USMB Coffee Shop IV

I was gasping just reading it.
Get some trekking poles. I love mine. Without them..I would be up shit creek with my bad hip.

I remember when you ordered those trekking poles Gracie but then you never mentioned how you like them once you got them. They work well for you?
They are AWESOME. I can't believe that two poles would make such a HUGE difference. I used to use walking staffs out of branches that I would go hunting for, then carve in to snake heads and whatnot...complete with scales. That was when I had better flexibility of my wrists and hands and could use the exacto knives. But it was just ONE walking stick. Who woulda thunk TWO would do what ONE couldn't do?
Upper arm workout, cardiovascular stuff...strain off ankles, knees, hips. I can walk further now than I have in 5 years. Love 'em! They stay in my van. Where I go, they go. People ask me about them all the time, too. I tell them...go to ebay, spend 15 bucks, GET SOME.
I used trekking poles when I was guiding. They are a great aid for scaling those steep mountains where Dall sheep reside, and they make great shooting sticks, as well.

I can relate. Bradley Cooper does have nice eyes:

bradley-cooper.jpg

And we gals can get all mushy about great blue eyes:

Paul-Newman-Daytona-Rolex.jpg
search
th
th
th

. . .but I have it on good authority that other things are more important. :)
How could you ladies have neglected this gent? Especially the well-seasoned gals:

Attachments

• Peter_OToole_in_Lawrence_of_Arabia-427x320.png
    Peter_OToole_in_Lawrence_of_Arabia-427x320.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 55
I have my first appointment with my counselor next week and I am pretty darned nervous. I guess I will give it a go and see if it helps, seeing I have been on a waiting list for two months.

I would love the people responsible to be brought to justice but that probably won't happen, so talking about it might have to be what I can settle for.
OK, Noomi. What did I miss? Do you mean "counselor" as in attorney, or as in mental health professional?

Hello...hello? Is there an echo in here?
At least I caught up.
It's been pretty warm up here, high 60s low 70s. I've been sweating like a pig, working outside. We're in shirtsleeves and shorts (for those who prefer those) at work. I seem to have gotten on the wrong side of city ordinances and am now dealing with city hall for things that should be no one's business.
On the other hand, it feels good to be cleaning up around here. Having a bona fide hoarder for a partner makes life pretty challenging sometimes.

I was gasping just reading it.
Get some trekking poles. I love mine. Without them..I would be up shit creek with my bad hip.

I remember when you ordered those trekking poles Gracie but then you never mentioned how you like them once you got them. They work well for you?
They are AWESOME. I can't believe that two poles would make such a HUGE difference. I used to use walking staffs out of branches that I would go hunting for, then carve in to snake heads and whatnot...complete with scales. That was when I had better flexibility of my wrists and hands and could use the exacto knives. But it was just ONE walking stick. Who woulda thunk TWO would do what ONE couldn't do?
Upper arm workout, cardiovascular stuff...strain off ankles, knees, hips. I can walk further now than I have in 5 years. Love 'em! They stay in my van. Where I go, they go. People ask me about them all the time, too. I tell them...go to ebay, spend 15 bucks, GET SOME.
I used trekking poles when I was guiding. They are a great aid for scaling those steep mountains where Dall sheep reside, and they make great shooting sticks, as well.
Shooting sticks??? 'Splain, please.

There are still hang gliders in Cayucos. I see them now and then. Also along Foothill blvd out towards Madonna Mountain, they can be seen gliding around up there. I always wanted to do that but no can do now. Well, I might be able to if it's tandem with a guy behind me to help land us.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Save and Mrs. L in adversity,
Chris in transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Becki, R.D., and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

Texas-hill-country-blue_thumb.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Good morning everyone! It is another unseasonably chilly/rainy day here. I am hoping to squeeze in a run around noon when the rain is supposed to taper off for an hour or so. Have a great day ya'll!

I always found it interesting when black people have blue eyes. It's a stunning combination.

Yummy, isn't he? :biggrin:

michael_ealy_interview.jpg
Nope, sorry, doesn't do anything for me....... :eusa_whistle:

Come now, he is a GORGEOUS specimen of man! :lol:

He was in a pretty good sci fi show called Almost Human last year. It got cancelled, though. :(

He was in a show I used to watch a long time ago called CSI. It wasn't CSI Miami. It was just CSI. The first one. I really liked that show until the main character left. I can't remember what his name was, but he really kind of made that show, IMO. A lot of times, for me, a show just isn't the same after the main character leaves.

I always found it interesting when black people have blue eyes. It's a stunning combination.

He was in a pretty good sci fi show called Almost Human last year. It got cancelled, though. :(

He was in a show I used to watch a long time ago called CSI. It wasn't CSI Miami. It was just CSI. The first one. I really liked that show until the main character left. I can't remember what his name was, but he really kind of made that show, IMO. A lot of times, for me, a show just isn't the same after the main character leaves.
William Petersen.

1406182158william%20peterson.jpg

William Petersen.

Yes, thank you. :) I loved him on that show! After he left, I might have watched a few episodes but gave up on it because it just wasn't the same without him.

William Petersen.

Yes, thank you. :) I loved him on that show! After he left, I might have watched a few episodes but gave up on it because it just wasn't the same without him.

And he had blue eyes. :) I agree CSI was not the same after he left.

Good morning everybody. I slept in and slept in and slept in this morning. And feel much better.

Good to see that MDK dropped by and glad those folks back east are getting the rain for now--I don't think Texas and Oklahoma and Kansas can take any more for awhile, but it is good to see all those lakes filling up.,

Nippy here today. June Gloom, we call it. Fog. Lots of it. But at least it is not baking what is already baked and keeping the earth a tad cooler.

Off to doc in a few. Gotta get refills, referals to the gastro doc, records sent to him, etc. before my visit with him on the 25th to see if he wants me to swallow the camera pill. Then I have to run around after getting out of docs office so I won't be back for a few hours. Y'all have a great afternoon!

Forum List

Back