USMB Coffee Shop IV

I suppose I could mention that I joined the 6-0 club earlier this month.

Where the hell did all those years go?

That's right, Big Black Dog, Spoonman and 007 all share a birthday on July 6th...happy belated birthday, boys.:)

stock-footage-three-chocolate-birthday-cupcakes-with-one-burning-white-candle-in-each-hd.jpg

I am kinda bummed about the coconut oil. I put some on my scalp cuz tonight I have to wash my hair and I wanted to have the healing properties on it before washing. But...I began to itch something fierce, so I took it off asap. I think I may be allergic to it. I think I will give cocoa butter a try. Or xtra virgin olive oil. But I wanted the coconut oil to work. :(
When Coconut Oil May Not Be Right for You The Healthy Home Economist The Healthy Home Economist
I don't like coconut. Actually, I hate eating it in candybars or even on shrimp. So as a kid, I was not exposed to it much. The cocoa butter does better. And the aloe. But in my hair and scalp...cocoa butter is harder to get out.
The wife is allergic to coconut, I was raised on it but never liked it in candies or other foods. My favorite part of the coconut was the milk. :thup:

It's supposed to be wonderful for yer hair and scalp. Which is why I wanted to use it. Alas..no can do.
I might try grape seed oil. Maybe olive oil. Not sure yet.

For the last hour we've had huge t-storms all around us but none on top of us...... yet...... If it follows the normal pattern we'll get nailed later on tonight.

It's supposed to be wonderful for yer hair and scalp. Which is why I wanted to use it. Alas..no can do.
I might try grape seed oil. Maybe olive oil. Not sure yet.
Is tea tree oil good for treating scalp problems - HowStuffWorks

Read the contraindications though and do not take internally!!!!!

I was just reading that tea tree oil is good for lice. Haven't tried it, hoping we don't have to and the little one will stay lice free *crosses fingers*.

I'll bore the CS inhabitants with a little of what I used to bore you with, my home theater... I recently upgraded my old oppo BDP-93 that I sold to my son with the new oppo flagship model, the BDP-105D, D standing for Darby Video Enhancement... arguably one of the best universal bluray disc players in the world...

... I also sold my son... he seems to get my hand me downs... my old Wharfdale Diamond center channel speaker, for this Bowers & Wilkins CM Centre2 S2.... 43 lbs+ of high end audio excellence...

... both over due upgrades. A new HT receiver will be coming this Christmas as a present to myself, the Denon AVR-X7200.

Now wasn't that exciting? ... :lol:?

Been busy getting the RV ready to hit the road. Had a change of plans. Instead of going to Montana going to Virginia to go fishing with an old friend who was the Best Man when Mrs. BBD and I got married. I'll be close by to my hometown and will also check it out as I haven't been back there in almost 25 years. Hope I can still speak the language!

Back from the orthopedic. He assured me the shoulder is not serious but the diagnosis in layman's terms is 'frozen shoulder' with absolutely no clue how it got that way. He injected it and ordered me to physical therapy to be trained in the exercises I need to do to regain full range of motion. He said if problem is resolved in 90 days or less, it's all good. If not, come back and he'll inject it again. But at least I have been reassured that I won't harm myself doing physical therapy on my own.
Just be ready for the pain. Regaining full-range-of-motion can be challenging.

Back from the orthopedic. He assured me the shoulder is not serious but the diagnosis in layman's terms is 'frozen shoulder' with absolutely no clue how it got that way. He injected it and ordered me to physical therapy to be trained in the exercises I need to do to regain full range of motion. He said if problem is resolved in 90 days or less, it's all good. If not, come back and he'll inject it again. But at least I have been reassured that I won't harm myself doing physical therapy on my own.
I said it sounded like Frozen Shoulder, now dint I? Listen to Dr Gracie! :lol:
I know how I got mine. When we had chickens, it rained and the water collected on the "roof" of their pen..which was a tarp..and I had to use a broom and poke from the inside...all over...so the water would pour off since it was like a big bubble fixing to burst. That damn broom and my arms being in the UP position for almost half an hour was enough to fuck up my left shoulder.
I find if I sleep with two pillows under my arms, it helps. Might wanna give that a try. Yoga is supposed to help too. Mine lasted about a month. Then it just disappeared.

Thank you for the belated birthday wishes Sherry. I hit the mark in one of the old Beatles songs! Also Happy Birthday to my pal 007.
Thanks, man... I think of you often, brother. When I see the storm clouds moving in and all the hot weather and such, I know that you're not all that far away right down to the south, and I hope that you're ok. I know it's kinda flat where you're at.

Life is really good right now, and us old farts are still getting the most out of it. I took a big video of my place since I bought it thinking it would be a good idea to document everything, then I played it back, and thought to myself as I listened to it that my commentary sounded like a bubble head... so it's a whole do over... :doubt:

Nice and cool this morning, so I'm headed out to pull the John Deere out and get a few landscaping chores done.

Been busy getting the RV ready to hit the road. Had a change of plans. Instead of going to Montana going to Virginia to go fishing with an old friend who was the Best Man when Mrs. BBD and I got married. I'll be close by to my hometown and will also check it out as I haven't been back there in almost 25 years. Hope I can still speak the language!
You'd have had to say howdy to my older sis and BIL in Twin Bridges if you'd have gone to MT. He'd have bored the hell otta ya with all his reloading show and tells... ;)

Good morning all. Fell asleep on the couch last night and just never got up again until this morning. It keeps me in a position that keeps the shoulder more comfortable though the couch isn't very comfortable to sleep on.

Sorry about missing those birthdays 007, BBD, and Spoonie. Now that the board no longer provides us with the daily birthdays, I have to rely on you guys to tell me when it is your birthday. I guess I should start keeping a list of those, but I'm always afraid of missing somebody.

Would somebody be interested in keeping a birthday calendar for the Coffee Shop? Or shall we just keep winging it?

I agree with GW. I am not looking forward to physical therapy. But if it fixes the problem. . . .
And yes Gracie you diagnosed it, but the orthopedic doc assured me that I would have to do some therapy to regain full range of motion--it has already been 30 days will almost no improvement. He said I can do the exercises at home, but will need to be guided in the process by a trained therapist. So, on we go.

Good rains in Albuquerque yesterday and a good chance for more today. That is a good thing.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Sounds like a plan BBD. Hope you'll keep us entertained with your adventure. :)

Okay back from the gastroenterologist again--another 35 mile round trip--they had an opening happen and called me back in for an 11:30 am appointment. Almost two hours later advised they couldn't do anything for me and were referring me on to another group--I should be called with the info on when my appointment will be within a day or two. If I have something I could die from, I probably will. :)

In about an hour go to the orthopedic to see about this shoulder.

Have I mentioned I HATE going to doctors?

You aren't going to doctors. You are visiting the doctor's office...

Forum List

Back