USMB Coffee Shop IV

Been busy getting the RV ready to hit the road. Had a change of plans. Instead of going to Montana going to Virginia to go fishing with an old friend who was the Best Man when Mrs. BBD and I got married. I'll be close by to my hometown and will also check it out as I haven't been back there in almost 25 years. Hope I can still speak the language!
Nope, the accent has remained the same but the language has changed........ :lol:

I'll bore the CS inhabitants with a little of what I used to bore you with, my home theater... I recently upgraded my old oppo BDP-93 that I sold to my son with the new oppo flagship model, the BDP-105D, D standing for Darby Video Enhancement... arguably one of the best universal bluray disc players in the world...

... I also sold my son... he seems to get my hand me downs... my old Wharfdale Diamond center channel speaker, for this Bowers & Wilkins CM Centre2 S2.... 43 lbs+ of high end audio excellence...

... both over due upgrades. A new HT receiver will be coming this Christmas as a present to myself, the Denon AVR-X7200.

Now wasn't that exciting? ... :lol:?
Everybodys' gotta have a hobby.

I'm still collecting belly button lint........

Dagnabbit, the humidity level is over 70%! Yup it not only rained last night but all morning too, was raining when I got up. And they call this a desert........ :eusa_whistle:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Morning, All!
Dingy and damp this morning. Can't really say it's been raining, just a little spit now and again. It comes in fits and starts and is predicted to clear up again by Saturday.
Hope everyone has a good day, gets some decent sleep, and don't feel their aches, pains, and ages too deeply.
sitting-bad-for-your-back-1.jpg

Good morning all. Fell asleep on the couch last night and just never got up again until this morning. It keeps me in a position that keeps the shoulder more comfortable though the couch isn't very comfortable to sleep on.

Sorry about missing those birthdays 007, BBD, and Spoonie. Now that the board no longer provides us with the daily birthdays, I have to rely on you guys to tell me when it is your birthday. I guess I should start keeping a list of those, but I'm always afraid of missing somebody.

Would somebody be interested in keeping a birthday calendar for the Coffee Shop? Or shall we just keep winging it?

I agree with GW. I am not looking forward to physical therapy. But if it fixes the problem. . . .
And yes Gracie you diagnosed it, but the orthopedic doc assured me that I would have to do some therapy to regain full range of motion--it has already been 30 days will almost no improvement. He said I can do the exercises at home, but will need to be guided in the process by a trained therapist. So, on we go.

Good rains in Albuquerque yesterday and a good chance for more today. That is a good thing.
Yeah, I know. They said therapy for me too...and the shot. I said no to both and let it do its thang. Soaking in a hot tub did wonders, Mr Gracie rubbing bagbalm on my back and shoulder for a nice massage, lots of advils, couple of vicodin on bad nights, and it went off on its own.
I'm not saying you should do that, though. Just assuring you that it WILL go away eventually and to not worry its a forever thing. :)

Fixin' to head to the beach with the dogs. Hot today, but overcast. Muggy. Hate it. But...the ocean is warm so I'm gonna go wading in waves with the two furkids.

Mrs. Ernie says to tell you all to wish me a happy 66th.

Today Ernie? Then you need a cake too and perhaps can share with BBD, 007, and Spoonie :)

(I thought we celebrated just a few weeks ago though?)

IMG_3799.JPG

(Hombre decorated the cake. He's a work in progress on this stuff. :))

Mrs. Ernie says to tell you all to wish me a happy 66th.

Today Ernie? Then you need a cake too and perhaps can share with BBD, 007, and Spoonie :)

(I thought we celebrated just a few weeks ago though?)

IMG_3799.JPG

(Hombre decorated the cake. He's a work in progress on this stuff. :))
Mrs. Ernie's B'day was June 14, our anniversary was June 30 and my late son's and my daughter's b'days were 7/9 and 7/10. Maybe that's it?

Good job on the cake, Hombre! Are those prunes? Thanks a lot guy.

I love that song, Foxy. My buddy Terry that passed a little over a year ago, was the only person I had assigned a unique ring tone to on my cell phone. I used a snip from Too Old To Rock and Roll. I wish he'd call.....
The video is great! It shows scenes from maybe a dozen different live performances and a music video.
I've aged right along with Ian Anderson.

Did you notice that in the most recent scenes he looks like Art Carney with my beard?

Forum List

Back