USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Save and Mrs. L in adversity,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
ChrisL's interview,
Mrs. Ernie,
Gracie's procedure,
Foxfyre's sprained shoulder
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Spoonman, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

And listening to the rain on the roof:

desert-rain.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Just before 5 a.m. and my sore arm isn't going to allow sleep. I don't believe there is anywhere I have to be today or anything I absolutely have to do, so maybe that will allow some healing time.
Rest up, let that arm heal, Foxy. Have you tried heat?

Yep, heat, ice, lidocaine patches, and lots and lots of Naproxen and Ibuprofen. :)

I can't rest long though with house guest arrive on Friday and still more house guests next week. But I'll get through it.

By the way GW, you did see Sherry & WQ's engagement announcement yesterday?
Nah, musta missed that announcement. Pretty cool. Did they actually meet on line, or have they know each other from somewhere else?
Belated congratulations, Sherry and Welfare Queen!!! A happy life for both of you together.

Thanks, GW. Who would have thought it would all start on a political message board...and here we are a year later.:)

Just to reinforce, WQ, you are not the boss of Sherry....

Ah.....depends on the situation. :D

You are so right, Foxfyre. I'm so very thankful to be in my "right" state. Anyone can find something wrong with anyplace, but "home" always feels the best. All it takes is going away from home for a bit to make you realize how nice it is. It's about perspective, isn't it?

Interesting night at Doc's
Had a customer come in about 11 with a taxi driver we know. He was well on his way, but not what I would call DRUNK. Seeing he wasn't driving, I decided to serve him. After about 45 minutes, he was up in everyone's face from the barmaid to the gay 80 year old guy at the end of the bar. I asked him to tone it down and he told me no in some "colorful" words. He stood up to confront me and dropped a pint of whiskey out of his pocket.
THAT is BAD. I could lose my license over that and I asked him to leave.
Now this guy is about 5'7" and 220, built like a short Arnold Schwarzenegger. He asked me outside to see if I could make him leave and I told him that I didn't want to hurt him and he should GTFO of my bar. He took a couple steps towards me while reaching towards his back pocket. He stopped short when he saw the Taurus .40 3 feet from his chest.
Well, he left, but returned a few minutes later. Me and another guy physically tossed him and I locked the doors. The guy started banging on windows and the side of the building.
I called the PD.
Cops show up in about 2 minutes and as one is running towards him, gun in hand and shouting "Get on the ground!" the guy reaches for his back pocket again. I jumped out of the line of fire, but thankfully the cop held his fire. The ass was unarmed, but it took 3 cops to get him in cuffs.
He will spend the night in Foley lock-up, lucky twice to be alive.

Good morning everybody. Another rough night sleepijng--pain level down in shoulder but still there and it is very difficult to find a comfortable position to sleep. so have been asleep here in my office chair for the last couple of hours. Every little bit helps.

William, the pool guy (he and his wife own the service company) came by, gonna have them come out every week now. The pool which was blue yesterday was starting to go green again, gotta start adding chlorine every day now as well as putting chlorine tabs in the floater. This summer environment is hard on the pool water.
William's a talker; oh ya need to do this, oh you should have seen this pool, oh some customers just won't get it through their heads....... :lol:
He's a good guy, his wife is really nice and their son has stated a couple of times when he was here that he was glad to have a customer who took care of their pool, he's just amazed that someone is willing to skim debris, toss in the needed chemicals, etc.

Scary stuff at Docs though. But happy it was solved without anybody getting hurt. Some people should never ever drink.

Good morning everybody. Another rough night sleepijng--pain level down in shoulder but still there and it is very difficult to find a comfortable position to sleep. so have been asleep here in my office chair for the last couple of hours. Every little bit helps.

Sorry Foxy. Hope you feel better soon. :)

Scary stuff at Docs though. But happy it was solved without anybody getting hurt. Some people should never ever drink.
Yeah it was scary but I did what I had to, almost like second nature. I never had to do that before and was glad to see I could and even happier that I didn't have to go any further.

Me too!
Imagine a guy who hasn't had a drink in 27 years owning a bar.

That's got me beaten by 24 years. I was drunk for fifty years but have been teetotal for the last three.
You might have had to throw me out of your bar a few times if I had been a local. I got banned from one pub, and broke the door of another one.

Ma and Dad owned a bar, a cafe next door to it and connected with an ajoining door, and on the other side a liquor store. I drank now and then but only did it due to peer pressure but I never did like the taste or how it made me feel. However, I grew up in that bar/cafe/liquor store from age 3 to 21. Ma hired me as bartender but I couldn't handle the drunks and 86'd most of the mouthy ones, so she fired me. I was glad. :lol:

Wow..just typing that makes me remember fond memories. Like the walk in cooler where all the beer was kept and she had a couple of wine barrels full of apples I brought to her from Tehachapi; the cafe where I was bottle washer cook and waitress and menudo on the stove all the time during business hours cuz Ma said when they got too drunk next door she would give them menudo to sober them up so they would spend more to get drunk again; the native american chief that taught me how to play poker in the back room where the card tables were set up and the pool table was..and one day he came in full regalia with eagle feather headdress just to show me what it looked like on him...and all the fringed leather pants and beaded shirt as well; the field workers browsing the liquor store and Dad handing out candy, eggs, a carton of milk, loaf of bread to the moms who didn't have enough money to pay for it all; the jukebox booming in the background, the rolling of dice on the bar top.

Forum List

Back