USMB Coffee Shop IV

Just before 5 a.m. and my sore arm isn't going to allow sleep. I don't believe there is anywhere I have to be today or anything I absolutely have to do, so maybe that will allow some healing time.
Rest up, let that arm heal, Foxy. Have you tried heat?

Yep, heat, ice, lidocaine patches, and lots and lots of Naproxen and Ibuprofen. :)

I can't rest long though with house guest arrive on Friday and still more house guests next week. But I'll get through it.

By the way GW, you did see Sherry & WQ's engagement announcement yesterday?
Nah, musta missed that announcement. Pretty cool. Did they actually meet on line, or have they know each other from somewhere else?
Belated congratulations, Sherry and Welfare Queen!!! A happy life for both of you together.

Thanks, GW. Who would have thought it would all start on a political message board...and here we are a year later.:)
Congratulations, Sherry! I have made and met some friends from online, but you guys have taken things a level higher. My best to you and WQ.

Just before 5 a.m. and my sore arm isn't going to allow sleep. I don't believe there is anywhere I have to be today or anything I absolutely have to do, so maybe that will allow some healing time.

Yep, heat, ice, lidocaine patches, and lots and lots of Naproxen and Ibuprofen. :)

I can't rest long though with house guest arrive on Friday and still more house guests next week. But I'll get through it.

Nah, musta missed that announcement. Pretty cool. Did they actually meet on line, or have they know each other from somewhere else?
Belated congratulations, Sherry and Welfare Queen!!! A happy life for both of you together.

Thanks, GW. Who would have thought it would all start on a political message board...and here we are a year later.:)

Just to reinforce, WQ, you are not the boss of Sherry....

Ran a bunch of errands this morning, cleaned house a little and went swimming twice in the pool. Now we have storms moving in.
Two days ago I added acid to the pool, the ph was high, added a little too much dropping the ph waaaay down.... :lol:
Well about an hour later I noticed some greenish-brown swaths on the side of the pool so took the wire brush and scrubbed, by this morning it was all gone. Also had to add some chlorine as it read there was none. Last test this afternoon showed everything normal except the alkalinity which was low. I'm also having to add about a bathtub full amount of water every 3 to 4 days due to evaporation.
Can't imagine keeping a pool here. Even the hotels that have pools have them indoors.

Ran a bunch of errands this morning, cleaned house a little and went swimming twice in the pool. Now we have storms moving in.
Two days ago I added acid to the pool, the ph was high, added a little too much dropping the ph waaaay down.... :lol:
Well about an hour later I noticed some greenish-brown swaths on the side of the pool so took the wire brush and scrubbed, by this morning it was all gone. Also had to add some chlorine as it read there was none. Last test this afternoon showed everything normal except the alkalinity which was low. I'm also having to add about a bathtub full amount of water every 3 to 4 days due to evaporation.
Can't imagine keeping a pool here. Even the hotels that have pools have them indoors.
I would prefer a heated, indoor pool any day....... but I'll take what I can get...... :D

I would prefer a heated, indoor pool any day....... but I'll take what I can get...... :D
Heated, indoor, and maintained by someone else, no doubt. My partner has a hot tub at his place in town. Initially, he had no clue and the thing turned into a bizarre science project. Personally, the chemicals in pools and hot tubs make me feel...unwell, so I avoid both.

Oh and my idea of living in the wild has morphed from long distance backpacking, sleeping under the stars to a 5 star hotel with potted plants.........

Just to reinforce, WQ, you are not the boss of Sherry....

Yes, he is the boss of me...when I tell him to be the boss of me.:lol:

Heated, indoor, and maintained by someone else, no doubt. My partner has a hot tub at his place in town. Initially, he had no clue and the thing turned into a bizarre science project. Personally, the chemicals in pools and hot tubs make me feel...unwell, so I avoid both.
Now-a-days they really balance out the chemicals and use as little as is needed, it's not like when we were kids or the difference between a public and private pool . We have a service that comes once every two weeks and takes care of this, I just decided to nip a potential problem in the bud before there was a real problem otherwise all I do is turn it on, turn it off and skim anything that was blown in off the top of the water.
The pool company loves me, claims the last tenant would not take care of the pool and it had to be drained and refilled twice in one season...... the water had become black.......

Now-a-days they really balance out the chemicals and use as little as is needed, it's not like when we were kids or the difference between a public and private pool . We have a service that comes once every two weeks and takes care of this, I just decided to nip a potential problem in the bud before there was a real problem otherwise all I do is turn it on, turn it off and skim anything that was blown in off the top of the water.
The pool company loves me, claims the last tenant would not take care of the pool and it had to be drained and refilled twice in one season...... the water had become black.......
Eeewwww! Black water here means good coffee, not bad swimming.

Oh and my idea of living in the wild has morphed from long distance backpacking, sleeping under the stars to a 5 star hotel with potted plants.........
Yup. And "roughing it" means room service.
Nah, roughing it means no room service...... :D
Roughing it for me means I have a nice cabin and don't have to use a tent or RV anymore. Of course, I live in a 28' trailer when not at home in the cabin, but WTH, it's dry and warm. I cannot see myself living I a tent again, unless extreme circumstances require that. Hence, my intense interest in the recent fire that came way to close to my cabin!

Roughing it for me means I have a nice cabin and don't have to use a tent or RV anymore. Of course, I live in a 28' trailer when not at home in the cabin, but WTH, it's dry and warm. I cannot see myself living I a tent again, unless extreme circumstances require that. Hence, my intense interest in the recent fire that came way to close to my cabin!
Yeah, I'm thinking about a mobile home for my next camping trip. This one aught to do;

ashton_kutcher_luxury_trailor_gewel.jpg

Of course tent camping doesn't have to be "primitive".

creekside-camp-firepit.jpg

Here's the bathroom........

creekside-camp-bathroom.jpg

Yeah, I'm thinking about a mobile home for my next camping trip. This one aught to do;

While not "primitive", those chairs around the fire pit certainly look uncomfortable.

Oh, yeah, you'd have to climb upstairs on that RV...too much work if you're on vacay...

Oh, yeah, you'd have to climb upstairs on that RV...too much work if you're on vacay...
Elevator.......

Forum List

Back