USMB Coffee Shop IV

Today's medical care is so screwed up. I hope you get some answers, Foxfyre, and your doc schedules you for more tests to find out about the BENIGN cyst. Meanwhile, your shoulder is a real perplexing thing. Maybe a pinched nerve in your back? Those nerves go everywhere.

Today's medical care is so screwed up. I hope you get some answers, Foxfyre, and your doc schedules you for more tests to find out about the BENIGN cyst. Meanwhile, your shoulder is a real perplexing thing. Maybe a pinched nerve in your back? Those nerves go everywhere.
It's probably not nerve related as neck and back pinched nerve problems generally show up further out in the extremities.
If they didn't see anything specific it could be nothing more than tendinitis, bursitis or even a small tear in the ligament or muscle. Arthritis will show up on x-rays, MRIs and (specifically) CT scans, as will bone degeneration and disc compression however some other inflammations will not be as obvious.
Personally I would suspect bursitis or tendinitis.
Bursitis Symptoms Treatment Shoulder Hip Elbow and More

How do I know this stuff? Training but unfortunately personal experience.......
Fox, hopefully they also tested you for Diabetes.

Shoulder manifestations of diabetes mellitus. - PubMed - NCBI

Bursitis sucks. I have that in my left hip. Doomed forever unless I want them jabbing a needle in my hip. Um. HAYELL no. I'll use my trekking poles when I hafta walk. And I have RA too. Double whammy. Growing old totally sucks.

I just hope she can find out about the cyst thingy. You know, the benign one.

The wife had the interview earlier, she seems to think they were somewhat intimidated by her, that they may consider her overqualified. We'll see.......

The wife had the interview earlier, she seems to think they were somewhat intimidated by her, that they may consider her overqualified. We'll see.......
Oh, I hate that "over qualified" crap. A job is a job. If they were intimidated by her, then they are insecure in their own abilities.

Bursitis sucks. I have that in my left hip. Doomed forever unless I want them jabbing a needle in my hip. Um. HAYELL no. I'll use my trekking poles when I hafta walk. And I have RA too. Double whammy. Growing old totally sucks.

I just hope she can find out about the cyst thingy. You know, the benign one.
Bursitis does suck. I was plagued by it since my teens. According to a doctor, it came from too much calcium in my system. I used to drink minimum of 1 gallon of milk a day.
I've endured dozens of cortisone shots until a health food nut told me to try a magnesium supplement. He offered to pay for my shot if the magnesium didn't work.
In 2 days I was fine.
I don't drink near as much milk these days and rarely have a problem, but when I do, I take a 250 mg magnesium in the morning for 2 or 3 days.
Don't take more than about 400 mg/day unless you really want to experience its laxitive effect.

Magnesium helps the body metabolize calcium. Excess calcium collects in joints and feels like gravel got in there.
Shoulders and hips are the most frequent collection sites.

Oh, I hate that "over qualified" crap. A job is a job. If they were intimidated by her, then they are insecure in their own abilities.
I've been told that too. My reply is usually, "Yes, perhaps I am, but I'm applying for the job and you will get a more valuable employee for the salary."

barbie.jpg

It's probably not nerve related as neck and back pinched nerve problems generally show up further out in the extremities.
If they didn't see anything specific it could be nothing more than tendinitis, bursitis or even a small tear in the ligament or muscle. Arthritis will show up on x-rays, MRIs and (specifically) CT scans, as will bone degeneration and disc compression however some other inflammations will not be as obvious.

Xrays were negative for any injury, abnormality, or arthritis of the shoulder. Urgent care doc suspected a torn muscle or ligament but said it would require a MRI to determine. Meanwhile, when they detected the other problem, that became the primary concern and the shoulder got lost in all the hooplah. Which is okay.

I finally gave up on the healthcare network to take care of me and took matters into my own hands this afternoon and called a gastroenterology group within the system, found a sympathetic nurse who was willing to look at the CT scan and I now have an appointment to see the doc/surgeon a week from Monday. I'm pretty sure I can survive that long.

Xrays were negative for any injury, abnormality, or arthritis of the shoulder. Urgent care doc suspected a torn muscle or ligament but said it would require a MRI to determine. Meanwhile, when they detected the other problem, that became the primary concern and the shoulder got lost in all the hooplah. Which is okay.

I finally gave up on the healthcare network to take care of me and took matters into my own hands this afternoon and called a gastroenterology group within the system, found a sympathetic nurse who was willing to look at the CT scan and I now have an appointment to see the doc/surgeon a week from Monday. I'm pretty sure I can survive that long.

Good luck! Hope you get a clean bill of health and it's just a pulled muscle or something!

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ernie,
Foxfyre's sprained shoulder,
WQ's mom Dorothy and Aunt Bev,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Spoonman, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

outdoor-lighting.jpg

Good morning all. About to enjoy a piece of luscious berry pie that Hombre won as a door prize at a volunteer appreciation event--that and fresh cantalope will be my breakfast. And I expect to enjoy it enormously.

And for our insomniacs, here is one suggestion. I wonder if the cure might not be worse than the affliction though. . . no cell phones, smart phones, computers, Ipads, etc. :)

1554411_800329963318123_4948231587963357384_n.jpg

Forum List

Back