USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Save and Mrs. L in adversity,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
ChrisL's interview,
Mrs. Ernie,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Spoonman, Gracie, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

4th-Of-July-America-3.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Good morning and Happy Fourth everybody. Shoulder/upper arm still ache but it is less each day, so I am assuming I am getting well. Right now enjoying toast and coffee and waiting for the ibuprofen to kick in so I can get started on a humongous potato salad for a family cookout later.

Hope you all have a pleasant and happy day planned.

Good morning everybody. We had a pleasant family cookout yesterday at Aunt Betty's and Uncle Ed's. The weather was perfect with temps in the high 70's (rain clouds around cooled things off considerably), overcast skies so no sun in our eyes, no wind, no flies, no mosquitos. Just a wonderful afternoon and evening in their lovely back yard. All the extra activity didn't do a thing for my ailing left arm, but it was worth it. We did play hooky from church this morning as I just didn't think I could handle wrestling myself one-armed in and out of the car again.

Plus the neighbors didn't run out of ammo with their fireworks until close to midnight so sleep was not much of an option until that happened.

So hope everybody is having a great 4th of July weekend. Hope activity picked up at the Alien Festival for the Ringels and Ernie is enjoying his family and everybody else is doing pretty much what they want to do.

It's official...WQ put a ring on it!!
flashing-diamond-ring-smiley-emoticon.gif

Woo hoo!!! Did ya'll put a date on the ring yet?

I am an excellent judge of character (she says immodestly) and I think the two of you to also be excellent judges of character, so if the three of us see this as a good thing, then it is. :) Congratulations and very best wishes.

I am an excellent judge of character (she says immodestly) and I think the two of you to also be excellent judges of character, so if the three of us see this as a good thing, then it is. :) Congratulations and very best wishes.

Thanks, Foxy...most likely it will be sometime in the spring.:)

Thank you kind lady. It was a wonderful four days at chez Sherry. :D Her son....(the prodigy) and me did some recording and writing. We did.....I think.....really nice string arrangement to an Eagle's song called Seven Bridges Road. Like my guitar....love his string part....but as usual....hate my voice. :( I might post sometime.

Foxy....since I know you are a musician and your kids are as well....I thought you might like the following. Me trying to channel Jimmy Page with a little WQ at the end. The second is a beautiful Chris Isaac song.

Hope you like. :)

Good morning everybody. We had a pleasant family cookout yesterday at Aunt Betty's and Uncle Ed's. The weather was perfect with temps in the high 70's (rain clouds around cooled things off considerably), overcast skies so no sun in our eyes, no wind, no flies, no mosquitos. Just a wonderful afternoon and evening in their lovely back yard. All the extra activity didn't do a thing for my ailing left arm, but it was worth it. We did play hooky from church this morning as I just didn't think I could handle wrestling myself one-armed in and out of the car again.

Plus the neighbors didn't run out of ammo with their fireworks until close to midnight so sleep was not much of an option until that happened.

So hope everybody is having a great 4th of July weekend. Hope activity picked up at the Alien Festival for the Ringels and Ernie is enjoying his family and everybody else is doing pretty much what they want to do.

I went to watch fireworks at a secret spot where you can see for miles and miles with a couple of friends both Friday night and last night. It was awesome. We got to see a whole bunch of shows at the same time! :D My neck was starting to hurt because I kept turning my head here, there, over there. :lol: Today, I went to a cookout at my aunties. Just the usual stuff, hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken wings, potato salad, the usual stuff. Great weekend! :) Hope your arm feels all better soon.

Thank you kind lady. It was a wonderful four days at chez Sherry. :D Her son....(the prodigy) and me did some recording and writing. We did.....I think.....really nice string arrangement to an Eagle's song called Seven Bridges Road. Like my guitar....love his string part....but as usual....hate my voice. :( I might post sometime.

Foxy....since I know you are a musician and your kids are as well....I thought you might like the following. Me trying to channel Jimmy Page with a little WQ at the end. The second is a beautiful Chris Isaac song.

Good stuff. Really good stuff!!!!

And I dunno WQ. You have excellent pitch and a very pleasant voice. I would have to see you perform and check out some range, dynamics things to know whether you would be a good front man, but from what I have heard, your voice is much better than you give it credit. :) (And I don't like to hear my voice on tape either but others tell me they hear it much differently. What I'm saying is you are probably not the best judge of how good you are. :))

Last edited:

And I dunno WQ. You have excellent pitch and a very pleasant voice. I would have to see you perform and check out some range, dynamics things, but from what I have heard, your voice is much better than you give it credit. :) (And I don't like to hear my voice on tape either but others tell me they hear it much differently. What I'm saying is you are probably not the best judge of how good you are. :))

I guess it's the hearing on tape thing. I sing in tune and the voice is strong....but I don't like the sound of it....I can't explain why. The guitar I like so go figure. Thanks for the feedback.

And I dunno WQ. You have excellent pitch and a very pleasant voice. I would have to see you perform and check out some range, dynamics things, but from what I have heard, your voice is much better than you give it credit. :) (And I don't like to hear my voice on tape either but others tell me they hear it much differently. What I'm saying is you are probably not the best judge of how good you are. :))

I guess it's the hearing on tape thing. I sing in tune and the voice is strong....but I don't like the sound of it....I can't explain why. The guitar I like so go figure. Thanks for the feedback.

Well I love it...and that's all that matters.:D

Congrats to Sherry and WQ!!
(Sherry, we can keep meeting in our secret place if ya want........)

Oh, can others read that??!! Damn!!

:D

We left Roswell early and enjoyed the trip home, stopped in Hondo and bought a nice handmade patio rocking chair. They had some gorgeous rosewood dining room chairs that I'm considering though they're about $150 each.

Harper is getting tubes in her ears again on Wednesday. Takes about 15 minutes, so no biggie there. However they also want to fill a couple of cavities which will take another two hours to three. This is worrisome, so she had a rough time with the anesthesia last time. Opa is worried.

Forum List

Back