USMB Coffee Shop IV

Who needs amusement parks and thrill rides? As I sit, wasting my life on line, the house begins to shake, rattle, and roll. Preliminary 6.2 on the Richter scale. I guess we all have our crosses to bear.
Dayum! Hold on, GW!
Nothing fell off the walls, but the dogs next door went ballistic. 6.2 isn't much, depending on where and how deep.

I need to chant. Get my BP down.
Chant? I meditate. I had a roommate once who chanted, had a "shrine" and all. Things worked out for her most of the time. Do you have a special mantra?
See vid above. It helped many times as I lay having a nipple injected with ink before being whacked off.....when I woke up in the middle of the colonoscopy....reading about lions being shot with arrows then beheaded, etc.

Been over at twitter ranting like a wild woman about that last sentence.

I hate earthquakes. We had a small one here locally yesterday I think it was. Didn't feel it. Thank goodness.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ernie,
Foxfyre,
WQ's mom Dorothy and Aunt Bev,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Spoonman, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

outdoor-lighting.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ernie,
Foxfyre,
WQ's mom Dorothy and Aunt Bev,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Spoonman, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

outdoor-lighting.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.
Thank you, Foxy.
Regardless of your own trials and tribulations, you always remember those others who require positive concentrations. Thank you.

Doomed with turkey bacon, GW. :(
I guess I'll try some of that. If it isn't too bad, I'll start eating turkey bacon in sympathy with you. Otherwise, you're on your own.;)
You guys were discussing bacon yesterday, and lo and behold yesterday, for the first time in ages, I had bacon in a big, fat BLT, one of my all time favorite sammiches, Reuben taking top honors. (Now I want a Reuben.) Actually though, I was researching yesterday how to make a good home Gyro. Probably going to do a shopping run today, I'll pick up what I need for those.

It has been very hot and humid here for practically the entire month of July. It's hard to do any work outside because it only takes minutes to be dripping with sweat, and because your body doesn't cool properly because of the high humidity, you need to take frequent cool down breaks and hydrate, or you certainly do risk dehydration and/or heat stroke. I saw this at Nellis AFB in Vegas and it ain't pretty. Put a guy I knew well in the hospital, deathly ill for about a week. So I've been getting things done in late afternoon and at night.

Who needs amusement parks and thrill rides? As I sit, wasting my life on line, the house begins to shake, rattle, and roll. Preliminary 6.2 on the Richter scale. I guess we all have our crosses to bear.
That right there is the #1 reason I could never live in Alaska, even over the cold. I hate earth quakes... the ground is NOT supposed to move.

That right there is the #1 reason I could never live in Alaska, even over the cold. I hate earth quakes... the ground is NOT supposed to move.

I agree though I've never felt an earthquake and would like to - a small one please - just once. But heck, you can't even live in Oklahoma these days without the ground moving.

I agree though I've never felt an earthquake and would like to - a small one please - just once. But heck, you can't even live in Oklahoma these days without the ground moving.

I've never experienced an earthquake before. I've heard of them reported in our area, but I've never felt them. I imagine that must be kind of scary. If we had a big one here, it would be absolutely devastating. We are not prepared for such a disaster. Everything is packed close together like sardines in many areas and our buildings and roads are not built to withstand earthquakes.

Well I'm back from my doctor's appointment that they rescheduled for this morning--up at o-dark-thirty to drive 17 miles in heavy traffic to make a 7:45 am check in time. . . . only to be advised that the person who rescheduled me didn't put it on the book so they weren't expecting me and couldn't take me this morning. I am still scheduled for Monday morning.

I am not a happy camper.

Well I'm back from my doctor's appointment that they rescheduled for this morning--up at o-dark-thirty to drive 17 miles in heavy traffic to make a 7:45 am check in time. . . . only to be advised that the person who rescheduled me didn't put it on the book so they weren't expecting me and couldn't take me this morning. I am still scheduled for Monday morning.

I am not a happy camper.

Oh, that sucks. You should charge them for your time and gas money. :D Lol.

I've never experienced an earthquake before. I've heard of them reported in our area, but I've never felt them. I imagine that must be kind of scary. If we had a big one here, it would be absolutely devastating. We are not prepared for such a disaster. Everything is packed close together like sardines in many areas and our buildings and roads are not built to withstand earthquakes.
Taiwan is pretty earthquake prone and I went through quite a few from minor to a little more than minor when I lived there in the early 70s.
The 2011 earthquake in Virginia, we were in a huge thrift store (old Builders Square building) when it hit. The wife and I were close to the middle of the store watching everything move, listening to people screaming and watching them run for the front doors..... all glass. It was amazing to watch the people running around in absolute hysterics and the damn quake was only a 5.8, panicking is the worst response.

Taiwan is pretty earthquake prone and I went through quite a few from minor to a little more than minor when I lived there in the early 70s.
The 2011 earthquake in Virginia, we were in a huge thrift store (old Builders Square building) when it hit. The wife and I were close to the middle of the store watching everything move, listening to people screaming and watching them run for the front doors..... all glass. It was amazing to watch the people running around in absolute hysterics and the damn quake was only a 5.8, panicking is the worst response.

Panicking is always the worst response, but that is what some people do.

Forum List

Back