USMB Coffee Shop IV

Complicated?!? We walked passed rack after rack of sweaters and she not only touched each and every sweater, but held them up for effect!

Sweet cheese on a stick!

I shop for sweaters and choose the blue one. Period.

Shopping ain't that hard!

You guys just don't know how to shop correctly. :biggrin:
Yeah we do..........

online-computer-shopping.jpg

:eusa_whistle:

But then you miss out on the whole tactile stimulation of the shopping experience! :wink_2:
Nah, I save that for shopping at the Cadillac Ranch.......

I don't know what that is. :biggrin:
Got my "shopping malls" mixed up.......

Should said the Mustang Ranch........

mustang-ranch.jpg

Come now, he is a GORGEOUS specimen of man! :lol:

He was in a pretty good sci fi show called Almost Human last year. It got cancelled, though. :(

He was in a show I used to watch a long time ago called CSI. It wasn't CSI Miami. It was just CSI. The first one. I really liked that show until the main character left. I can't remember what his name was, but he really kind of made that show, IMO. A lot of times, for me, a show just isn't the same after the main character leaves.
William Petersen.

1406182158william%20peterson.jpg
Whatshisface on CSI was awesome. But his taste in women SUCKS. I hated that gape toothed bitch. HATED her. I stopped watching it just because I could not stand her.

Who is the "gape toothed bitch?" Lol. Do you mean on the show or in real life?
The love interest he had on the show years ago. Ugly squashed faced bitch with the gap in her front teeth.

He was in a pretty good sci fi show called Almost Human last year. It got cancelled, though. :(

He was in a show I used to watch a long time ago called CSI. It wasn't CSI Miami. It was just CSI. The first one. I really liked that show until the main character left. I can't remember what his name was, but he really kind of made that show, IMO. A lot of times, for me, a show just isn't the same after the main character leaves.
William Petersen.

Whatshisface on CSI was awesome. But his taste in women SUCKS. I hated that gape toothed bitch. HATED her. I stopped watching it just because I could not stand her.

Probably Jorja Fox.

latest
Yeah. Her. Can't stand her. I also won't watch anything Margo Kidder plays in. Can't stand her either. There are some celebs I just refuse to watch.

William Petersen.

Probably Jorja Fox.

latest
Yeah. Her. Can't stand her. I also won't watch anything Margo Kidder plays in. Can't stand her either. There are some celebs I just refuse to watch.
Understood, I can't stand Danny DeVito.

William Petersen.

Probably Jorja Fox.

latest
I could do without him except he was funny in Ruthless People. Otherwise...I usually pass on whatever he plays in.
I'm also glad this quirk of mine is also someone elses quirk, lol.
Hubby flat out refused to watch ANYTHING Robbin Williams was in. Except Awakenings. He liked that one.

Well, we women like to do price comparisons, and also we may see the same thing that is on sale someplace else. Also, when it comes to clothes, that is VERY complicated territory!
Complicated?!? We walked passed rack after rack of sweaters and she not only touched each and every sweater, but held them up for effect!

Sweet cheese on a stick!

I shop for sweaters and choose the blue one. Period.

Shopping ain't that hard!

You guys just don't know how to shop correctly. :biggrin:
Yeah we do..........

online-computer-shopping.jpg

:eusa_whistle:

LOL. That's the way I like to do all my shopping these days, but like yesterday when we needed to go get a new electric range, I wanted to eyeball them--didn't trust a picture on the internet. And sure enough, if Hombre had gone alone, he would have gone straight to the range we picked out as the one we were sure we wanted, would have bought it, and that would be that. But because I went, I looked at EVERYTHING. And I spotted a better stove with nicer features, was prettier, retailed for more, but was on sale, and, because they would have had to order the other one even though the computer said it was in stock, they let us have the better one for the same price. I am a very happy camper.

And sometimes I like to just canvas the grocery store too, find out what new products are offered, and check out sales on stuff we normally don't buy as staples. I get bored cooking the same old stuff again and again--sometimes want some extra variety.
NO! I won't go shopping with you !!

Aw, I'm fun to go shopping with. :)

Probably Jorja Fox.

latest
I could do without him except he was funny in Ruthless People. Otherwise...I usually pass on whatever he plays in.
Hubby flat out refused to watch ANYTHING Robbin Williams was in. Except Awakenings. He liked that one.

Danny DeVito has had some stellar roles. He was perfect as Matt Damon's costar in "The Rainmaker". Really good movie--I give it 5 stars on my home list. And he was also excellent in the lead role in "The Renaissance Man", also a movie I highly recommend.

Probably Jorja Fox.

latest

Robin Williams?! He's been in great stuff! Good Morning, Vietnam, Good Will Hunting, the voice of Genie from Aladdin, plenty of high quality movies of various genres he's been in.

DeVito has been in some good movies as well. Throw Momma From the Train, Mars Attacks!, Romancing The Stone.

I might be less inclined to watch a movie if it has an actor I don't particularly like, but I have never just refused to watch movies with a particular actor. Other than some horrible B movies, I have never seen someone I disliked so much they ruined an otherwise good movie. Even Kate Winslet, who I thought was incredibly bad in Titanic, I never actively avoided. :)

I figure if I can watch Stallone, Schwartzenegger and the like, I can watch just about anyone. :lol:

Probably Jorja Fox.

latest

Robin Williams?! He's been in great stuff! Good Morning, Vietnam, Good Will Hunting, the voice of Genie from Aladdin, plenty of high quality movies of various genres he's been in.

DeVito has been in some good movies as well. Throw Momma From the Train, Mars Attacks!, Romancing The Stone.

I might be less inclined to watch a movie if it has an actor I don't particularly like, but I have never just refused to watch movies with a particular actor. Other than some horrible B movies, I have never seen someone I disliked so much they ruined an otherwise good movie. Even Kate Winslet, who I thought was incredibly bad in Titanic, I never actively avoided. :)

I figure if I can watch Stallone, Schwartzenegger and the like, I can watch just about anyone. :lol:
Never said I didn't watch movies he was in or that he was a bad actor, just don't like him, not sure why but he just "rubs me the wrong way". Heck he might be the greatest humanitarian alive but you all know what I mean when someone just irritates simply by their presence. :dunno:

Okay, that was the 3rd time in the last couple of weeks that I left something on the burner and got distracted....... Not a happy camper.

Probably Jorja Fox.

latest

Agree with others though that there are just some actors I don't care for and usually don't check out anything they are in. Chevy Chase, Steve Martin, Will Ferrell fall into that category. Don't have a thing against any one of them but they just grate on my nerves so I don't check anything out that they are in. Jim Carrey and Danny DeVito and some others I like in some things, not in others. As I said DeVito was perfect for his roles in Rennaissance Man and The Rainmaker, but I won't watch "Throw Momma from the Train" or other more slapstick stuff he is in.

I can separate the actor from his or her personal life though and don't avoid them just because I don't like their personal life or politics or weird religion or whatever.

Okay, that was the 3rd time in the last couple of weeks that I left something on the burner and got distracted....... Not a happy camper.

Make yourself to set the timer on the stove dear to remind you to check whatever you're cooking in however many minutes. I have to do that all the time--the kitchen is only a few steps from the office, but the stove is out of sight (and out of mind) when I'm at the computer. So I set the timer to remind me to remember I am cooking something.

Make yourself to set the timer on the stove dear to remind you to check whatever you're cooking in however many minutes. I have to do that all the time--the kitchen is only a few steps from the office, but the stove is out of sight (and out of mind) when I'm at the computer. So I set the timer to remind me to remember I am cooking something.
The microwave has a kitchen timer built in, used it yesterday cooking rice but for some reason never heard it go off and I'm almost right next to it on my laptop. Probably due to the house and kitchen being so big, in the Trinidad house everything was pretty much in close proximity and easy to reach. Here there's an "L" running across the opening to the kitchen, I have a small dining room table on one side and I sit where the wall starts so I can't see the stove/rangetop from here. It's frustrating me because I'm never this forgetful.

William Petersen.

Probably Jorja Fox.

latest

I agree re Margot Kidder. She literally makes my skin crawl.

Probably Jorja Fox.

latest

Agree with others though that there are just some actors I don't care for and usually don't check out anything they are in. Chevy Chase, Steve Martin, Will Ferrell fall into that category. Don't have a thing against any one of them but they just grate on my nerves so I don't check anything out that they are in. Jim Carrey and Danny DeVito and some others I like in some things, not in others. As I said DeVito was perfect for his roles in Rennaissance Man and The Rainmaker, but I won't watch "Throw Momma from the Train" or other more slapstick stuff he is in.

I can separate the actor from his or her personal life though and don't avoid them just because I don't like their personal life or politics or weird religion or whatever.

It wouldn't be the holidays without Chevy Chase and Christmas vacation. I love Steve Martin...Planes, Trains and Automobiles is one of my favorite comedies. Will Ferrell cracks me up...he's such a goofball. My favorite comedian in movies is Vince Vaughn...love him in everything, but my favorite is Wedding Crashers.:D

The microwave has a kitchen timer built in, used it yesterday cooking rice but for some reason never heard it go off and I'm almost right next to it on my laptop. Probably due to the house and kitchen being so big, in the Trinidad house everything was pretty much in close proximity and easy to reach. Here there's an "L" running across the opening to the kitchen, I have a small dining room table on one side and I sit where the wall starts so I can't see the stove/rangetop from here. It's frustrating me because I'm never this forgetful.

I understand. But as we get older, I prefer to think of it as our focus improves. :) At any rate, I don't trust myself to remember that I need to check something on the stove or in the toaster oven or whatever, so I routinely set the timer on the stove that is loud and persistent. Before I did that I was burning up a lot of stuff--I'm surprised I didn't set the kitchen on fire. Right now I have water heating to steam tamales for supper and I set the timer to check on it in 10 minutes--if it is boiling I put the tamales in the steamer. Otherwise I would likely let the pot boil dry and voila, a ruined pot and maybe a damaged burner.

It wouldn't be the holidays without Chevy Chase and Christmas vacation. I love Steve Martin...Planes, Trains and Automobiles is one of my favorite comedies. Will Ferrell cracks me up...he's such a goofball. My favorite comedian in movies is Vince Vaughn...love him in everything, but my favorite is Wedding Crashers.:D

I can appreciate that. I just can't appreciate the actors, though I don't hate any of those movies. They just aren't the kind of movie I seek out for whatever aesthetic appeal. I guess I deal with enough frustrations in real life to enjoy people having them in the movies. :)

My favorite kinds of comedies are the dramadies like Down Periscope or Moonstruck or My Cousin Vinny or Armageddon or Dave or Guarding Tess.

Last edited:

I can appreciate that. I just can't appreciate the actors, though I don't hate any of those movies. They just aren't the kind of movie I seek out for whatever aesthetic appeal. I guess I deal with enough frustrations in real life to enjoy people having them in the movies. :)

My favorite kinds of comedies are the dramadies like Down Periscope or Moonstruck or My Cousin Vinny or Armageddon.

Speaking of movies, when WQ and I were headed into the theater this weekend, your name was mentioned.:eusa_whistle:

I am not much of a comedy fan. I will watch MAYBE one or 2 a year, if that. And I NEVER watch chick flicks sob story pull-out-the-violin stuff. Add animal stories to that, too. The animal ALWAYS dies and I am a wreck. No no and no.
My kinda movies action/adventure...Casino, Godfather 123, Avatar, LOTR, Aliens, etc.

My favorite kinds of comedies are the dramadies like Down Periscope or Moonstruck or My Cousin Vinny or Armageddon.

Speaking of movies, when WQ and I were headed into the theater this weekend, your name was mentioned.:eusa_whistle:

Fondly I hope. :)

Forum List

Back