USMB Coffee Shop IV

lighter_emote_by_mirz123-d4gs53y.gif

:) I wouldn't have thought a New England girl would be a Bret Michaels fan. :)

I have very varied tastes in music. I like a little bit of everything, except maybe country, but I'm sure there are a couple/few country songs that I would like too.

Well that's what I meant. Poison is a country band. :)

I have very varied tastes in music. I like a little bit of everything, except maybe country, but I'm sure there are a couple/few country songs that I would like too.

Really? I didn't know that, but I'm only really familiar with a couple of their songs. I always thought they were more like "glam rock." :dunno:

Foxy! Hey! Could you add my wife to the vigil list, at least over night. I'm taking her in for a cardiac angiography tomorrow at 1 PM.

Absolutely Ernie. Those are pretty routine but we sure want a good report/result.

You can probably take my name off the vigil list, because I'm just sticking with my same old job for now. I still have my resume out there and every now and again I will probably get a response, but so far I haven't really been able to find what I'm looking for. Most of the sales jobs that have contacted me are independent contractor type positions, and I just don't feel I have the experience to be able to do that just yet.

Foxy! Hey! Could you add my wife to the vigil list, at least over night. I'm taking her in for a cardiac angiography tomorrow at 1 PM.

Absolutely Ernie. Those are pretty routine but we sure want a good report/result.

You can probably take my name off the vigil list, because I'm just sticking with my same old job for now. I still have my resume out there and every now and again I will probably get a response, but so far I haven't really been able to find what I'm looking for. Most of the sales jobs that have contacted me are independent contractor type positions, and I just don't feel I have the experience to be able to do that just yet.

Okay but let me know if you want to go back on. You'll still be included in the general looking for work group. :)

I worked for all practical purposes as an independent contractor for a lot of years--and I had to learn from scratch--but I was not my own sole source of income either so taking the risk wasn't that big a deal. When Hombre did that--he also had to learn from scratch--we had enough backup cash in case it didn't work out for him. (It did.) And we eventually formed our own company and just worked for ourselves. But I loved being my own boss, able to set my own schedule, and knowing if I put in longer hours and worked harder, that would be rewarded. And before we went on our own, I was working straight commission--no benefits of any kind--and loved it. It isn't for everybody. But if you can afford to take the risk, have the necessary skill set, and the temperament to be comfortable with the uncertainties, it can be great.

Last edited:
The first image I posted apparently didn't like hanging out here...... Or the cat woke up and moved on........ :eusa_whistle:

I see the image you posted now though--the first time I looked it wasn't the cat but some graphic, probably for an ad. But the cat is there now.

Really? I didn't know that, but I'm only really familiar with a couple of their songs. I always thought they were more like "glam rock." :dunno:

That's because you are right. I don't know if Foxy was joking, but Poison was (maybe still is? I have no idea if the band might still be around) a hair/glam metal band. They were popular back in the 80s.

That's because you are right. I don't know if Foxy was joking, but Poison was (maybe still is? I have no idea if the band might still be around) a hair/glam metal band. They were popular back in the 80s.

A little tongue-in-cheek maybe, but there is a lot of conversation on the country scene about Bret and his country aspirations as a solo artist. Like many modern singers/groups, he has been cross over at times, and anybody who has followed him closely probably saw some country in there.

. . .On Wednesday (Jan. 5), Michaels directed a Chapel Hill-based film crew and the band through a series of scenes — of the band lip-syncing in a horse ring, of them lip-syncing in front of a truck filled with hay bales and pretty ladies and Thor, the redbone coonhound. Check out pictures from the video shoot at this location (free registration required).

Michaels says he wants to reposition himself as a player on the country scene. He hopes to release a country album, "Freedom of Sound", this fall.

He says he isn't worried about being accepted by Nashville and its fans. Michaels says he's been influenced by KISS and AEROSMITH, but likes LYNYRD SKYNYRD, the ALLMAN BROTHERS BAND and GEORGE STRAIT as well. . ."

"The reason I don't fear it is that I'm comfortable in my skin. I'm not trying to trick anybody," he said. . .

Read more at Poison Singer Directs Country Band s Music Video Photos Available - Blabbermouth.net

I actually just recently read that Bon Jovi put out a country album in the early 2000s that was at least moderately successful. And Darius Rucker, the singer from Hootie and the Blowfish, is currently a country singer.

I don't know why anyone would want to change genres to country, but it certainly happens. :p

I actually just recently read that Bon Jovi put out a country album in the early 2000s that was at least moderately successful. And Darius Rucker, the singer from Hootie and the Blowfish, is currently a country singer.

I don't know why anyone would want to change genres to country, but it certainly happens. :p

Well if you have listened to the tuneless racket with unimaginative and repetitious lyrics that passes for most modern music these days, country is one of the few places you can still find real music. And it is pretty terrible in my opinion--the country music of the 1980's and 90's was far superior.

I ran across this Texas Tenors performance a little while ago. This is country at its finest:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back