USMB Coffee Shop IV

More heavy storms moving through, and we seem to be missing the heaviest parts, heck we've had nothing here at our house yet...... Yesterdays storms did some damage in west El Paso.

1vawUTFO.jpg

crown-ridge-west-el-paso-png--1-.png

Those were paved roads......
Can't find it but they did have a picture of a large earth mover half buried in the sand due to the flooding.
More heavy storms moving through, and we seem to be missing the heaviest parts, heck we've had nothing here at our house yet...... Yesterdays storms did some damage in west El Paso.

1vawUTFO.jpg

Can't find it but they did have a picture of a large earth mover half buried in the sand due to the flooding.
There was a rain storm in El Paso in Sept '69 and next day there were big boulders in the streets, I wouldn't live within a mile of the bottom of Franklin Mt.

Well, I said I would keep you all updated. I didn't end up getting that job. :(
Sorry. Maybe something better is in the offing?

Hopefully. :D I'm grateful that I do already have a job and not in a position where I have to find one because it's pretty tough out there! There aren't a lot of jobs and the ones that are available, I'm sure a lot of people for applying for. Also, since applying for jobs in my field is done pretty much exclusively online, it's hard to make a good impression. You have to rely on your resume and cover letter to even get in for an interview. Even some of the interviews are done online or over the phone.

1vawUTFO.jpg

1vawUTFO.jpg

There was a rain storm in El Paso in Sept '69 and next day there were big boulders in the streets, I wouldn't live within a mile of the bottom of Franklin Mt.
I'm on the east side just a few blocks south of the Pershing Gate (east of 54) so I'm still high up and where we are the mountains appear to break up most of the heavy stuff before it hits us.

Last edited:
There are fireworks going off somewhere close by right now. I can hear them and they are loud. I tried to see them, but there are too many trees and buildings in my way. I'm trying to think who would be having fireworks tonight. :dunno:

There are fireworks going off somewhere close by right now. I can hear them and they are loud. I tried to see them, but there are too many trees and buildings in my way. I'm trying to think who would be having fireworks tonight. :dunno:
You can rule out escaped convicts.

Hopefully. :D I'm grateful that I do already have a job and not in a position where I have to find one because it's pretty tough out there! There aren't a lot of jobs and the ones that are available, I'm sure a lot of people for applying for. Also, since applying for jobs in my field is done pretty much exclusively online, it's hard to make a good impression. You have to rely on your resume and cover letter to even get in for an interview. Even some of the interviews are done online or over the phone.
I've heard about the online applications and interviews. They're even using the internet to vet mechanics nowadays. At least the companies that can pretty much have their pick of the available manpower.

I've heard about the online applications and interviews. They're even using the internet to vet mechanics nowadays. At least the companies that can pretty much have their pick of the available manpower.

Yeah and sometimes you even get a message "please do not reply to this email" so you have no way to talk to anyone and ask questions. Lol. You just have to put your resume out there and hope that legitimate people contact you who aren't trying to scam you or something. :D

Don't ever apply for jobs on Craig's list. There are TONS of scammers on that site. I learned my lesson! I've been mostly sticking with Monster.com and Indeed.com. Both are pretty good for anyone who's looking for a job. :)

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ernie,
Foxfyre's sprained shoulder
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Spoonman, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

outdoor-lighting.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Good morning. Slept in again this morning, I figure now that the monsoon season is upon us taking an Allegra before I go to bed is working miracles. Did wake up once about 3:30, emptied the reservoir and went right back out.

Good morning. Slept in again this morning, I figure now that the monsoon season is upon us taking an Allegra before I go to bed is working miracles. Did wake up once about 3:30, emptied the reservoir and went right back out.

Good morning and whatever works. Right now I would kill for a good night's sleep--another rough night last night but I did get at least a few hours of quality sleep--and I don't think I can fix my problem with an Allegra. :) (Wish I could.)

A beautiful Sunday morning in Albuquerque. Daughter is still asleep. SIL is out doing the morning constitutional with the grand dogs. Later today they plan to go to the huge flea market held every Sunday at the Fairgrounds, but Hombre and I will grand dog sit and let them enjoy that all by themselves. :)

Seemed strange not to see lightning over the mountain last night--first night in over a week we have had mostly clear skies.

Good morning and whatever works. Right now I would kill for a good night's sleep--another rough night last night but I did get at least a few hours of quality sleep--and I don't think I can fix my problem with an Allegra. :) (Wish I could.)

A beautiful Sunday morning in Albuquerque. Daughter is still asleep. SIL is out doing the morning constitutional with the grand dogs. Later today they plan to go to the huge flea market held every Sunday at the Fairgrounds, but Hombre and I will grand dog sit and let them enjoy that all by themselves. :)

Seemed strange not to see lightning over the mountain last night--first night in over a week we have had mostly clear skies.
We had storms and lightning to the west, south and north, not a single drop or lightning strike in our neighborhood.

Dang I miss the Sunday morning flea market! I got some great deals there on silver jewelry and knives among the more mundane stuff.
I slept in too. I woke up at 11 CDT and lounged in bed with the coffee Mrs E brought in.
I STILL can't find the bedroom TV remote. It disappeared from the bed the night before last. Momma and I have both torn the room apart looking for it but in the end I grabbed a spare from Doc's and reprogrammed it.
Last night, I went to a couple bars other than Doc's to check out bands that want to work for us. One looks like they might work and we are talking next Saturday night.
The second one is awesome but maybe out of our price range.
It's hard to justify half of your expected take going to a band. We are in "negotiations" with "Rhythm Intervention"

I just had an awkward telephone conversation with my sister. She is a globe trotter and I worry about something happening to her in far away places, and I realized I had no idea what to do if something did happen to her. So I asked her for information about who to call and she gave me a list of phone numbers of her closest friends, and
the name and number of the executor of her will. Now I will know what to do.
It was a difficult conversation, but one I needed to have in case something does happen to her.

Dang I miss the Sunday morning flea market! I got some great deals there on silver jewelry and knives among the more mundane stuff.
I slept in too. I woke up at 11 CDT and lounged in bed with the coffee Mrs E brought in.
I STILL can't find the bedroom TV remote. It disappeared from the bed the night before last. Momma and I have both torn the room apart looking for it but in the end I grabbed a spare from Doc's and reprogrammed it.
Last night, I went to a couple bars other than Doc's to check out bands that want to work for us. One looks like they might work and we are talking next Saturday night.
The second one is awesome but maybe out of our price range.
It's hard to justify half of your expected take going to a band. We are in "negotiations" with "Rhythm Intervention"

I would enjoy this group.

Foxfyre, I am going to go with you have type of pinched nerve or it is enflamed. Some type of stronger anti-inflammatory would most likely do you a lot of good.

Disclaimer: I am only a doctor or a cat on message boards.

Forum List

Back