USMB Coffee Shop IV

<insert suitable rooster sound here>
I've got just the thing for that rooster.......

wood-axe.jpg

No coffee yet huh?
No CPAP yet........ :eusa_whistle:

Just got back from running the wife all over (clinic rounds) and my follow up at the sleep center. Yup they counted almost 200 times in just over 5 hours that I stopped breathing, on the 20th I go back for a CPAP sleep test, basically to find which pressure works best for me. The doc said the VA currently has the best ones on the market and I'll obviously be getting mine from them. As thing as going in a few years I just might look like this;

cyborg.jpg

:lol:

Well I am certainly glad you are getting some help, but I am very disappointed that with that diagnosis, they are making you wait 20 days to be fitted with a CPAP? To me that is criminal. Hombre had his sleep test, they fitted him with the CPAP that very night, and he came home with it the next morning.
The VA doesn't do the sleep testing, it's all contracted out so it's the typical government mandated step 1 through step 200, since it's free for me I really can't complain....... too much....... :D

One of my uncles is on CPAP. He says that you actually do get used to sleeping with the mask.

Just got back from running the wife all over (clinic rounds) and my follow up at the sleep center. Yup they counted almost 200 times in just over 5 hours that I stopped breathing, on the 20th I go back for a CPAP sleep test, basically to find which pressure works best for me. The doc said the VA currently has the best ones on the market and I'll obviously be getting mine from them. As thing as going in a few years I just might look like this;

cyborg.jpg

Well I am certainly glad you are getting some help, but I am very disappointed that with that diagnosis, they are making you wait 20 days to be fitted with a CPAP? To me that is criminal. Hombre had his sleep test, they fitted him with the CPAP that very night, and he came home with it the next morning.
The VA doesn't do the sleep testing, it's all contracted out so it's the typical government mandated step 1 through step 200, since it's free for me I really can't complain....... too much....... :D

One of my uncles is on CPAP. He says that you actually do get used to sleeping with the mask.
Yeah, I know it's going to take some getting used to but I'm exhausted all the time and if this fixes the problem then I'll learn to like it...... :D
Talking with the doc, apnea is hereditary, many things can trigger it or make it worse. Soldiers returning from war that have been exposed to explosions have had their apnea triggered by that exposure so we have healthy 20 somethings who are now dealing with a genetic issue brought about at a young age that might not have manifested itself until much later in life.

Last edited:

cyborg.jpg

Yeah, I know it's going to take some getting used to but I'm exhausted all the time and if this fixes the problem then I'll learn to like it...... :D

Well, I really hope it helps. Good luck to you, Ringel! :) My uncle seems to be doing quite well with it.

cyborg.jpg

Hombre had not slept in years--he was intermittently entering a sleep stage just barely enough to keep himself alive. This was causing aches, pains, irritability, depression, excess urination during the night, as well as fatigue and a tendency to dose off at inappropriate, and sometimes dangerous, times.

When he experienced his first good night's sleep with the CPAP, he was definitely a changed man. He couldn't believe how much better he felt. No more fatigue, he was able to stay fully awake from rising to bedtime, felt more physically fit, and was much more alert and positive and like his old self. So from the beginning he has looked forward to going to bed with it and he definitely considers it a friend, not a burden. (Bracing for the huge opening I gave the guys with that one. :))

But he doesn't really wear a mask--just a light harness to secure the device that forces moistened air/oxygen into his hose. It stopped his snoring, which was a huge blessing for me, and it it is not uncomfortable for him at all. He did learn pretty quickly not to use it without putting water in the humidifier too. :)

cyborg.jpg

Hombre had not slept in years--he was intermittently entering a sleep stage just barely enough to keep himself alive. This was causing aches, pains, irritability, depression, excess urination during the night, as well as fatigue and a tendency to dose off at inappropriate, and sometimes dangerous, times.

When he experienced his first good night's sleep with the CPAP, he was definitely a changed man. He couldn't believe how much better he felt. No more fatigue, he was able to stay fully awake from rising to bedtime, felt more physically fit, and was much more alert and positive and like his old self. So from the beginning he has looked forward to going to bed with it and he definitely considers it a friend, not a burden. (Bracing for the huge opening I gave the guys with that one. :))

But he doesn't really wear a mask--just a light harness to secure the device that forces moistened air/oxygen into his hose. It stopped his snoring, which was a huge blessing for me, and it it is not uncomfortable for him at all. He did learn pretty quickly not to use it without putting water in the humidifier too. :)
I've had a headache for days, sometimes pretty severe. Pretty sure it's a combination of the apnea, allergies and stress due to the wife's work situation. At this point she's being ostracized but is reporting everything to HR, if she can hold out one more month then she'll qualify for unemployment if they fire her or we can prove a "hostile work environment" .

cyborg.jpg

I've had a headache for days, sometimes pretty severe. Pretty sure it's a combination of the apnea, allergies and stress due to the wife's work situation. At this point she's being ostracized but is reporting everything to HR, if she can hold out one more month then she'll qualify for unemployment if they fire her or we can prove a "hostile work environment" .

And she has made herself available with resumes and stuff on the open job market too, yes? I was watching a movie made in India with some heavily accented English and a lot of English subtitles last night--called "The Lunchbox". It was definitely low budget and probably wouldn't be as good to a guy, but it hooked me fairly quickly and I was drawn into it. And one of the lines that I thought specially pertinent was "Sometimes the wrong train will get you to the right station."

My son, who is devoutly religious, never could understand why he had to go through a hellish job in southeast Texas. . . until. . .that job opened the door and led him into the job he has now that has been absolutely great for him beyond his wildest imagination. Without the one, the second almost certainly never would have happened. So, you guys remain on the list.

Last edited:
Oh and all of a sudden all the recommendations and suggestions she made that were initially rebuffed or ignored are being put in place........ Uuummmmm........

And she has made herself available with resumes and stuff on the open job market too, yes?
Oh yeah, she's been flooding the market with resumes.

I was fired from 7-11 when I refused to work 4 midnight shifts a week. I told the owner a month before that school was starting up in four weeks and I wanted to sub again. He told me to work the shifts or quit. I quit and he said, no you're fired. :)

I was also fired from a book jobbing company that I tried to computerize more in the 1990s. They fired me and recently went under. Too bad they didn't computerize...

Oh yeah, she's been flooding the market with resumes.

I didn't think you could use the word flood in Texas these days.

You can definitely use the word 'flood' in Texas beginning in central Texas and all the way north, south, and east. Many if not most of those areas have received double or triple their normal amount of rain so far this year. Lake Texhoma was over the spillway twice this summer which is something that just never happens. The DFW metro area and the Houston metro area have had street flooding deep enough to drown people and almost all of the lakes and rivers have been over their banks. We've never seen anything like it.

Krogers as they are known here and King Sooper out West have something strange in their stores. When I go through self checkout the credit/debit reader is directly above the cash receptacle. It makes it very difficult to insert bills into the machine. Almost like they don't want you to use cash. Weird.

Krogers as they are known here and King Sooper out West have something strange in their stores. When I go through self checkout the credit/debit reader is directly above the cash receptacle. It makes it very difficult to insert bills into the machine. Almost like they don't want you to use cash. Weird.
Cash? What's that?
Oh yeah, I remember, it's that green stuff I hand over to the wife.

Most of our stores around here including our Smiths (which is the Krogers brand) have taken out the self checkout and put on more checkers when busy. The self check out just wasn't working out that well.

Forum List

Back