USMB Coffee Shop IV

I've think I've become the general maintenance dude for pretty much everyone I know. :eusa_shifty:

Guys...if you're handy....please, for the Love of God....keep it under wraps. :)

Too late...I still have half a can of paint that needs to be used somewhere.:D

I'm good at taking garage door openers apart too. :) Call this one a labor of love.

Just went out and bought a washer, drier and fridge. The lease said the fridge (if there is one) is provided as a courtesy, not a requirement....... Cheap bast***s......... The earliest they can deliver it is Wednesday the 8th. Time to get back to work.

Just went out and bought a washer, drier and fridge. The lease said the fridge (if there is one) is provided as a courtesy, not a requirement....... Cheap bast***s......... The earliest they can deliver it is Wednesday the 8th. Time to get back to work.

And the beat goes on. That'll teach you to pray for patience. (j/k--I learned not to do that a long time ago because we so often are given so much opportunity to practice.)

Seriously I think the light must be burning brightly at the end of the tunnel for you because there isn't much left that could go wrong.

But EIGHT DAYS to get the stuff delivered? Is that the only place you can buy it for the price? Here we get next day or at least two day delivery from just about everybody--and often get same day delivery. Yesterday Hombre took my Uncle Ed to buy a new TV--their bedroom TV went out. He selected a 56" flat screen and they had to hurry home to get there before the store delivered it. It was delivered set up, programmed for cable and universal remote, and the downstairs TV moved to the bedroom and the bedroom TV was on the truck to be disposed of within an hour and a half of purchase. THAT's how I like to do business. :)

Last edited:
Okay I'm out for the evening everybody. Everybody have a good night and report back in the morning.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Save and Mrs. L in adversity,
Chris in transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Ernie's friend and colleague Max,
Noomi!!!
Ernie for wellness, rest, and extra strength,
Ringel for wellness, rest, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Sheila and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

th

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.
Foxy! Thankfully, we can take Max and me off the list.
Max's stitches are out and he is healing nicely. He even worked second shift Friday and Saturday and was in for a couple hours yesterday to get a new beertender familiar with the Point of Sale system.

My bronchitis is much better and the Advair is helping a lot with the COPD. Still on Doxicycline for the tick bite, but it looks like Lyme's has been thwarted.

So happy to take you two off the list Ernie. Glad things are looking up. If there are any setbacks we can put either or both of you right back on.

And I do appreciate AA and GW both enjoying independence and living alone. I can't imagine that I would remarry if Hombre passes on before I do because despite being an extravert, I need my alone time too. And I'm not sure I could find another guy as compatible about that as he is. He and I are best friends and do stuff together, but we also give each other our space. Even working together in the office we don't feel the need to interact every minute and each of us does our own thing without interruption.

I do like having another person in the house at night though. It isn't that I am afraid but I just sleep better.

As for security, I wouldn't mind concealed carry but it would add too much weight for my preferences most of the time. I carry a teensy purse just big enough for a small wallet, my cell phone, fountain pin, lip gloss/chap stick, finger nail file. You know all the essentials. And I keep that concealed when I am out and about. A shoulder purse is too tempting and too easy for thieves to grab and run and they don't care if they injure you in the process. We are advised to not only be wary of people on foot but those who might drive by close to you and grab that shoulder strap.

I avoid shopping at night if I am alone. And I avoid underground or dark parking garages or other places where people are more vulnerable. An ounce of prevention and all that. The risk is relatively small but what there is can have such terrible consequences we don't need to invite it.

As for security, I wouldn't mind concealed carry but it would add too much weight for my preferences most of the time. I carry a teensy purse just big enough for a small wallet, my cell phone, fountain pin, lip gloss/chap stick, finger nail file. You know all the essentials. And I keep that concealed when I am out and about. A shoulder purse is too tempting and too easy for thieves to grab and run and they don't care if they injure you in the process. We are advised to not only be wary of people on foot but those who might drive by close to you and grab that shoulder strap.

I avoid shopping at night if I am alone. And I avoid underground or dark parking garages or other places where people are more vulnerable. An ounce of prevention and all that. The risk is relatively small but what there is can have such terrible consequences we don't need to invite it.
My wife carries a purse big enough to pack a change of cloths in. Tucked down on one side is a Crown Royal bag with a snub nose Smith and Wesson 5 shot revolver.
She carries the purse over her opposite shoulder with her arm wrapped around it. I can't take it from her....

My wife carries a purse big enough to pack a change of cloths in. Tucked down on one side is a Crown Royal bag with a snub nose Smith and Wesson 5 shot revolver.
She carries the purse over her opposite shoulder with her arm wrapped around it. I can't take it from her....

We have had a number of incidents in the state though where especially thieves driving automobiles come up alongside somebody walking from their car into Walmart or the grocery store--they grab the strap of the purse and gun the car. The strap breaks or the woman lets go or she gets dragged--a couple of dislocated shoulders, broken arms involved etc. Our personal safety instructor said one fatality. Again we all should just be aware of our surroundings, don't trust the stranger too much, and don't make ourselves vulnerable.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
Noticing only a twinge of green as the trees start putting on leaves here--flowering trees are in full bloom. And the bird trees are blooming:

10696232_10206568017107571_1452489435010613104_n.jpg

And the beat goes on. That'll teach you to pray for patience. (j/k--I learned not to do that a long time ago because we so often are given so much opportunity to practice.)

Seriously I think the light must be burning brightly at the end of the tunnel for you because there isn't much left that could go wrong.

But EIGHT DAYS to get the stuff delivered? Is that the only place you can buy it for the price? Here we get next day or at least two day delivery from just about everybody--and often get same day delivery. Yesterday Hombre took my Uncle Ed to buy a new TV--their bedroom TV went out. He selected a 56" flat screen and they had to hurry home to get there before the store delivered it. It was delivered set up, programmed for cable and universal remote, and the downstairs TV moved to the bedroom and the bedroom TV was on the truck to be disposed of within an hour and a half of purchase. THAT's how I like to do business. :)
Looks like El Paso is in a different world, got all the items at Sears for a very good price, heck the initial delivery would have been the 15th till I said I'll buy it elsewhere if that's the earliest they could do.........
Ended up taking a 2 1/2 hour nap, woke up tired and extremely irritable, allergy season....... Had to go pick up the wife, not a pleasant experience for someone in my mood........... Pretty much my patience went right out the window.......
The wife has Friday off (Good Friday) so we drive up to Trinidad, stay overnight in a motel, pick up a small U Haul trailer get everything we left and be back Saturday afternoon.

We have had a number of incidents in the state though where especially thieves driving automobiles come up alongside somebody walking from their car into Walmart or the grocery store--they grab the strap of the purse and gun the car. The strap breaks or the woman lets go or she gets dragged--a couple of dislocated shoulders, broken arms involved etc. Our personal safety instructor said one fatality. Again we all should just be aware of our surroundings, don't trust the stranger too much, and don't make ourselves vulnerable.
Yup one of the biggest deterrent to crime is situational awareness, looking at everyone and everything (not being distracted, one the phone or appear to be off in your own little world). That way you generally remove yourself from the "easy mark" category. Making eye contact with a possible perp who might be marking you will most always dissuade him/her as he/she now thinks you will be able to identify them. Perps generally look for the easy mark, don't make yourself one.

Looks like El Paso is in a different world, got all the items at Sears for a very good price, heck the initial delivery would have been the 15th till I said I'll buy it elsewhere if that's the earliest they could do.........
Ended up taking a 2 1/2 hour nap, woke up tired and extremely irritable, allergy season....... Had to go pick up the wife, not a pleasant experience for someone in my mood........... Pretty much my patience went right out the window.......
The wife has Friday off (Good Friday) so we drive up to Trinidad, stay overnight in a motel, pick up a small U Haul trailer get everything we left and be back Saturday afternoon.

40829d3135913934696fd0dfe0d8e1c8.jpg

To be perfectly honest, I hate scents (allergic to most all of them) and that would make it 100 times worse. I'm in a foul enough mood now........

To be perfectly honest, I hate scents (allergic to most all of them) and that would make it 100 times worse. I'm in a foul enough mood now........

Hmmm. Well just trying to come up with something to help. How about a hypo allergenic teddy bear to hug? Or hug Mrs. R? You know me - Mama "Fix-it". Or how about one of these little fellers? Hypo-allergenic and fun:

://static.wixstatic.com/media/3d8890_d7a6efbe49844650b753c1ac444c8189.png_srb_p_995_445_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srb
Teddy Bears Habibi Bear hypoallergenic Teddy Bear puppies in Wa

Hmmm. Well just trying to come up with something to help. How about a hypo allergenic teddy bear to hug? Or hug Mrs. R? You know me - Mama "Fix-it". Or how about one of these little fellers? Hypo-allergenic and fun:

Teddy Bears Habibi Bear hypoallergenic Teddy Bear puppies in Wa
Right now the wife is keeping her distance (as are the cats.......), she understands, has those days herself. :lol:
It's easing up quite a bit, I'm no longer ready to go on a killing spree......... :D

Hello friends, as some know I've been pretty busy with Mrs O, in and out of the Hospital these past 4 months. She has entered end stage Liver disease, I'm going to talk with her doctors about changing her treatment to a palliative Care. There is no sense in trying to cure something that is incurable. Best for her that we treat the symptoms and make her as comfortable as possible. There are some here who can get messages to me if need be....

Forum List

Back