USMB Coffee Shop IV

Just before 5 a.m. and my sore arm isn't going to allow sleep. I don't believe there is anywhere I have to be today or anything I absolutely have to do, so maybe that will allow some healing time.
You might want to see someone about that. Basically you're putting pressure on a nerve bundle in your sleep, happened to the wife recently.

My friend the E.R. doc checked me out and declared me in no serious trouble. Just a matter of letting it heal. But thanks.

You live in a wonderful community, Gallant. Actually, I do too. Consider ourselves blessed. :)

Do you have frozen arm, Foxfyre?

I slept late and the partner was already here when I dragged myself out of bed. It's cool enough to work outside, so I should be getting my butt in gear. Made enough burnt offerings yesterday so I don't have to cook if I don't want to, maybe make up a salad. I have an order for some yogurt, so that's got to be done, too.
Hope everyone is doing well this fine day.

Just before 5 a.m. and my sore arm isn't going to allow sleep. I don't believe there is anywhere I have to be today or anything I absolutely have to do, so maybe that will allow some healing time.
Rest up, let that arm heal, Foxy. Have you tried heat?

Yep, heat, ice, lidocaine patches, and lots and lots of Naproxen and Ibuprofen. :)

I can't rest long though with house guest arrive on Friday and still more house guests next week. But I'll get through it.

By the way GW, you did see Sherry & WQ's engagement announcement yesterday?

You live in a wonderful community, Gallant. Actually, I do too. Consider ourselves blessed. :)

Greetings, Gracie! Yup, it's good to know that your neighbors have your back. I've owned my place now since 2005 and (knock on wood) have never had anything stolen or damaged. Well, I take that back, once, someone broke into my shed looking for a shovel. Left a note and $100 bill to cover the damage. No signature, so I never knew who it was so I could give them back that c-note. Most of the time, problems occur when the "townies" discover a place. I guess it takes a special breed to choose to live "rough" like many people in Willow do.

Nope, no frozen arm. Pretty mobile for the range I have with it, but trying to put on and take off a shirt, etc. is still really painful. My doctor friend had a few lidocaine patches to offer and those do help, and she has given me strict orders not to immobilize the arm so that frozen shoulder won't develop.

Yep, heat, ice, lidocaine patches, and lots and lots of Naproxen and Ibuprofen. :)

I can't rest long though with house guest arrive on Friday and still more house guests next week. But I'll get through it.

Nah, musta missed that announcement. Pretty cool. Did they actually meet on line, or have they know each other from somewhere else?
Belated congratulations, Sherry and Welfare Queen!!! A happy life for both of you together.

Nope, no frozen arm. Pretty mobile for the range I have with it, but trying to put on and take off a shirt, etc. is still really painful. My doctor friend had a few lidocaine patches to offer and those do help, and she has given me strict orders not to immobilize the arm so that frozen shoulder won't develop.
Do take care of yourself, Foxy. You always seem to be taking care of everyone else.

Nah, musta missed that announcement. Pretty cool. Did they actually meet on line, or have they know each other from somewhere else?
Belated congratulations, Sherry and Welfare Queen!!! A happy life for both of you together.

Probably isn't true, but I like to think they met here in the Coffee Shop. :)

I think they met here at USMB. :)
Then met in real life. Then he puts a rings on her finger and dem's now gonna get hitched. I think it's awesome! WQ is really a kind man. We had our disagreements, but getting over hurdles only makes one appreciate someone else in the long run. And he is cute, too! Look like he's 20 years old, lol. They are a great couple. Just too cute, both of them. I love a feel good story. :)

I've had frozen arm before. It sucks. Takes forever to UNfreeze but it does eventually. So what did the doc say is wrong with your arm, Foxy?

Gallant...if I thought I could do it, I would live like you do. But I don't think I have it in me.

Probably isn't true, but I like to think they met here in the Coffee Shop. :)
Yeah, that's our story and we're gonna stick to it!

Then met in real life. Then he puts a rings on her finger and dem's now gonna get hitched. I think it's awesome! WQ is really a kind man. We had our disagreements, but getting over hurdles only makes one appreciate someone else in the long run. And he is cute, too! Look like he's 20 years old, lol. They are a great couple. Just too cute, both of them. I love a feel good story. :)

I've had frozen arm before. It sucks. Takes forever to UNfreeze but it does eventually. So what did the doc say is wrong with your arm, Foxy?

Gallant...if I thought I could do it, I would live like you do. But I don't think I have it in me.
Gracie, we all "have it" in us to live a simple life. Problem is, we've been spoiled by our technology. How do you think people lived before all the luxury we have now? I am just enough of a snob to make do for myself.

Gracie, we all "have it" in us to live a simple life. Problem is, we've been spoiled by our technology. How do you think people lived before all the luxury we have now? I am just enough of a snob to make do for myself.
If push came to shove...yeah. I'd give it a go. But Mr Gracie wouldn't. He likes his luxury, lol.

When I was much younger no problem, now both the wife and i would be more like Eva Gabor in green Acres....... :lol:

I think I could do it cuz I already am, sorta. But Mr Gracie? Oy. No way would he do what GW is doing. Nope. Plus, he gets cold too easy. He is 68 years old and likes his warmth, lol.

Thanks, GW. Who would have thought it would all start on a political message board...and here we are a year later.:)

Ran a bunch of errands this morning, cleaned house a little and went swimming twice in the pool. Now we have storms moving in.
Two days ago I added acid to the pool, the ph was high, added a little too much dropping the ph waaaay down.... :lol:
Well about an hour later I noticed some greenish-brown swaths on the side of the pool so took the wire brush and scrubbed, by this morning it was all gone. Also had to add some chlorine as it read there was none. Last test this afternoon showed everything normal except the alkalinity which was low. I'm also having to add about a bathtub full amount of water every 3 to 4 days due to evaporation.

I think I could do it cuz I already am, sorta. But Mr Gracie? Oy. No way would he do what GW is doing. Nope. Plus, he gets cold too easy. He is 68 years old and likes his warmth, lol.
Of course, warmth comes with a price...sweat equity when you have to process your fuel personally. Amazing how much less house you need when you have to cut your own firewood. I have a nice two-story, three bedroom place with less than 1000 sq ft. The bedrooms are tiny by most standards, 8'x8' and 8'x9'. Living room and kitchen on the lower floor take up the most space, but those rooms are where most of the "living" happens, anyways.

Forum List

Back