USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ernie,
Foxfyre,
WQ's mom Dorothy and Aunt Bev,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Spoonman, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

outdoor-lighting.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ernie,
Foxfyre,
WQ's mom Dorothy and Aunt Bev,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Spoonman, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

outdoor-lighting.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Sleep tight Foxy!

Good night, Foxy. It's 1:11 here and I'm about to call it a day. We had a good night at Doc's Live music for a party to celebrate on of the owner's 66th birthday coming up Thursday.

A helpful hint: If you are going to eat a sausage, egg and cheese sandwich while posting, make sure the egg is not runny. The damned yolk makes the keys hard to push.

Jason_Earl_Chris.jpg

Good morning everybody. Had a much better night with my ailing shoulder, but more trouble with just basic sleeplessness. But all in all a good night. Looking forward to a pleasant but non eventful Sunday. Almost wish we were into football season already. Almost.

Got my usual (non-CPAP yet) nights sleep..... Went for another drive yesterday back up to Silver City as everything was open. Yesterday afternoon I also installed the new window AC unit in the front room, last week the HVAC people replaced the new water pump in the main area swamp cooler, the new pump failed. Just in time as we're in the triple digits during the afternoons which is also why I put in another window AC, the swamp coolers only cool the house an average of 10 to 15 degrees lower than the outside temps. It does get warm in the house by mid afternoon.
Kinda funny in a way though, we've definitely acclimated to the warmer temps, it's currently 80 outside with a nice breeze and it feels quite comfortable........ :D

Got my usual (non-CPAP yet) nights sleep..... Went for another drive yesterday back up to Silver City as everything was open. Yesterday afternoon I also installed the new window AC unit in the front room, last week the HVAC people replaced the new water pump in the main area swamp cooler, the new pump failed. Just in time as we're in the triple digits during the afternoons which is also why I put in another window AC, the swamp coolers only cool the house an average of 10 to 15 degrees lower than the outside temps. It does get warm in the house by mid afternoon.
Kinda funny in a way though, we've definitely acclimated to the warmer temps, it's currently 80 outside with a nice breeze and it feels quite comfortable........ :D
Yesterday afternoon, I came through Elberta about 4 PM just as it started to rain cats and dogs. The digital thermometer in the park read 99.

We are looking for a spot to book a new band at Doc's. In the photo above, are Earl and Jason from the Jason Abel Project, our most frequent act. The the kid on the right is Chris Beverly, actually the son of Jason's drummer. He's lead guitar for Whyte Caps, a local band. Chris is just 21 and a damned good guitarist. They have a good local following and should pack the place out.

One of my birthday gifts:

mugs.jpg

The one on the right is especially appropriate.
I can wake up in the morning without cigarettes. I can have a couple cups of coffee and drive to the store to buy some. If I'm out of coffee, I'm doomed.

Well, I didn't end up going to cliff walk this weekend. Saturday, it was kind of cloudy and I wasn't sure if it was going to rain or not. Today, I ended up going to a beach in Falmouth. It was so beautiful. Next time, I'll have to remember to take some pics.

I'm feeling really guilty about my grammy. She is now in a nursing home, and I haven't even gone to visit her yet. I feel terrible but I dread going to see her there and like that. That is not how I want to remember my grandmother and I know that is not how she would want to be remembered. I don't even know if she will know who I am. She has declined very rapidly in terms of her memory and dementia. I know I have to go visit her, but I am not looking forward to it. Is that selfish of me?

I'm feeling really guilty about my grammy. She is now in a nursing home, and I haven't even gone to visit her yet. I feel terrible but I dread going to see her there and like that. That is not how I want to remember my grandmother and I know that is not how she would want to be remembered. I don't even know if she will know who I am. She has declined very rapidly in terms of her memory and dementia. I know I have to go visit her, but I am not looking forward to it. Is that selfish of me?

What you are feeling is perfectly normal Chris--no need to feel guilty. But do go see her anyway, for your sake even if it doesn't benefit her. And we never know what goes on in the subsconscious even with those with advanced dementia, so the chances are you will benefit her too. She may not know who you are, but you know who she is. Just love her.

Last edited:

What you are feeling is perfectly normal Chris--no need to feel guilty. But do go see her anyway, for your sake even if it doesn't benefit her. And we never know what goes on in the subsconscious even with those with advanced dementia, so the chances are you will benefit her too.

Ack, I keep putting it off, but it's really eating away at me.

What you are feeling is perfectly normal Chris--no need to feel guilty. But do go see her anyway, for your sake even if it doesn't benefit her. And we never know what goes on in the subsconscious even with those with advanced dementia, so the chances are you will benefit her too.

Ack, I keep putting it off, but it's really eating away at me.

I do understand. So just do it, and you will be surprised how much better you will feel. It is sad, it is hard to see, it does tear at your heart, but so important to do. And you will feel your own spirit lightened. That kind of burden is only put down by doing what you dread.

Ugh, the pipes here are clogged. The toilet wasn't flushing right, so I plunged, and plunged, and plunged. After doing that for a long time, I noticed that the tub had water and gunk backing up into it. I went and checked the other bathroom, same issue. My employer's boyfriend thinks he can fix it when he gets off of work, so hopefully won't have to pay for a plumber, but right now we can't shower or use the toilets. I'm glad we are friendly with the neighbors!

Forum List

Back