USMB Coffee Shop IV

Just dropping by to let everyone know we made it okay. Didn't get out of Trinidad until after 10 am, got to El Paso around 6 pm. The management company waited for us, and we got to the new house by 7 pm. The electric was on but nothing else so the wife called the water utility and they actually came out within an hour and turned it on which led to a slight problem....... One of the sink feeds was slightly leaking, couldn't turn off the valve at the feed so I put a trash basket under it and went to bed........ Woke up this morning to the sound of water........ the other feed for the same sink had started leaking and we had water all the way into the back room, good thing the floors are all tile on that side of the house!! No internal water shut off and I couldn't find the street shut off so I called the city water, they came out and shut it off. I called the plumber the management company uses, he came out and took care of the problem and turned the water back on, he was done by 8am (I was up at 6am) then the movers showed up around 11 am and were done unloading by 3 pm.
I went and got something for us to eat then took a literal cold shower, laid down for a minute and woke up a couple of hours later.
Oh yeah I'm tethered to my phone for internet access, Monday we'll have to turn on the gas, switch the electric over to our names and (most likely) get Time Warner for TV, internet, phone (land-line).

STRESS!!!!!!!!!! :eusa_wall:

I seriously can't wait for you two to get all these hassles behind you so you can move forth. Thanks for the update Rigel05. Hang in there. I would be needing meds at this point..lol
Waking up and sucking down coffee. Because of my nap yesterday I didn't get to sleep until 4am then the wife woke me up at 9:30.
Stress I can handle, I'm a solution/take action type even though on occasion it's been ready, fire, aim.......
The wife has been an occasional basket case for weeks so I don't have that luxury, one of us needs to be focused.
Got a list of things we need so we'll be heading to Wally-World soon.

Good luck with all of that. Sorry to hear you're having problems. I have to agree with AA, that I would be VERY stressed. :lol: I think, a lot of times, men might handle stress better than women.

I agree, the ones I have known, do. Even though I am a focused individual, that alone can cause me to be stressed. I want things done now, so I can get them behind me. My line of patience is a short one. :D

Good luck with all of that. Sorry to hear you're having problems. I have to agree with AA, that I would be VERY stressed. :lol: I think, a lot of times, men might handle stress better than women.

I think security of her own nest and environment is probably more important to more women than it is to most men. I'm more like Ringel though and pro-active when things are going to hell in a hand basket. And I am maybe a bit better than Hombre is in accepting that sometimes things go to hell in a hand basket and there's absolutely nothing we can do about it so we might as well not make things harder than they have to be.

But he is more flexible than I am in adapting to different situations even though he gets terribly frustrated when people don't behave as he thinks they should. Going shopping with him in a group is an adventure, The rest of us spread out in a large store and just sort of keep track of the general location or direction of everybody else out of the corner of our eye or whatever. He worries like an old mother hen that we aren't all together--we'll lose somebody--and gets frustrated with the herding cats situation. :)
He sounds a little like me but I don't worry when everyone spreads out shopping what gets me are the people who are oblivious to anyone else around them, hence they're always in the way and when the wife says "I need to check on this, it'll only take a couple of minutes", then I'm waiting where I hope she can see me for a half hour........
We had to do Wally-World today for some "quick" shopping, didn't get there until 11:30am........ Big mistake......... Never go on weekends and NEVER go close to noon.

Do you mean Walmart?

The one that I go to seems to be always jam packed, and they never seem to have enough cashiers. I hate going there. A new Market Basket store just opened up, and I like going there better. It's not less packed, but they always have most of their registers open so the lines aren't SO bad, and they have a much better selection at Market Basket.
Yeah, Walmart (Wally-World, Stuff Mart). I've found that most times if one goes before 10m and after 9pm they're not very busy, the only drawbacks being even less registers are open and going the evening you're dealing with stockers and all that entails.

I would definitely prefer to go at night though. Lol. That is MUCH better than dealing with the crowds, IMO. :D
Our Walmart is open 24 hours which makes it nice for me. I can leave the bar at 2 AM and go pick up a needed maintenance item or a few pairs of socks. No lines and friendly cashiers that compete to have you use their aisle.

Palm Sunday came and went without a performance of the Easter Pageant on the Hillside. Because of the brutal winter and our inability to rehearse on the actual hillside, the pageant was cancelled for the first time in 37 years.

Meanwhile, that nasty cold that has been dogging me for the past week seems to have run its course. I cleaned the dust and debris from the bedroom well enough to stretch out on my bed rather than recline on the sleeper sofa in the Great Hall. Laying in a queen size bed and having toe room to move was much more comforting than laying on a twin size mattress and sharing it with Daisy the Mutt.

And, my carpenter called to say the night tables are finished and will be delivered today. I still have to frame to new closets, but the dusty demolition is finished.

I managed to take the Mutt for a walk this weekend. She ran as if on a jail break, but never out of my sight and she returned regularly for a piece of chicken jerky dog treat.

Mom will go in for a heart stint on Good Friday morning. She is anxious, naturally. But her anxiety is compounded by history. Her procedure happens April 3. Pop had a stint inserted in his vascular system six months before he suffered a fatal stroke six months later, on April 4, 2008. So, as we commemorate Pop's passing on Saturday, Mom will be recovering from the same procedure.

I KNEW something was missing this Easter season. . . accounts of the practices for Nosmo's pageant! You always described it as the event of the season and how sad it had to be cancelled. And why is the east having such brutal winters while we in the west are having almost no winter at all? Even our occasional snows were of the warm spring variety that melted quickly.

The stint procedures are so routine these days that they are more nuisance than a really big deal, but they are medical procedures and that is always a concern, especially for the elderly. I have put your mom on the vigil list unless you object.

I envisioned Daisy running as hard as she could. In the past year our daughter acquired a young rescue dog that is half beagle and half foxhound meaning it is a dog that has to run. So she dog parks it a lot--goes every day, sometimes twice a day so Nellie can run. Even traveling cross country she stops at dog parks all along the way. Her second dog is half beagle and half pug and enjoys getting out but doesn't run like Nellie does. Nellie knows she is free to run in the dog park and she heads out, going as fast as she can go, running the perimeter along the fence until it is time to play with whatever other dogs are there. It's fun to watch.

Well good morning all. Was up at 0-dark-thirty this morning, the wife starts work today. she had to be there by 7am and we were out of the house at 6:30 cause she didn't want to be late.......... I dropped her off at the hospital at 6:39.......... No traffic.........
Back to work on unpacking, gotta call the electric and gas, get them switched over to our names, get trash service set up, get a washer and drier (and maybe a fridge, the one here at the house is on the fritz but I do have a call in to maintenance).

I would think if your lease included a refrigerator, your landlord would have to replace the fridge? Maybe not though. But geez, what else can go wrong?

Your new adventure has brought back a flood of memories for me though. Back when Hombre was being transferred, he would be told maybe on Friday to report to work somewhere else on Monday. And off we would go in a hasty move and dealing with all the details of getting set up in the new town, advising people of the new mail address, phone number, etc.

Put a small dent in the unpacking. Supposedly the management company had cleaners clean the house before we arrived...... They're going to have to come back and do a better job, I'm stocking the kitchen and cleaning out the cabinets and drawers, my sponge comes out black.

Eww....sickening! Fewer and fewer companies take pride in their work, anymore.

I've moved into some rent houses though that were pretty bad and the house we currently live in was pretty bad when we first moved in. Moving is hard enough without having do do major cleaning when you move in. I do major cleaning when we move out of a place--don't want to folks to think we're slobs.

Well good morning all. Was up at 0-dark-thirty this morning, the wife starts work today. she had to be there by 7am and we were out of the house at 6:30 cause she didn't want to be late.......... I dropped her off at the hospital at 6:39.......... No traffic.........
Back to work on unpacking, gotta call the electric and gas, get them switched over to our names, get trash service set up, get a washer and drier (and maybe a fridge, the one here at the house is on the fritz but I do have a call in to maintenance).

I would think if your lease included a refrigerator, your landlord would have to replace the fridge? Maybe not though. But geez, what else can go wrong?

Your new adventure has brought back a flood of memories for me though. Back when Hombre was being transferred, he would be told maybe on Friday to report to work somewhere else on Monday. And off we would go in a hasty move and dealing with all the details of getting set up in the new town, advising people of the new mail address, phone number, etc.

Yikes!!!!!!!

Morning everybody

I hope everybody had a good weekend.
It has been really warm here in the middle 80's.
Monday's smile

the-funny-animals-112.jpg

Yikes!!!!!!!

We didn't think much about it back then though. Usually he would go ahead leaving me to pack and close out everything in the old place. He usually did have all the utilities and other services up and running when the moving van pulled into the new place. He usually had to choose the house himself because there wasn't time and money for me to make a round trip to go house hunt and we also had little kids at home. In every town but one, the house available to rent was livable but not what we wanted so we would invariably have to move again when something better became available. And finally we had moved up the corporate ladder enough we started buying our homes but there too, the first place we bought was eventually sold in favor of buying another. So we have moved a lot!!! :)

Put a small dent in the unpacking. Supposedly the management company had cleaners clean the house before we arrived...... They're going to have to come back and do a better job, I'm stocking the kitchen and cleaning out the cabinets and drawers, my sponge comes out black.

Eww....sickening! Fewer and fewer companies take pride in their work, anymore.

I've moved into some rent houses though that were pretty bad and the house we currently live in was pretty bad when we first moved in. Moving is hard enough without having do do major cleaning when you move in. I do major cleaning when we move out of a place--don't want to folks to think we're slobs.

I did major cleaning before I left a house too, but for a different reason. I wanted my deposit back.

One time, in preparation for a move, I had hired two people to come in to clean as I had to rush to the airport, 150 miles away and the movers had just finished their job.

I had told each person, who didn't know each other, that their compensation would be in separate envelopes in the oven and with their name on it. They each had separate job descriptions.

A month later, I received a letter from one of them, that the envelope WAS in the oven with his name on it but the cash contents had been removed. :( The other envelope was gone.

My heart was saddened that one person would do this to two others. I sent him off a check, pronto, and with a generous tip for doing his job assignment, with no compensation in sight.

The fridge was included and they just might replace it but with what I don't know. Found out there's a guy around here that does refurbished, scratch and dent appliances inexpensively if you know the right person. We'll see.
Set up to have the remaining utilities transferred over and found out the gas has been on the whole time but none of the pilots were lit because the water was not on, now I have to wait for the plumber (who was here Saturday morning) to come back.

I think security of her own nest and environment is probably more important to more women than it is to most men. I'm more like Ringel though and pro-active when things are going to hell in a hand basket. And I am maybe a bit better than Hombre is in accepting that sometimes things go to hell in a hand basket and there's absolutely nothing we can do about it so we might as well not make things harder than they have to be.

But he is more flexible than I am in adapting to different situations even though he gets terribly frustrated when people don't behave as he thinks they should. Going shopping with him in a group is an adventure, The rest of us spread out in a large store and just sort of keep track of the general location or direction of everybody else out of the corner of our eye or whatever. He worries like an old mother hen that we aren't all together--we'll lose somebody--and gets frustrated with the herding cats situation. :)
He sounds a little like me but I don't worry when everyone spreads out shopping what gets me are the people who are oblivious to anyone else around them, hence they're always in the way and when the wife says "I need to check on this, it'll only take a couple of minutes", then I'm waiting where I hope she can see me for a half hour........
We had to do Wally-World today for some "quick" shopping, didn't get there until 11:30am........ Big mistake......... Never go on weekends and NEVER go close to noon.

Do you mean Walmart?

The one that I go to seems to be always jam packed, and they never seem to have enough cashiers. I hate going there. A new Market Basket store just opened up, and I like going there better. It's not less packed, but they always have most of their registers open so the lines aren't SO bad, and they have a much better selection at Market Basket.
Yeah, Walmart (Wally-World, Stuff Mart). I've found that most times if one goes before 10m and after 9pm they're not very busy, the only drawbacks being even less registers are open and going the evening you're dealing with stockers and all that entails.

I would definitely prefer to go at night though. Lol. That is MUCH better than dealing with the crowds, IMO. :D
Our Walmart is open 24 hours which makes it nice for me. I can leave the bar at 2 AM and go pick up a needed maintenance item or a few pairs of socks. No lines and friendly cashiers that compete to have you use their aisle.

Ours is open 24 hours too. I rarely go late at night, but it is MUCH better when I do. I should really start doing that.

Okay, the electrician fixed the main light in the kitchen, the cleaner was here earlier, he has to pick up a lens cover for the light in the kitchen, all three panels were broken and the center one kept falling out plus he's picking up a tile soap dish for the tub in the jack and jill bath. The plumber just left after firing up the pilots but there seems to be a problem with the gas range top, will have to put in a work order for it.
The mechanical guy just called, he's on his way to get the swamp cooler (AC?) ready and turned on for the summer, it's been nice all day, overcast, but this weekend was hot and it's supposed to be in the 80s all week. I'm still unpacking and setting up, some of it is moving boxes to the back room till I can get to them. Things are getting done. :thup:

Okay, the electrician fixed the main light in the kitchen, the cleaner was here earlier, he has to pick up a lens cover for the light in the kitchen, all three panels were broken and the center one kept falling out plus he's picking up a tile soap dish for the tub in the jack and jill bath. The plumber just left after firing up the pilots but there seems to be a problem with the gas range top, will have to put in a work order for it.
The mechanical guy just called, he's on his way to get the swamp cooler (AC?) ready and turned on for the summer, it's been nice all day, overcast, but this weekend was hot and it's supposed to be in the 80s all week. I'm still unpacking and setting up, some of it is moving boxes to the back room till I can get to them. Things are getting done. :thup:

You must have the patience of Job.

You must have the patience of Job.
That is one of the things I actually pray for, among others like the wisdom of Salomon. I also know the trades people are really busy this time of year and unless it's an emergency will get to me in the order they have scheduled.
Where I have patience issues is with clueless, moronic and narcissistic people not to mention bossy, arrogant, dismissive bureaucrats.

I was given the little on her bath yesterday and she decided we were going to play I Spy. At one point, thinking she would find it funny, I used her boobies (that's what she calls anyone's nipples). Suddenly she decided she is going to be modest about it, now she's covering up her nipples whenever they might be exposed for me to see. She's not even 6 yet! It's too early for this kind of body modesty with me. Soon she's going to want to do the baths alone! :(

I was given the little on her bath yesterday and she decided we were going to play I Spy. At one point, thinking she would find it funny, I used her boobies (that's what she calls anyone's nipples). Suddenly she decided she is going to be modest about it, now she's covering up her nipples whenever they might be exposed for me to see. She's not even 6 yet! It's too early for this kind of body modesty with me. Soon she's going to want to do the baths alone! :(

Nope that is the normal time that they start. Sorry :(
This is exactly why we say they grow up too fast.

Okay I'm out for the evening everybody. Everybody have a good night and report back in the morning.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Save and Mrs. L in adversity,
Chris in transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Ernie's friend and colleague Max,
Noomi!!!
Ernie for wellness, rest, and extra strength,
Ringel for wellness, rest, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Sheila and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

th

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Quite a bit done but still a long way to go. Currently I'm in heaven, first hot shower and shave since Thursday last week, no more rinsing in cold water with a wash rag......... I may not look it but at least I feel human again. :D

Just dropping by to let everyone know we made it okay. Didn't get out of Trinidad until after 10 am, got to El Paso around 6 pm. The management company waited for us, and we got to the new house by 7 pm. The electric was on but nothing else so the wife called the water utility and they actually came out within an hour and turned it on which led to a slight problem....... One of the sink feeds was slightly leaking, couldn't turn off the valve at the feed so I put a trash basket under it and went to bed........ Woke up this morning to the sound of water........ the other feed for the same sink had started leaking and we had water all the way into the back room, good thing the floors are all tile on that side of the house!! No internal water shut off and I couldn't find the street shut off so I called the city water, they came out and shut it off. I called the plumber the management company uses, he came out and took care of the problem and turned the water back on, he was done by 8am (I was up at 6am) then the movers showed up around 11 am and were done unloading by 3 pm.
I went and got something for us to eat then took a literal cold shower, laid down for a minute and woke up a couple of hours later.
Oh yeah I'm tethered to my phone for internet access, Monday we'll have to turn on the gas, switch the electric over to our names and (most likely) get Time Warner for TV, internet, phone (land-line).

STRESS!!!!!!!!!! :eusa_wall:

I seriously can't wait for you two to get all these hassles behind you so you can move forth. Thanks for the update Rigel05. Hang in there. I would be needing meds at this point..lol
Waking up and sucking down coffee. Because of my nap yesterday I didn't get to sleep until 4am then the wife woke me up at 9:30.
Stress I can handle, I'm a solution/take action type even though on occasion it's been ready, fire, aim.......
The wife has been an occasional basket case for weeks so I don't have that luxury, one of us needs to be focused.
Got a list of things we need so we'll be heading to Wally-World soon.

And 'specially not close to pay day!!

Forum List

Back