USMB Coffee Shop IV

Happy Friday everyone! Does anybody have any fun plans this weekend? I plan doing some light yard work and preparing for another camping trip next weekend. Yay!

Happy Friday everyone! Does anybody have any fun plans this weekend? I plan doing some light yard work and preparing for another camping trip next weekend. Yay!

I'm going to Cliff walk one day this weekend. :) The entire walk is approximately 3-1/2 miles one way.

cliff_walk_3.jpg

Newport_Cliff_Walk.JPG

I'm going to Cliff walk one day this weekend. :) The entire walk is approximately 3-1/2 miles one way.

cliff_walk_3.jpg

Newport_Cliff_Walk.JPG

How fun! I love Newport.

I try to go there and to Martha's Vineyard at least once every summer. Haven't made it to the Vineyard yet this year.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

cliff_walk_3.jpg

Newport_Cliff_Walk.JPG

How fun! I love Newport.

I try to go there and to Martha's Vineyard at least once every summer. Haven't made it to the Vineyard yet this year.

Those Glided Age estates of Newport are amazing. My last visit I toured The Breakers Mansion and Rosecliff. I could spend all day walking through those homes.

Why did he come at you? Was he just a mean drunk?
This happened at Doc's. He was being strange and quite obnoxious. THEN he stood to confront me and dropped a pint of whiskey. I asked him to leave, first calmly then loudly when he started arguing.
He obviously didn't think I had the power to toss him and started at me while reaching behind his back for the knife that wasn't there, thanks to a cabbie.

He had been drinking, obviously but I think massive amounts of steroids were involved

I was in a pub where a man pulled a knife. I stayed at my bar stool and at one point he was behind me brandishing the knife. But some other guys dragged him out of the pub by his feet, and I had another beer.

Last edited:

cliff_walk_3.jpg

Newport_Cliff_Walk.JPG

How fun! I love Newport.

Those Glided Age estates of Newport are amazing. My last visit I toured The Breakers Mansion and Rosecliff. I could spend all day walking through those homes.

I've only been on one tour believe it or not, and I cannot remember which mansion it was because I was just a kid. Yes, some of them are like castles!!! Beautiful, but I actually enjoy the walk. At the end is a private beach, and I always jump in the water to cool off and then leave before anyone notices me! :lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
The results are in:

Doc: All is well. Except for the diverticulus dents about 8 inches up. No seeds. No fat. NO BACON. Some polyps that I removed, no cancer anywhere. See ya in 10 years!

Me: :eusa_dance:

The no bacon part is scary...

Why did he come at you? Was he just a mean drunk?
This happened at Doc's. He was being strange and quite obnoxious. THEN he stood to confront me and dropped a pint of whiskey. I asked him to leave, first calmly then loudly when he started arguing.
He obviously didn't think I had the power to toss him and started at me while reaching behind his back for the knife that wasn't there, thanks to a cabbie.

He had been drinking, obviously but I think massive amounts of steroids were involved

I was in a pub where a man pulled a knife. I stayed at my bar stool and at one point he was behind me brandishing the knife. But some other guys dragged him out of the pub by his feet, and I had another beer.
Some people had no idea what was happening until the police arrived. I did shout "Get the f*** out of my bar at one point, but where I was when I pulled my gun was hidden from most people.

Fixing to haul the dogs off to the Hidden Forest (which is what I call it) so they can check their P-Mail. Then I will come back and toodle around in the garden, then later this after noon I might take Karma to the REAL beach that has big waves and let her swim a bit. I might join her cuz salt water is great for skin and hair. Depends on how warm the water is.
Tomorrow, I dread. I hate weekends. Everyone and their uncle is in town from the valley and I hate that many people in my way.
Mr Gracie will be yard salin' and I hope he finds something really good!

The little one loves the song 'Girl Crush'. We were just playing a game, her mom started playing the song from her phone, the little one immediately stopped playing and went to sit with mom and sing along. :p

Well yesterday was quite an adventure. Four hours at urgent care who referred us to E.R. at the big hospital downtown. Ten hours later, culminating at 2 a.m. this morning, I had had every possible test including a CT scan all proving negative except one. I seem to have a large cyst on my liver--probably benign but no way to be sure until surgery is done. I was referred to onocology who it seems won't see me without a definitive diagnosis of cancer which is impossible to get until I see somebody. Now trying to work through the maze of big medicine to find somebody who can deal with the problem.

Am I frustrated? Yes, beyond belief. Am I okay? For now yes I'm okay.

Oh and other than for x-rays for my bad shoulder which were also negative, nothing is being done for the shoulder. Grrrrrr. . . .

Well yesterday was quite an adventure. Four hours at urgent care who referred us to E.R. at the big hospital downtown. Ten hours later, culminating at 2 a.m. this morning, I had had every possible test including a CT scan all proving negative except one. I seem to have a large cyst on my liver--probably benign but no way to be sure until surgery is done. I was referred to onocology who it seems won't see me without a definitive diagnosis of cancer which is impossible to get until I see somebody. Now trying to work through the maze of big medicine to find somebody who can deal with the problem.

Am I frustrated? Yes, beyond belief. Am I okay? For now yes I'm okay.

Oh and other than for x-rays for my bad shoulder which were also negative, nothing is being done for the shoulder. Grrrrrr. . . .

That was Gods way of getting to the real problem, which is that cyst.
Like they always say - God works in mysterious ways.
I will put you on our prayer list that everything will turn out fine.

Forum List

Back