am in adapting to different situations even though he gets terribly frustrated when people don't behave as he thinks they should. Going shopping with him in a group is an adventure, The rest of us spread out in a large store and just sort of keep track of the general location or direction of everybody else out of the corner of our eye or whatever. He worries like an old mother hen that we aren't all together--we'll lose somebody--and gets frustrated with the herding cats situation. :)
He sounds a little like me but I don't worry when everyone spreads out shopping what gets me are the people who are oblivious to anyone else around them, hence they're always in the way and when the wife says "I need to check on this, it'll only take a couple of minutes", then I'm waiting where I hope she can see me for a half hour........
We had to do Wally-World today for some "quick" shopping, didn't get there until 11:30am........ Big mistake......... Never go on weekends and NEVER go close to noon.

Put a small dent in the unpacking. Supposedly the management company had cleaners clean the house before we arrived...... They're going to have to come back and do a better job, I'm stocking the kitchen and cleaning out the cabinets and drawers, my sponge comes out black.

Put a small dent in the unpacking. Supposedly the management company had cleaners clean the house before we arrived...... They're going to have to come back and do a better job, I'm stocking the kitchen and cleaning out the cabinets and drawers, my sponge comes out black.

Hey, you seem to be handling all of these little setbacks pretty well. :D

He sounds a little like me but I don't worry when everyone spreads out shopping what gets me are the people who are oblivious to anyone else around them, hence they're always in the way and when the wife says "I need to check on this, it'll only take a couple of minutes", then I'm waiting where I hope she can see me for a half hour........
We had to do Wally-World today for some "quick" shopping, didn't get there until 11:30am........ Big mistake......... Never go on weekends and NEVER go close to noon.

Do you mean Walmart?

The one that I go to seems to be always jam packed, and they never seem to have enough cashiers. I hate going there. A new Market Basket store just opened up, and I like going there better. It's not less packed, but they always have most of their registers open so the lines aren't SO bad, and they have a much better selection at Market Basket.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava

'Specially towards the end of the month!

Do you mean Walmart?

The one that I go to seems to be always jam packed, and they never seem to have enough cashiers. I hate going there. A new Market Basket store just opened up, and I like going there better. It's not less packed, but they always have most of their registers open so the lines aren't SO bad, and they have a much better selection at Market Basket.
I do most of my shopping at the commissary or a local place, Fred Meyer. Unfortunately, only Walmart stocks my preferred dog and cat kibble. First few ingredients of those foods are meat or meat by-products, as opposed to corn meal.

Palm Sunday came and went without a performance of the Easter Pageant on the Hillside. Because of the brutal winter and our inability to rehearse on the actual hillside, the pageant was cancelled for the first time in 37 years.

Meanwhile, that nasty cold that has been dogging me for the past week seems to have run its course. I cleaned the dust and debris from the bedroom well enough to stretch out on my bed rather than recline on the sleeper sofa in the Great Hall. Laying in a queen size bed and having toe room to move was much more comforting than laying on a twin size mattress and sharing it with Daisy the Mutt.

And, my carpenter called to say the night tables are finished and will be delivered today. I still have to frame to new closets, but the dusty demolition is finished.

I managed to take the Mutt for a walk this weekend. She ran as if on a jail break, but never out of my sight and she returned regularly for a piece of chicken jerky dog treat.

Mom will go in for a heart stint on Good Friday morning. She is anxious, naturally. But her anxiety is compounded by history. Her procedure happens April 3. Pop had a stint inserted in his vascular system six months before he suffered a fatal stroke six months later, on April 4, 2008. So, as we commemorate Pop's passing on Saturday, Mom will be recovering from the same procedure.

Do you mean Walmart?

Yeah, Walmart (Wally-World, Stuff Mart). I've found that most times if one goes before 10m and after 9pm they're not very busy, the only drawbacks being even less registers are open and going the evening you're dealing with stockers and all that entails.

Well good morning all. Was up at 0-dark-thirty this morning, the wife starts work today. she had to be there by 7am and we were out of the house at 6:30 cause she didn't want to be late.......... I dropped her off at the hospital at 6:39.......... No traffic.........
Back to work on unpacking, gotta call the electric and gas, get them switched over to our names, get trash service set up, get a washer and drier (and maybe a fridge, the one here at the house is on the fritz but I do have a call in to maintenance).

Do you mean Walmart?

Yeah, Walmart (Wally-World, Stuff Mart). I've found that most times if one goes before 10m and after 9pm they're not very busy, the only drawbacks being even less registers are open and going the evening you're dealing with stockers and all that entails.

I would definitely prefer to go at night though. Lol. That is MUCH better than dealing with the crowds, IMO. :D

Palm Sunday came and went without a performance of the Easter Pageant on the Hillside. Because of the brutal winter and our inability to rehearse on the actual hillside, the pageant was cancelled for the first time in 37 years.

Meanwhile, that nasty cold that has been dogging me for the past week seems to have run its course. I cleaned the dust and debris from the bedroom well enough to stretch out on my bed rather than recline on the sleeper sofa in the Great Hall. Laying in a queen size bed and having toe room to move was much more comforting than laying on a twin size mattress and sharing it with Daisy the Mutt.

And, my carpenter called to say the night tables are finished and will be delivered today. I still have to frame to new closets, but the dusty demolition is finished.

I managed to take the Mutt for a walk this weekend. She ran as if on a jail break, but never out of my sight and she returned regularly for a piece of chicken jerky dog treat.

Mom will go in for a heart stint on Good Friday morning. She is anxious, naturally. But her anxiety is compounded by history. Her procedure happens April 3. Pop had a stint inserted in his vascular system six months before he suffered a fatal stroke six months later, on April 4, 2008. So, as we commemorate Pop's passing on Saturday, Mom will be recovering from the same procedure.

Best wishes to her. Hope she makes a full recovery. :)

And good morning everybody. Just enjoying a cup of coffee and goofing off a bit waiting to leave for church. Hard to believe it is Palm Sunday already and Easter next Sunday. There will be a procession with the little kids waving their palm branches winding all through the church. Even now all these decades later, I remember how much fun it was as a kid to do that.

We could see our first 80 degree temps of the season today. We'll see how it goes. This time of year it is always tough to know when to shut down the furnace and fire up the swamp cooler. It still gets down into the low 40's at night.

Those nights sound wonderful. When living in the foothills of the Sierras of northern CA, the summertime temps would be around 80 and fall dramatically at night. I loved those nights. Would jump in the hot tub on the deck and gaze at the stars. Had a handsome and beloved hubby to keep me company. ( most times alone though ) :(

:( Sorry, AA. You seem like a wonderful lady and person and deserve someone wonderful to spend your life with.

Oh ChrisL, my sweetness, I do have someone to spend my happy and contented life with and that is myself. The only times I have ever been lonely in life were when I was married. I was born to be independent but had to learn that the hard way. I tried the other ways that involved compromise and co-dependency and it didn't suit me. Now I am 100%.

This way, a great cat and a sweetie, who doesn't live close enough to me, to want to see me at his convenience, putting me in a position to go negative on him, makes for a very happy lifestyle. People tell me, you are so lucky and I tell them I design my life and to me, luck is the residue of design.

I have found, for the most part, people do what they love to do. :thup:

Eww....sickening! Fewer and fewer companies take pride in their work, anymore.

Do you mean Walmart?

I do most of my shopping at the commissary or a local place, Fred Meyer. Unfortunately, only Walmart stocks my preferred dog and cat kibble. First few ingredients of those foods are meat or meat by-products, as opposed to corn meal.

I do love Fred Meyer and their stores and customer service. I shop there, too, but since grocery prices started their accent, I shop at Walmart, for those. I go between 8 and 10 in the mornings when things are very pleasant and the cashiers haven't had the bummers of the day. I am a very friendly person in public and those cashiers really react to that very cordially and with fun and efficiency. No complaints. I tell them how good they are at customer service and what great packaging they do for me, when I ask them to double-bag the stuff that needs it. They used to have some good sturdy bags but they are having to cut corners too, since giving everyone raises.

Forum List

Back