USMB Coffee Shop IV

It's snowing here AGAIN. Thankfully, it's not sticking. It's cold and raw though. :( I'm so tired of wintery weather. Come on spring, get a move on! :rolleyes-41:

I do wish for spring for you people stuck in the white stuff, going into April. You must be so sick of it all.

I am. SOOO sick of it. This upcoming week is not going to be too, temps in the 40s and 50s. I am not satisfied though. I want 60s and 70s. Lol. :D

I hear that. Right now our weather is perfect for me--not hot, not cold, but just right. I handle cooler weather much better than hot weather, but don't like the bitter cold either. Perfect weather for me is when you don't need the heater or the air conditioner. Cool enough to wear a light overshirt or sweater or wind breaker when I go out but not cold enough for a coat, etc.

Really hot days are good for swimming, but I can't think of anything else I want them for.

For those who do not mind soft rain, coastal Oregon is one of many perfect spots to live for weather, not too cold and not too hot. Even in the winter, the rainy days alternate with sunny ones. My family keeps wanting me to move closer to them, but because I love the marine climate here and because I like Western culture better than any other, I choose to remain rat cheer. :D They even agree, I am in the perfect place for me. To heck with those frigid winters and humid, hot summers. `Sides...I loveth my job...lol

Too rainy for me. :) I wouldn't mind winter if it was just a bit shorter and summers a bit longer. I would like to see seasons reversed. A 6-month summer and a 3-month winter. The "in-between" seasons of fall and spring are fine, as both are really only a few weeks long around here. Here, we go from summer to an autumn that only lasts a few weeks and then it's right into the cold weather which lasts 5 or 6 months, then our spring is rainy and cool and then right into summer which is relatively short at 2-3 months.

It's snowing here AGAIN. Thankfully, it's not sticking. It's cold and raw though. :( I'm so tired of wintery weather. Come on spring, get a move on! :rolleyes-41:

I do wish for spring for you people stuck in the white stuff, going into April. You must be so sick of it all.

I am. SOOO sick of it. This upcoming week is not going to be too, temps in the 40s and 50s. I am not satisfied though. I want 60s and 70s. Lol. :D

I hear that. Right now our weather is perfect for me--not hot, not cold, but just right. I handle cooler weather much better than hot weather, but don't like the bitter cold either. Perfect weather for me is when you don't need the heater or the air conditioner. Cool enough to wear a light overshirt or sweater or wind breaker when I go out but not cold enough for a coat, etc.

Really hot days are good for swimming, but I can't think of anything else I want them for.

For those who do not mind soft rain, coastal Oregon is one of many perfect spots to live for weather, not too cold and not too hot. Even in the winter, the rainy days alternate with sunny ones. My family keeps wanting me to move closer to them, but because I love the marine climate here and because I like Western culture better than any other, I choose to remain rat cheer. :D They even agree, I am in the perfect place for me. To heck with those frigid winters and humid, hot summers. `Sides...I loveth my job...lol

Too rainy for me. :) I wouldn't mind winter if it was just a bit shorter and summers a bit longer. I would like to see seasons reversed. A 6-month summer and a 3-month winter. The "in-between" seasons of fall and spring are fine, as both are really only a few weeks long around here. Here, we go from summer to an autumn that only lasts a few weeks and then it's right into the cold weather which lasts 5 or 6 months, then our spring is rainy and cool and then right into summer which is relatively short at 2-3 months.

Our summers are longer usually running from mid April or so until mid October or so. Autumn runs from mid October to mid December. Spring is usually the shortest season here generally comprising March and part of April.

Our summers are longer usually running from mid April or so until mid October or so. Autumn runs from mid October to mid December. Spring is usually the shortest season here generally comprising March and part of April.

I like that. That's what I would like. April to October for summer would be awesome! :)

I like that. That's what I would like. April to October for summer would be awesome! :)

The one exception is Balloon Fiesta week which is generally the first weekend in October. Usually days are warm and pleasant then, but the early mornings at dawn, when the first launches are done, it is bone chilling cold. Definitely hats, gloves, and heavy coats are needed. And it is not unheard of for Fiesta launches to be snowed out. But that is pretty rare.

And wham!! Hombre is suddenly hungry. It's 3:15 in the afternoon. But I'm off to make my world (cough) famous open faced enchiladas.

I hope everyone is having a great Saturday. I am playing board games all day with friends and I am on a tear. 4-0 thus far! Woot!

Just dropping by to let everyone know we made it okay. Didn't get out of Trinidad until after 10 am, got to El Paso around 6 pm. The management company waited for us, and we got to the new house by 7 pm. The electric was on but nothing else so the wife called the water utility and they actually came out within an hour and turned it on which led to a slight problem....... One of the sink feeds was slightly leaking, couldn't turn off the valve at the feed so I put a trash basket under it and went to bed........ Woke up this morning to the sound of water........ the other feed for the same sink had started leaking and we had water all the way into the back room, good thing the floors are all tile on that side of the house!! No internal water shut off and I couldn't find the street shut off so I called the city water, they came out and shut it off. I called the plumber the management company uses, he came out and took care of the problem and turned the water back on, he was done by 8am (I was up at 6am) then the movers showed up around 11 am and were done unloading by 3 pm.
I went and got something for us to eat then took a literal cold shower, laid down for a minute and woke up a couple of hours later.
Oh yeah I'm tethered to my phone for internet access, Monday we'll have to turn on the gas, switch the electric over to our names and (most likely) get Time Warner for TV, internet, phone (land-line).

Just dropping by to let everyone know we made it okay. Didn't get out of Trinidad until after 10 am, got to El Paso around 6 pm. The management company waited for us, and we got to the new house by 7 pm. The electric was on but nothing else so the wife called the water utility and they actually came out within an hour and turned it on which led to a slight problem....... One of the sink feeds was slightly leaking, couldn't turn off the valve at the feed so I put a trash basket under it and went to bed........ Woke up this morning to the sound of water........ the other feed for the same sink had started leaking and we had water all the way into the back room, good thing the floors are all tile on that side of the house!! No internal water shut off and I couldn't find the street shut off so I called the city water, they came out and shut it off. I called the plumber the management company uses, he came out and took care of the problem and turned the water back on, he was done by 8am (I was up at 6am) then the movers showed up around 11 am and were done unloading by 3 pm.
I went and got something for us to eat then took a literal cold shower, laid down for a minute and woke up a couple of hours later.
Oh yeah I'm tethered to my phone for internet access, Monday we'll have to turn on the gas, switch the electric over to our names and (most likely) get Time Warner for TV, internet, phone (land-line).

Moving is tough enough without a lot of other problems to go with it. So sending strength and anti-frustration vibes. Be sure to take care of the two of you.

And good morning everybody. Just enjoying a cup of coffee and goofing off a bit waiting to leave for church. Hard to believe it is Palm Sunday already and Easter next Sunday. There will be a procession with the little kids waving their palm branches winding all through the church. Even now all these decades later, I remember how much fun it was as a kid to do that.

We could see our first 80 degree temps of the season today. We'll see how it goes. This time of year it is always tough to know when to shut down the furnace and fire up the swamp cooler. It still gets down into the low 40's at night.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava

STRESS!!!!!!!!!! :eusa_wall:

I seriously can't wait for you two to get all these hassles behind you so you can move forth. Thanks for the update Rigel05. Hang in there. I would be needing meds at this point..lol

Last edited:
And good morning everybody. Just enjoying a cup of coffee and goofing off a bit waiting to leave for church. Hard to believe it is Palm Sunday already and Easter next Sunday. There will be a procession with the little kids waving their palm branches winding all through the church. Even now all these decades later, I remember how much fun it was as a kid to do that.

We could see our first 80 degree temps of the season today. We'll see how it goes. This time of year it is always tough to know when to shut down the furnace and fire up the swamp cooler. It still gets down into the low 40's at night.

Those nights sound wonderful. When living in the foothills of the Sierras of northern CA, the summertime temps would be around 80 and fall dramatically at night. I loved those nights. Would jump in the hot tub on the deck and gaze at the stars. Had a handsome and beloved hubby to keep me company. ( most times alone though ) :(

Those nights sound wonderful. When living in the foothills of the Sierras of northern CA, the summertime temps would be around 80 and fall dramatically at night. I loved those nights. Would jump in the hot tub on the deck and gaze at the stars. Had a handsome and beloved hubby to keep me company. ( most times alone though ) :(

Yes I need a cold bedroom at night to get really good sleep. So I enjoy the chilly nights. But the chilly is still there for morning showers so the furnace is still appreciated too. And I love to sit outside at night too. . .we never had a hot tub though. . .evenings are especially nice here because we have almost no mosquitos or other night pest.

Yes I need a cold bedroom at night to get really good sleep. So I enjoy the chilly nights. But the chilly is still there for morning showers so the furnace is still appreciated too. And I love to sit outside at night too. . .we never had a hot tub though. . .evenings are especially nice here because we have almost no mosquitos or other night pest.

When the mornings are chilly, here, I take hot baths and when I am through soaking ( time permitting on the soaking ) the house feels comfortable as my body heat is UP. :)

When the nights and mornings are humid, here, I take showers. But I am a tub girl, preferably. After a tub bath, I rinse my body off using the shower, then I rinse the tub, using same.

:( Sorry, AA. You seem like a wonderful lady and person and deserve someone wonderful to spend your life with.

Snowed here pretty much all day yesterday and quite raw and chilly. This morning, it was FREEZING. It's starting to warm up a bit now, but I don't believe our temperatures will climb above 40 today. However, by the end of the week we should be in the 50s, according to what they are forecasting right now anyways. :) I will take that happily. Lol.

Forum List

Back